Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to this podcast once more, Andrew Lawden also said that "A lot of the historical locations of Britain are being used for the dark elf world. The historic buildings in London have a Gothic feel."

If it's indeed meant to be Svartalfheim, seems there'll be some Midgard influence in its design. Or perhaps, somehow, Svartalfheim is spilling over to earth.

LOL.... I was beginning to feel the same way about your Surtur infatuation. :p

And I just think it would be so utterly absurd, and yet I could see a greedy exec out to make the most of the Loki popularity with the ladies in particular suggesting they actually put that in. So hilariously absurd.... I mean, a very talented highly trained Shakespearean actor reduced to being stripped down painted blue and running around Stonehenge nekkid on top of it? :doh: I may not be able to show my face at my local theater again after I LMAO at the site of this scenario. :whatever: I for one hope it's not the actual case, and Tom is allowed to keep some dignity (and clothes on) and not just have to do that to please the fan girls. :cmad:

I'm very glad to read about this blue druid guy actually, that seems very likely since he's been linked to Stonehenge in the comics. I suspected someone might come up with a character that fits that description. I'll have to look up the story about him soon... :woot:

Little known fact the alternate title for "The Dark World" is "It's Ladies Night"

:word: Ohhhhh.... yeahhhh....

j/k of course... :p

edit: and for some more info about the Druid dude - Ultimus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimus_(comics)
http://marvel.com/universe/Ultimus

Hmmm.....
http://www.comicvine.com/demon-druid/29-14892/
Druid is a Kree Eternal and is the only Kree to still be an Eternal. 3,000 years ago he was buried stonehenge by a evil lord named Lord Tantalus. He stayed there until it became modern times. He then started to be called Demon Druid. The Supreme Intelligence soon selected him to be apart of the Starforce. During that time the Starforce were making a plan to give the Supreme Intelligence have all control of all the Kree. The Supreme Intelligence got full control again by killing some Kree rulers. The woman who was the killer was Deathbird who was hired by the Supreme Intelligence. This would make it so the Starforce was the actual Kree army. Later, the Starforce arrested Deathbird and the Avengers. After that Ronan the accuser was part of the Starforce ranks. That's when the Starforce went to kill Lilandra who was the Shi'ar leader. But, other Avengers members helped stop and defeat the Starforce. The Starforce where to be executed by Lilandra. Until the Skrulls had infiltrated the council. The Starforce was spared and got away. Later, Druid is seen attacking Tantalus. With all of his power he was able to defeat the evil lord. But, in this fight he was aided by a member of the legion named Blackwulf. Demon Druid will always have a hate for Tantalus.
1370403-ultimus_power_super.jpg

Last edited:
Security from the set telling folks the shoot is for "Dark Elf Kingdom" scenes. The rocks and rubble are apart of their kingdom. Also, "Interior shots in the chapel all day!" Not sure if we'll see any of the other actors

Some images of the inside of the chapel for those interested... (no film crew or actors)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/krypto/3412139378/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35617662@N04/5214570664/

http://www.flickr.com/groups/hdr/discuss/72157605550834629/

nice pics, so we're goingh to have nekkidness in Dark World huh? hope it's not too dark so we can see the nekkidness. :D

http://www.comicvine.com/demon-druid/29-14892/
Druid is a Kree Eternal and is the only Kree to still be an Eternal. 3,000 years ago he was buried stonehenge by a evil lord named Lord Tantalus. He stayed there until it became modern times. He then started to be called Demon Druid. The Supreme Intelligence soon selected him to be apart of the Starforce. During that time the Starforce were making a plan to give the Supreme Intelligence have all control of all the Kree. The Supreme Intelligence got full control again by killing some Kree rulers. The woman who was the killer was Deathbird who was hired by the Supreme Intelligence. This would make it so the Starforce was the actual Kree army. Later, the Starforce arrested Deathbird and the Avengers. After that Ronan the accuser was part of the Starforce ranks. That's when the Starforce went to kill Lilandra who was the Shi'ar leader. But, other Avengers members helped stop and defeat the Starforce. The Starforce where to be executed by Lilandra. Until the Skrulls had infiltrated the council. The Starforce was spared and got away. Later, Druid is seen attacking Tantalus. With all of his power he was able to defeat the evil lord. But, in this fight he was aided by a member of the legion named Blackwulf. Demon Druid will always have a hate for Tantalus.
1370403-ultimus_power_super.jpg

And I'm just going to put this out there, if we have Carol Danvers/Ms Marvel in Avengers 2 (not sure if that's definite yet), then it makes sense to begin to introduce some Kree in some of the MCU movies before that (assuming she changes to Ms. Marvel the same way)

bad place yeah it does, I love the fact that they're massive evironmental damage in the Midgard action scenes. It's also pretty cool to see Thor fighting in several different realms throughout the course of one film.

Agreed! :woot:

Actually, it may in fact be in Svartalfheim where they're churning up the yard. Still, in the spirit of "Let's attack some place other than New York", it's also good that they're tearing up a realm other than Midgard.

Listening to this podcast once more, Andrew Lawden also said that "A lot of the historical locations of Britain are being used for the dark elf world. The historic buildings in London have a Gothic feel."

If it's indeed meant to be Svartalfheim, seems there'll be some Midgard influence in its design. Or perhaps, somehow, Svartalfheim is spilling over to earth.

Hmmm, you're right! Either scenario is very interesting! (Makes you wonder how the one realm influenced the other over the millennia)

And I'm just going to put this out there, if we have Carol Danvers/Ms Marvel in Avengers 2 (not sure if that's definite yet), then it makes sense to begin to introduce some Kree in some of the MCU movies before that (assuming she changes to Ms. Marvel the same way)

Well, this comment makes me the most receptive to the idea of having this Ultimus dude in the story. The other stuff everybody posted made his story sound kind of cheesy (even if he is running around nekkid).

Well, this comment makes me the most receptive to the idea of having this Ultimus dude in the story. The other stuff everybody posted made his story sound kind of cheesy (even if he is running around nekkid).

I agree, I'm not crazy what I've read on the character but they could be changing his story some (probably) and certainly the Stonehenge connection is already there for that character, and he is blue, and half nekkid. LOL

VERY cool idea. :word: and would be a very different threat that we've seen so far.

But did she want to be, is the question. She wanted to jump ship when the previous director got ditched, didn't she? Contractually obliged to return?

Once again (previously hashed out on the Jane Foster thread): completely irrelevant. She's a professional.

But did she want to be, is the question. She wanted to jump ship when the previous director got ditched, didn't she? Contractually obliged to return?

That's what the rumor mill says, but who's to know if that's true.

Once again (previously hashed out on the Jane Foster thread): completely irrelevant. She's a professional.

Definately not irrelevant.

Professional or not, everybody [and I do mean everybody] has days in work in which you're just not emotionally invested and your work suffers as a result. Actors are in no way different. Example? Edward Norton is also a 'professional' and he was contractually obliged to appear in the Italian Job - guess what ? He phoned his performance in and you could tell.

I think we best just wait and see what her performance is when it comes out in a year, rather than debate about it here now. when the movie comes out people will see and they can get mad about it, or they can praise her for doing a good job. There is nothing we can do about it now, she is playing this character whether she or anyone else wants her to be there or not. But there is no point in debating it here now. Wait and see what the performance actually is.

Definately not irrelevant.

Professional or not, everybody [and I do mean everybody] has days in work in which you're just not emotionally invested and your work suffers as a result. Actors are in no way different. Example? Edward Norton is also a 'professional' and he was contractually obliged to appear in the Italian Job - guess what ? He phoned his performance in and you could tell.

I would say that people have off days and likely for some of them, their performance is not the same as their pinnacle, but said performance is still more than adequate to the task. In addition, people who are emotionally invested in a particular project have off days in which their performance is not at the pinnacle and again more than adequate for the task.

There are also examples where a particular performance is not sufficient for the task, but I would say that is more the exception than the rule. A man bites dog story.

Seemed to me like Portman phoned it in in the last one too
Shouldn't be much different this time around

I like Natalie Portman, but she gives like, half very good performances, and half completely mundane performances

I would say that people have off days and likely for some of them, their performance is not the same as their pinnacle, but said performance is still more than adequate to the task. In addition, people who are emotionally invested in a particular project have off days in which their performance is not at the pinnacle and again more than adequate for the task.

There are also examples where a particular performance is not sufficient for the task, but I would say that is more the exception than the rule. A man bites dog story.

But you do at least concede that it can happen, so the issue cannot considered to be 'irrelevant' as you previously decreed. For the record, I think that Portman is a fine actress and I'm sure that she'll be equally as fine reprising the role of Foster; all I asked is whether she actually wanted to be there given what [supposedly] went on over Jenkins' departure.

:huh: The Demon Druid!?
Thor_Vol_1_209.jpg
thor209e.jpg

there it is

but what would a kree eternal have to do with this?

Again, someone else working for thanos for some reason?

LOL.... I was beginning to feel the same way about your Surtur infatuation. :p

And I just think it would be so utterly absurd, and yet I could see a greedy exec out to make the most of the Loki popularity with the ladies in particular suggesting they actually put that in. So hilariously absurd.... I mean, a very talented highly trained Shakespearean actor reduced to being stripped down painted blue and running around Stonehenge nekkid on top of it? :doh: I may not be able to show my face at my local theater again after I LMAO at the site of this scenario. :whatever: I for one hope it's not the actual case, and Tom is allowed to keep some dignity (and clothes on) and not just have to do that to please the fan girls. :cmad:

I'm very glad to read about this blue druid guy actually, that seems very likely since he's been linked to Stonehenge in the comics. I suspected someone might come up with a character that fits that description. I'll have to look up the story about him soon... :woot:

Little known fact the alternate title for "The Dark World" is "It's Ladies Night"

:word: Ohhhhh.... yeahhhh....

j/k of course... :p

edit: and for some more info about the Druid dude - Ultimus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimus_(comics)
http://marvel.com/universe/Ultimus

Hmmm.....

Hey. Wanting my favorite thor villain to appear (with it actually being a legit possiblity) is slightly different than wanting to see Loki naked lol.

the fangirlism wasn't awkward, but seeing everyone talking about a naked man was to me lol, though i was just messing around

BUT I agree about Ultimus.

What would he have to do with the thor world though is what I am wondering

Seemed to me like Portman phoned it in in the last one too
Shouldn't be much different this time around

I like Natalie Portman, but she gives like, half very good performances, and half completely mundane performances

I thought she was fine in the first one. It wasn't exactly the meatiest of roles.

where do you find all these things? lol

I'm with ya totally. I assume Carol will make her appearance in the ABC show Shield. Just curious as to how the kree will get involved.

I hope she actually gets her powers via kree. I think the MCU has run its course for serum related powers

Agreed! :woot:

Actually, it may in fact be in Svartalfheim where they're churning up the yard. Still, in the spirit of "Let's attack some place other than New York", it's also good that they're tearing up a realm other than Midgard.

Hmmm, you're right! Either scenario is very interesting! (Makes you wonder how the one realm influenced the other over the millennia)

the multiquote feature is there for a reason my friend lol

I agree, I'm not crazy what I've read on the character but they could be changing his story some (probably) and certainly the Stonehenge connection is already there for that character, and he is blue, and half nekkid. LOL

VERY cool idea. :word: and would be a very different threat that we've seen so far.

seriously though, why the bad place..is everyone spelling "naked" like "nekkid"

i dont get it lol

Jane Foster definitely on set today

boo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members