Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
there it is but what would a kree eternal have to do with this?

Again, someone else working for thanos for some reason?

BUT I agree about Ultimus.

What would he have to do with the thor world though is what I am wondering

well in comics he's buried under Stonehenge for 3000 years, so I would assume, if that part stays in, someone accidentally or on purpose releases him from a similar situation. Does he or the Kree have any tie ins with the Dark Elves? He may be able to fall under the "shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself", couldn't he? What about being able to posses someone?

Fer Crom's sake, Ultimus is NOT in this movie! :cmad: Yeah, "butt nekkid blue guy at Stonehenge" and all that, but Ultimus was a throwaway one-shot no-name from Thor's early years that not even Thor fans have even heard of. They're not just going to throw random useless Silver Age guys into an already crowded scenario.

But did she want to be, is the question. She wanted to jump ship when the previous director got ditched, didn't she? Contractually obliged to return?

That rumor is grossly exaggerated, and factually inaccurate. All the trades ever reported was that Portman was originally upset that Marvel didn't use Patty Jenkins, her first choice for director. But there's no indication she threatened to walk or that she's not happy with Alan Taylor.

Fer Crom's sake, Ultimus is NOT in this movie! :cmad: Yeah, "butt nekkid blue guy at Stonehenge" and all that, but Ultimus was a throwaway one-shot no-name from Thor's early years that not even Thor fans have even heard of. They're not just going to throw random useless Silver Age guys into an already crowded scenario.

In response to this, I just want to point this out for people to consider...

Behind the scenes
Joss Whedon revealed that he chose to include the Chitauri over Skrulls or Kree because this particular race didn't have any wide background story and they could be used even for a small part.

Trivia
Though the Chitauri share the same name as the extraterrestrials from Mark Millar's The Ultimates, there is little resemblance between the two versions. In the comic book, the Chitauri are never shown in their true form, leaving the reader to use their imagination as to what these aliens look like. Throughout The Avengers, these Chitauri appear as tall, grey-skinned reptilian creatures. The Chitauri tended to eat humans to take their form; these savage tendencies are not included in the film. The Chitauri of the Ultimate Comics universe are shape-shifters who have been manipulating mankind for centuries, including putting the Nazi Party in power of Germany in the 1930s. Captain America encountered these aliens several times in World War II, including the mission which left him frozen in the ocean, and then fought them with the Ultimates in 2002. In the comics, they are led by a member of their own species taking the form of a Nazi Commandant named Herr Kleiser, and in the Marvel Cinematic Universe they are led by Thanos.

http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/Chitauri

Last edited:
Lady Marion, your avatar is just so subtly funny it makes me chuckle every time I see it.

I'm just picturing a poor professor trying to conduct a class while all this is going on.

Late answer, but thank you very much :yay:.

Sometimes when my son and I sat in the theater and the scene was shown we looked at each other and called "another". The people around us looked like "WTF??" Mostly they didn't get the reference.

In response to this, I just want to point this out for people to consider...

http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/Chitauri

True, but the difference being the Chitauri were CG creatures that didn't have lines and didn't require an actor(s) to be cast; plus, they made sense as a villain group and were ripe for speculation from the very beginning (since they were the primary villains in Ultimates Vol. 1). This Ultimus guy makes no sense at all, and we definitely would've heard casting details if Taylor chose to make him the bad guy for some reason instead of Malekith and Kurse.

Late answer, but thank you very much :yay:.

Sometimes when my son and I sat in the theater and the scene was shown we looked at each other and called "another". The people around us looked like "WTF??" Mostly they didn't get the reference.
hehe I got it right away and I'm still kicking myself for not thinking of it lol :doh:

But did she want to be, is the question. She wanted to jump ship when the previous director got ditched, didn't she? Contractually obliged to return?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it just Portman being upset Jenkins left? That doesn't mean she can't like Taylor coming aboard and what he has to offer, or not wanting to do the film at all.

EDIT: Beaten to it by Sam.

Last edited:
hehe I got it right away and I'm still kicking myself for not thinking of it lol :doh:

Nah, don't kick yourself :woot:.

When I think about it: Does Thor really need another brother like Loki?!? Isn't one enough? *lol*

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it just Portman being upset Jenkins left? That doesn't mean she can't like Taylor coming aboard and what he has to offer, or not wanting to do the film at all.

EDIT: Beaten to it by Sam.

Granted, it doesn't mean she doesn't like the choice of Taylor. Then again, it doesn't mean that she does, either.

Like I said, contractually obliged. :oldrazz:

spl4546150011wm900.jpg

spl4546150021wm900.jpg

Seems we also know what's with those rocks and stuff

https://twitter.com/thisissirius/status/268020661912477696
spl4546150081wm900.jpg

spl454615005wm900.jpg

I know I'm late to the party on this (been helping my bro. & his family move out of state and have been without internet access on my laptop for the past 3 days or so), but I just want to say how much I like what we've seen of Thor's look. The new armor (both sleeveless and sleeved) with the added chainmail look on the legs, the loin cloth, the positioning of the cape. I also really really like the hairstyle with the sides pulled back as well as the tiny braids on the side as well. It just feels more...I dunno, real for the character to me.

Just my opinion though.

*returns to trying to catch up on 3 days worth of posts/news/stuff*

Excerted from this bulletin
we have: "[Jane]’s an academic, so it would make sense for her to be in a sort of university setting, and when we saw her, she was carrying several books, so it kind of looks as though she’s in the middle of working, or studying, or something, when Thor turns up."

I'm just picturing a poor professor trying to conduct a class while all this is going on.

Indeed. Think how distracting it could be for one such professor. :yay:

bah so confused

Back to the Thor pictures from yesterday. What do you think, is he fighting a CGI Kurse here? Because seems like he's fighting something not there and the damage to him and to the ground makes me think it might be a CGI Kurse or something as powerful.

Excerted from this bulletin

we have: "[Jane]’s an academic, so it would make sense for her to be in a sort of university setting, and when we saw her, she was carrying several books, so it kind of looks as though she’s in the middle of working, or studying, or something, when Thor turns up."

Indeed. Think how distracting it could be for one such professor. :yay:

Especially if a CGI Kurse is fighting with Thor right outside the window. LOL

Back to the Thor pictures from yesterday. What do you think, is he fighting a CGI Kurse here? Because seems like he's fighting something not there and the damage to him and to the ground makes me think it might be a CGI Kurse or something as powerful.

Especially if a CGI Kurse is fighting with Thor right outside the window. LOL

Kurse should be mo cap I think personally.

That big rocky area in the ground, I feel like that is due to a throw down.

yeah, i remember watching my first norse people brawl outside my monday morning class window

No Hiddleston sightings at all this whole time?

No Hiddleston sightings at all this whole time?

Tom was at an event Mon and it looks like he could be growing back a goatee, so I am thinking he's probably on break from filming and we probably wont be on this set at all. Not positive about that, mind you, but probably he is on break. I'll be a little (pleasantly) surprised if he shows up.

Interestingly Sif and the Warriors 3 are on break (or at least Zach and Jaimie have both gone home for now, according to Twitter)... so it seems to be just Thor fighting whatever by himself here. :( (unless they put them in the background later or something, it's amazing what they can do. Or everybody is dead at this point. :( )

But then didn't someone say an Odin trailer was spotted there? (I think Marvel Freshman said this). Of course, he's not necessarily involved with this fight, (though it would be cool if he was), they could be using one of the interiors for whatever Odin is up to.

OMG! Do they have pointy ears I see there?! what the heck were the other guys in the older Sept. fight photos then? You know the ones that were all wrinkly and shriveled up guys? I was thinking those might be Dark elves. but... oh, i'm so confused. :huh:

Nah, don't kick yourself :woot:.

When I think about it: Does Thor really need another brother like Loki?!? Isn't one enough? *lol*

With Loki's magical ability to make copies of himself Thor can have as many as he'd like.

With Loki's magical ability to make copies of himself Thor can have as many as he'd like.

Well for a minute Thor HAD about 50 or so of them, having a jolly time, at the end of Thor 1 but then he had to go and break them all! :whatever:

Well for a minute Thor HAD about 50 or so of them, having a jolly time, at the end of Thor 1 but then he had to go and break them all! :whatever:

I'm just picturing Thor body slamming Loki after Loki and asking for another. Quite a hilarious image to have in my head right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"