Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by Thread Manager, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elizah72

elizah72 Well-Known Member

out of curiosity, does anyone know who the kid in the green shirt there is? If he's an actor or just another fan. It seems odd that picture would be up with the pics of Levi and Tom like this, and have that kid not be an actor on the film as well, no? Especially since he's pictured by himself with the girls and not with the other two. I admit I could be grasping at straws here. Could be wishful thinking on my part definitely, but that kid surely could pass for a teenage Loki, I think. And it seems like, considering the childhood flashback in the first film, we could definitely get treated to a flashback of young Thor and Loki when they were still friends, before the you know what hit the fan. :csad:

on the discussion over an ancient evil being involved, I admittedly am not totally versed in the comic books for Thor (I was more into xmen comics when I was a kid), but then again people need to keep in mind that the movies never seem to go along exactly with what the comics do anyway. It's just impossible to do in a film because there is SO MUCH out there for some of these long running stories and characters. However, my feeling is that they are doing more foreshadowing and building up towards Thanos in Avengers 2, so that is a really big buildup. rather than putting in yet another new villian that is super bad and seemingly impossible to defeat here, they will instead be hinting about Thanos and how bad he is in Thor 2, and like in Avengers we may only get a glimpse if that, but he will be pulling some strings probably. It seems likely he'd be trying to work out a way to get his hands on Loki to punish him for his failure in Avengers. Otherwise I think the main baddies are those that we already have heard about Malekith, etc, with possibly Thanos lurking behind the scenes still as a lead up to Avengers 2. And that may require some reworking of his history, but as I said, I dont think any of the movies of this genre that I've seen so far have followed characters histories exactly, sometimes even doing some pretty drastic changes for the sake of the film (for instance I consider movie Rogue to be VERY different from Comic book Rogue, Pyro was another one that was very very different. Not necessarily in a bad way for either, but definitely different)

And speaking of changing things around for the sake of films. is anyone else troubled by Tyr appearing? I mean they said outright in the first film that Thor is first born and never mention Tyr. And yet the actor playing Tyr is clearly older than Chris. I find it hard to believe that Odin would not know he had another son. It doesnt bother me so much if they make a change from the comics, since sometimes it is necessary to the story for film, but to completely reverse something that was said in the previous movie? I mean, huh? Also from what I have read about Tyr, he is another troublesome brother, and I'm not sure Thor really needs yet another brother like that to deal with. I have a theory that possibly he will wind up being reinvented as a younger brother of Odin, come to try to take Asgard from Odin, and to sort of parallel Loki and Thor's conflicts. Will have to wait and see if I am right. But I feel like that might be much more interesting than just another troublemaking brother for Thor. also remember Laufey saying the house of Odin is full of traitors. Not just one but plural! I have a feeling we may find out more about that with the introduction of this character.

2. American Maid

American Maid Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think flashbacks to their childhood would be interesting. People speak highly of the books that cover their adolescence; maybe the movie will draw from that material.

I agree with you about their probably not needing another troublesome brother running around.

After the last discussion of Tyr, I remembered that in some of the myths, he is represented as being the son of (random giant by the name of) Hymir. So maybe they will use that idea in the film. Then the whole issue of whether Tyr could challenge Thor's claim to the throne goes away.

I could see them using the Odin's brother idea too. I had forgotten about Laufey's remark; this would be a natural way to follow up on it.

3. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Tyr being Odin's brother (Thor's uncle) or nephew (Thor's cousin) would be fine by me.

4. elizah72

elizah72 Well-Known Member

I actually wish that Laufey had not died in Thor. The actor was fantastic especially with his scenes with Odin, and that very very interesting delivery of the line to Thor, "you know not what your actions will unleash. I do." (with a sadness and regret coming through, even with all that makeup). I feel like there was a lot more to explore there.

5. American Maid

American Maid Well-Known Member

Yeah, they've gotten a lot of talented people in a lot of the roles, and it makes so much of it a delight to watch!

And I agree, it sounds like there's more to explore. Looking forward to it!

6. marvel_freshman

marvel_freshman Well-Known Member

7. Flemm

Flemm Well-Known Member

Yeah, really. I would be very surprised if the Beyonder appears, but anything's possible, I guess. More likely another entity filling the Beyonder's role in Simonson's story. Interesting stuff in any event.

8. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

What do you think the chances are of Badylr turning up (excuse spelling)?

9. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

I'd actually like for Surtur to transform Algrim into Kurse, it would probably even fit the story better than Beyonder transforming him. :up:

However, I've always been a fan of sticking to the source material so Beyonder being included wouldn't be too shabby either.

10. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Do you mean Balder? If so, I really don't expect to see him in this movie, or even future Thor movies. I know some of the purists want him, but I just don't see how he'd fit into the MCU without looking like a random extraneous character.

11. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Personally I can see Balder being hid away because he might have more knowledge on how to use something like a Tesseract, and to be safe from others trying to force him into doing things, they hid him away.

12. jonathancrane

jonathancrane I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Speaking of Balder, I lucked out this weekend: I visited the comic bookshop in town and was browsing through their 50c bin and found two of the issues from Simonson's Balder miniseries. I read and enjoyed them. I'd like to see Balder, but, not at the expense of sacrificing screentime to the already large and awesome cast.

13. Godzilla2000

Godzilla2000 Dollar Store Diva

You know, if Tom were to grow facial hair I seriously would not be able to tell the difference between him and Zachary Levi. :p

14. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

15. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

Screw 3D! Even though I got the 3D blu-ray of Thor, I only got it because of the nifty "Limited Edition" cover hehe.

16. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

It'll probably be a post-convert since there hasn't been much talk of them using actual 3D cameras for filming.

17. Quasimod0

Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

Maybe pym will be in avengers 2

18. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

nothing to do with Antman will be in Thor until Antman comes out. That's Marvel's deal

19. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

20. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Completely missed these!

21. Lady_Sif

Lady_Sif Goddess of Asgard

Mh, I have to say I really liked Josh Dallas as Fandral. Not sure what to think of the new guy... Right now, I still prefer Dallas, cause he was perfect to me.

22. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

You've never seen Chuck?

23. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

Really? Never seen the TV show Chuck? Zachary Levi is awesome. :D Great in Tangled as well even though it was just his voice.

24. BoredGuy

BoredGuy Chairman of the Bored

Yeah and Josh Dallas had all of what, two lines?
    Never really got any idead of how he was playing fandral from so little screen time...

25. Lady_Sif

Lady_Sif Goddess of Asgard

Nope. I think we don't get it here. Never heard of it before. I don't even know what the show's about lol.

Tangled? '_'

You know what they say.... There are no small roles, just small actors lol. He had a bit of a fighting scene too! I also remember him having more than just two lines lol. What do you mean? The Warrior's Three had not much screentime overall. They were just... there. Supporting crew Asgard I called them hehe. If THOR would be a Rock concert, the W3 would have been the Roadies lol. Can't go without them, you rarely see them, but they are there if you need them and things won't work without them :D

Besides, I do like Dallas in "Once Upon A Time". He was very good as Fandral. Gonna miss him. But I am open minded for the new actor ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.