Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that gadget in Natalie's hands something to do with Jane's Einstein-Rosen Bridge theory?

Well, she does research on Einstein-Rosen bridges and certain anomalies that brought her to the New Mexico desert in the first film. The Foster Theory has something to do with the structure of Yggdrasil and how Einstein-Rosen bridges form interconnections therein.

I would assume the gadget allows her to take measurements when she is in the vicinity of some portal opening, or when she is observing some similar phenomenon. What few stills I am able to find of her equipment in Thor1 do not show anything bearing any resemblance to this device. But it could well be that this prop was indeed used in that film and no one posted a picture.

It also doesn't look like the device in the alternate ending that makes the image of Yggdrasil and shoots the beam into space.

FWIW.

Well, she does research on Einstein-Rosen bridges and certain anomalies that brought her to the New Mexico desert in the first film. The Foster Theory has something to do with the structure of Yggdrasil and how Einstein-Rosen bridges form interconnections therein.

I would assume the gadget allows her to take measurements when she is in the vicinity of some portal opening, or when she is observing some similar phenomenon. What few stills I am able to find of her equipment in Thor1 do not show anything bearing any resemblance to this device. But it could well be that this prop was indeed used in that film and no one posted a picture.

It also doesn't look like the device in the alternate ending that makes the image of Yggdrasil and shoots the beam into space.

FWIW.
. For those who don't know, Einstein rosenbridges are wormholes :p., I am a space nerd so I can go to town on that. It's a theoretical bendig of space time

So if that thing is something to do with her research it would make sense for her to have it when Malekith and Thor visit Midgard, maybe it gave some kind of warning which is why she is outside and potentially in danger.....

Fingers crossed for some more set pics then!

So if that thing is something to do with her research it would make sense for her to have it when Malekith and Thor visit Midgard, maybe it gave some kind of warning which is why she is outside and potentially in danger.....

Fingers crossed for some more set pics then!

Makes sense!

princehals had reported that it was just going to be stunt people and explosions and such through Sunday. So while it's not as exciting as seeing the actual actors, it still could provide interesting information on what is happening.

Question for London-area members (or London-area guests if you want to weigh in--great opportunity to join! :yay:)

In September, marvel_freshman posted a notice of filming with a helicopter along the Thames:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=24374293&postcount=599

My question is: where is this area in relation to Greenwich University? I know waffles reported walking along the Thames before getting all those great photos, and the letter talks about the Old Naval College at Greenwich. I'm wondering if the helicopter footage would lead to any of the scenes shot at Greenwich University. Not knowing the geography, I have no idea whether that would make sense.

Thanks!

Also, is that shawarma skit at the end considered canon. I mean I realize anything within the film should be considered canon, but it does not fit in with the events in any way. I mean Thor and Loki had just transported themselves back to Asgard just moments before in the movie, so how is Thor suddenly on earth eating Shawarma? and if you say well he ate there before transporting himself back to Asgard with Loki (so basically a flashback), then I would say where the heck is Loki while they are eating? I am not saying I don't love the skit, but it certainly doesn't seem to work with any kind of continuity that I can think of.

Surfer

Loki was probably handcuffed in a corner in the shawarma scene...

Shawarma2.jpg

:woot: I think we shouldn't take the shawarma scene too serious, it's only a nice joke at the end.

don't you guys remember? Odin sent him BACK to wait on them.
avengers141024.png

Thanks! :D tho not entirely my idea but both Clark and Cobie retweeted it. :D

Jane running with a gadget in her hand is the only Thor 2 news released today?

......lame

FWIW.

Yeah, I'd be willing to bet it's some sort of wormhole warning system, or maybe even Foster and/or Selvig's research has gone so far as to allow them to create/manipulate the wormholes now themselves....?

Plot-wise, I'd guess that her Gizmospaztransmogrification Device went off when Thor made his way to London, and now, in this scene, it's gone off again because Malekith just showed up uninvited.

Yeah, I'd be willing to bet it's some sort of wormhole warning system, or maybe even Foster and/or Selvig's research has gone so far as to allow them to create/manipulate the wormholes now themselves....?

Plot-wise, I'd guess that her Gizmospaztransmogrification Device went off when Thor made his way to London, and now, in this scene, it's gone off again because Malekith just showed up uninvited.

Three's a crowd :yay:

hello everyone!

i've decided to join the hype after being a mere visitor.

the reason my first post is here is because thor is my favourite superhero( alongside batman) so i figured "what the hell, i should debut on the thor forum". so here i am

Well, WELCOME aboard EZIO!!
It might be a quiet week, seeing as thursday is thanksgiving here in the States. lol

hello everyone!

i've decided to join the hype after being a mere visitor.

the reason my first post is here is because thor is my favourite superhero( alongside batman) so i figured "what the hell, i should debut on the thor forum". so here i am

Welcome, Ezio. :)
Love the Assassin's Creed name....big fan here. :word:

Thanks cherokeesam and vartha!! Happy thanksgiving for you.( Though i dont have it because i live in south america, argentina. but i hope you have a nice holiday anyway)

PS: sorry for my english

welcome to the hype ezio!

you're english is great, don't worry. I get very sloppy myself, and it's my native language :p

Welcome Ezio.

And I can't believe that username wasn't taken :p

Question for London-area members (or London-area guests if you want to weigh in--great opportunity to join! :yay:)

In September, marvel_freshman posted a notice of filming with a helicopter along the Thames:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=24374293&postcount=599

My question is: where is this area in relation to Greenwich University? I know waffles reported walking along the Thames before getting all those great photos, and the letter talks about the Old Naval College at Greenwich. I'm wondering if the helicopter footage would lead to any of the scenes shot at Greenwich University. Not knowing the geography, I have no idea whether that would make sense.

Thanks!
They were filming on the south bank which is further up the river thames from Greenwich University and greenwich naval college. Its possible that the footage could be linked.

It seems like alot of the London filming is around the more old fashioned looking London areas like Leadenhall market.

They were filming on the south bank which is further up the river thames from Greenwich University and greenwich naval college. Its possible that the footage could be linked.

It seems like alot of the London filming is around the more old fashioned looking London areas like Leadenhall market.

Pretty sure that the helicopter footage (and some other footage shot elsewhere in London) were meant to be flying shots, and there was at least one report that the shots were supposed to show Mjolnir flying headlong through the streets of London. Which means that Thor somehow got *really* separated from the hammer at some point.

The reason I say this is because I was wondering about that most recent set shot at the university, that showed Malekith cornering Jane and Selvig; then Thor steps in and manhandles him and shoves him back. Question: can anyone see Mjolnir on Thor's belt in those scenes....? Because I can't understand why he wouldn't have just laid the hammer down on the Dark Elf king instead of resorting to rasslin'....?

I cant really tell but I would say he may be being smart here and pushing him away so they can fight without endangering Jane and Erik so much.

and Welcome Ezio! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"