Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the Internet. You're supposed to call him a moron, accuse him of being adopted, and then say how wrong his opinion is.

Do I have to write these posts myself?

Sorry man, it's not in my nature. Besides cherokeesam makes some valid points, I just see it a little differently is all.

Surfer

Thanks for setting a good example Surfer. The interwebs needs more of this.

Thanks for setting a good example Surfer. The interwebs needs more of this.

I appreciate the praise, but it's not necessary as I find most people on this site generally tend to be respectful and cordial towards one another. So, I am merely one of many who would act the same, but thank you all the same for the kind words.

Surfer

Well, if it means anything to anybody I just like setting no example for anyone at all in these boards.

nah i think its way too early for posters...most posters come with a teaser like IM3 so expect it by early March 2013 or with IM3 release...
I don't think so. I mean a simple teaser poster don't take much to make (and SOMETIMES not much talent :D ) and Teasers can be out for several months, sometimes years before a movie.

I'd kill to see the wrecking g crew in a Thor movie. Lol

cherokeesam, I am not a young kid. I am in my 40's and I do remember Thor battling many of the characters you have listed on multiple occassions, but to me that still does not necessarilly translate to the popularity of the character or what I would define as the reason for a character being considered an "A" list, "B" list or "C" list character. However, I think this topic is somewhat subjective so I am in no way saying you are wrong, only that my interpretation of it is different then yours.

Surfer

Understood; I was just saying that the nature of Thor's rogues' gallery changed significantly from the four-color superhero era into a darker (and ultimately more popular) high fantasy era. I strongly doubt most of Thor's Silver Age earth-based villains would go over well with modern audiences at all --- can't see anybody these days getting excited about watching Goldilocks duke it out with a Frenchman who can turn people to stone.

Although I will say I gained a whole lotta respect for Carl "Crusher" Creel in his alternate form in the Earth-X/Universe-X miniseries. Anybody who laughs at the concept of Absorbing Man needs to check that out....Creel is probably the toughest mofo the Avengers ever faced (at least in an alternate universe).

Understood; I was just saying that the nature of Thor's rogues' gallery changed significantly from the four-color superhero era into a darker (and ultimately more popular) high fantasy era. I strongly doubt most of Thor's Silver Age earth-based villains would go over well with modern audiences at all --- can't see anybody these days getting excited about watching Goldilocks duke it out with a Frenchman who can turn people to stone.

Although I will say I gained a whole lotta respect for Carl "Crusher" Creel in his alternate form in the Earth-X/Universe-X miniseries. Anybody who laughs at the concept of Absorbing Man needs to check that out....Creel is probably the toughest mofo the Avengers ever faced (at least in an alternate universe).

I agree with you 100% regarding the changes to the Thor comics and the directions it's taken through the years, and I feel these changes are a reflection of the times. I mean Thor first appeared in 1962 and man first walked on the moon in 1969. To many that was the moment where space travel and exploration seemed obtainable. Now I am not saying Marvel (at that moment) completely abandoned ship with their more earth bound Villians in the Thor Comics, but I am sure over time they could see the increasing popularity of bringing in stories related to space, Asgard and the other 9 realms, and therefore choose to do so.

As for the Absorbing Man, I have always liked him well enough as a Villian in the comics, so no problems there for me. Although, I will have to check out his Alternate version in the Earth X Universe, as I am unfamiliar.

Surfer

Masters of Evil would be amazing. Especially Enchantress.

I've been hoping for the Wrecking Crew as well. I think they could be a lot of fun.

They'd have to have some serious costume revamps. Lol
A group of construction dudes with enchanted abilities is an awesome idea. :p

Their costumes would look awesome in live action. :woot:

I just found a listing of a "Tv Reporter" at Stonehenge for "Thursday Mourning" directed by Alan Taylor, so sounds like that scene takes place on Earth modern day times.

See this link

http://unitedagents.co.uk/sam-swainsbury

PS: In case you didn't know, Thursday Mourning = Thor The Dark World ;)

Last edited:
Yes, seeing The Wrecker on screen would be brilliant.

They could pull off something like, Thor and Loki (or malekith or enchantress or it doesnt matter) are battling on earth when said villain possesses a nearby group of contsruction workers and has them fight Thor for him.

But I suppose that would seriously piss off the wrecking crew fans out there

But c'mon enchanted crowbars and s**t? might be tough to fit into these movies, at least
IDK, I'm sure someone smarter than myself could find a good way to use them

I just found a listing of a "Tv Reporter" at Stonehenge for "Thursday Mourning" directed by Alan Taylor, so sounds like that scene takes place on Earth modern day times.

See this link

Great find! I'm surprised there haven't been much on the Stonehenge shoot.

Great find! I'm surprised there haven't been much on the Stonehenge shoot.

Thanks!

yeah I've looked, there is certainly not much about it leaked. I just happened to look again today because we were discussing the locations some in the Plots thread and then I came upon the actors' listing. :woot:

See this link

I think the "Celtic Musicians" listed in the cast are part of that scene, too. I'm envisioning a typical modern-day Druidic shindig, reported on by local media, where the surprised wannabe New Age types find out that they've somehow summoned some REAL magic to Earth (i.e., Malekith).

Or maybe they're there to try to "summon" Thor back to Earth after the events of the Avengers. He's bound to have picked up a fanclub after The Battle of New York, right? :word:

They could pull off something like, Thor and Loki (or malekith or enchantress or it doesnt matter) are battling on earth when said villain possesses a nearby group of contsruction workers and has them fight Thor for him.

But I suppose that would seriously piss off the wrecking crew fans out there

But c'mon enchanted crowbars and s**t? might be tough to fit into these movies, at least
IDK, I'm sure someone smarter than myself could find a good way to use them

...why would Wrecking Crew fans be pissed off by that scenario...? That's exactly how they were created --- Loki was in NYC, and cast a spell on a bunch of construction workers to turn them into super-sized muscle to battle Thor.

...why would Wrecking Crew fans be pissed off by that scenario...? That's exactly how they were created --- Loki was in NYC, and cast a spell on a bunch of construction workers to turn them into super-sized muscle to battle Thor.

He means it would be like add a Wrecking Crew rip off instead of having the actually Wrecking Crew (character bio back story and all) that fans know and love. Think about Superman 3. There was an evil Superman clone and an evil Supercomputer. The clone wasn't Bizarro and the Super Computer wasn't Brainiac. Doing that ended up killing any chance of actually adding the real Bizarro and Brainiac and pissed off there respective fan bases. Doing stuff like that makes you go why didn't they just use the original characters instead of making up counterfeits.

Evil Superman Clone
[YT]sfe5drzybRU[/YT]

Evil Supercomputer
[YT]hPc1vMX9KlI[/YT]

Last edited:
Masters of Evil would be amazing. Especially Enchantress.

You damn right :up:

tumblr_m8g33b_ZP4_Z1qbvaudo3_500.gif

I think the "Celtic Musicians" listed in the cast are part of that scene, too. I'm envisioning a typical modern-day Druidic shindig, reported on by local media, where the surprised wannabe New Age types find out that they've somehow summoned some REAL magic to Earth (i.e., Malekith).

Or maybe they're there to try to "summon" Thor back to Earth after the events of the Avengers. He's bound to have picked up a fanclub after The Battle of New York, right? :word:

I'm actually wondering if it'll be a scene like at the end of Avengers where tv reporter is covering whatever has happened on Earth and it's effect, and we see people returning to some of the "old ways" and worshipping Thor. That probably won't go over well with a few other major religions though. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"