Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
a7116e3ccaay5z.jpg

You can clearly see the dots around his eyes for the CGI there. I'm really curious to see his final look.

Lol that's who it is. What a twist. Leading to..... Secret wars

On a more serious note though the original Secret Wars 12 issue series is still one of my favorite story lines. Same with Infinity Gauntlet.

Surfer

You can clearly see the dots around his eyes for the CGI there. I'm really curious to see his final look.

Yeah, me too! I am especially curious, because the burned side of his face already looks pretty good in many of the pictures, so it just makes you wonder how much better can they really make it. I know a lot of people are saying they will be changing the eyes, because that seems to be where the majority of the sensors are located, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Surfer

On a more serious note though the original Secret Wars 12 issue series is still one of my favorite story lines. Same with Infinity Gauntlet.

Surfer

Same here. I even loved the secret wars episode of the spiderman animated series. It's my ultimate dream to see that on film. Or at least Pixar or sumthin. :p Avengers made me want it even more

Same here. I even loved the secret wars episode of the spiderman animated series. It's my ultimate dream to see that on film. Or at least Pixar or sumthin. :p Avengers made me want it even more

Well at least with the Avengers Movies it seems we will be getting some version of the Infinity Gauntlet story line. In order to do a Secret Wars movie justice I feel like Marvel / Disney would at least need to regain the rights to the Fantastic Four franchise at a minimum, and preferably X-men and Spiderman as well, but doubt that will happen any time soon. I mean Dr. Doom, Molecule Man and Galactus played very large roles in that comic series and I really think they are absolutely necessary to the story working to it's potential. Otherwise it's just a bunch of Masters of Evil / Acts of Vengeance type Hero / Villian face offs, with a powerful being watching over them, which wouldn't necessarilly be terrible, but definitely not as powerful as it could be if done correctly.

Surfer

@Surfer No prob, the new pics were really small, so I just threw 'em together in sequence, instead of a bunch watermarked pics.

Looks like Thor gets punched well and proper there. Not sure if a dark elf (even Malekith) is supposed to be that powerful, but if it works for the film then go for it.

Looks like Thor gets punched well and proper there. Not sure if a dark elf (even Malekith) is supposed to be that powerful, but if it works for the film then go for it.

Nah he's not, so hopefully his punches/attacks are charged with magical energy.

I've been wondering the same thing, why would there be too villains who are physical threats?

Veryyy good point, I'm not saying anything is worng with it I'm just wondering.

Maybe Malekith sends Kurse to deal with Thor and when he finds them too evenly matched he kills off Kurse and says in so many words that if you want the job done right sometimes you have to do it yourself. Lol

Surfer

Maybe Malekith sends Kurse to deal with Thor and when he finds them too evenly matched he kills off Kurse and says in so many words that if you want the job done right sometimes you have to do it yourself. Lol

Surfer

That wouldn't make any sense because Kurse is wayyyyy more powerful than Malekith, if anything the opposite should happen.

Thor should defeat Malekith forcing him to unleash a newly transformed Kurse onto him.

Malekith is definitely using magic. He's using alot of hand gesture type things and at the same time a flash of light happens. Thats gonna look soooo awesome when its completed
I'm gonna be sad if this is the final battle and we're seeing it so early tho. :(

We've seen this scene more than enough times, but someone bought bigger version of some Getty Images...
tumblr_mdm2qyTNqC1qkc8gxo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mdm2qyTNqC1qkc8gxo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mdm2qyTNqC1qkc8gxo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mdm2qyTNqC1qkc8gxo3_1280.jpg

The last two pictures:
"What are you doing down there?"
"WHOA BRO, I AIN'T LIKE THAT!"

It has me stoked to see all this in the theaters in a few months. It looks like it's going to be a pretty badass fight, might vs. magic and I predict Thor might be on the losing end of that fight considering his inexperience in magic.

He better not lol

I was beginning to wonder that myself. LOL

Malekith doesn't really like NEED Kurse. But malekith certainly shouldn't be physically challenging Thor

Why would kurse hate Thor then?
Considering the beyonder won't be in this film

SOMEONE is going to change Algrim. Be it Surtur, or Hela, someone will do it, and probably screw with his mind

Nah he's not, so hopefully his punches/attacks are charged with magical energy.

Yeah I am with ya there. I am a bit uneasy about Malekith prooving a physcal match for Thor

Malekith is definitely using magic. He's using alot of hand gesture type things and at the same time a flash of light happens. Thats gonna look soooo awesome when its completed
I'm gonna be sad if this is the final battle and we're seeing it so early tho. :(

Dude I saw all the Avengers footage and it didn't ruin the Movie experience for me. The movie is usually shot at different angles and then edited to bad place and back in post production. Sometimes the final footage doesn't even look the same as the cellphone, Digital camera, or camcorder captured shots. When it hits Post Production the scene are usually cut up and reorganized also. Look at the examples below.

Amature set footage
Captain America and Thor Battle
Look at how much of this fight sequence didn't make it into the movie.
[YT]VOOFJBHcm3k[/YT]

Thor hits car
[YT]IQPPxkdNtjk[/YT]

Thor throws and catches Mjolnir!
[YT]m4542FrfZ3Y[/YT]

Now here is the same clip from the movie.

Marvel Avengers Assemble - Captain America and Thor in Battle
[YT]VpUIlV95Qwc[/YT]

Just for giggles. :oldrazz:

Set blooper
[YT]nNvxFN4ji5A[/YT]
Official blooper
They even went through the trouble of digitally adding his shield in in post production lol. Just think there someone above them filming this that's right out of shot. :funny:
[YT]gkcht60wZvw[/YT]

Last edited:
Miiinoooor nitpick coming up, I'm not sure I like the contraption on Malekiths head, I hope he doesn't wear is all the time.

That wouldn't make any sense because Kurse is wayyyyy more powerful than Malekith, if anything the opposite should happen.

Thor should defeat Malekith forcing him to unleash a newly transformed Kurse onto him.

Yeah, I know and I was partially joking, but then again.....

Malekith is a leader and Kurse is the Muscle, and this would not be suggesting Malekith take on Kurse directly, but more catch him off guard with something unexpected and creative. I mean there is a lot of movies where you see a physically weaker character who's in charge backstabing the muscle character because they are not performing up to their expectatations, and it just helps to establish the leader as being more of a evil, dangerous, and unpredicatable villian for the hero to contend with.

Anyways, I am not suggesting that is what I think they should do, but merely that it is possible.

Surfer

Thor must have smashed that care on impact when he landed. I hope the flying that lead up to this moment is epic. :wow:

Yeah that looks freakin' SWEET, now all we need is a shot of Thor throwing or slamming a car into Malekith. :highfive:

Yeah, I know and I was partially joking, but then again.....

Malekith is a leader and Kurse is the Muscle, and this would not be suggesting Malekith take on Kurse directly, but more catch him off guard with something unexpected and creative. I mean there is a lot of movies where you see a physically weaker character who's in charge backstabing the muscle character because they are not performing up to their expectatations, and it just helps to establish the leader as being more of a evil, dangerous, and unpredicatable villian for the hero to contend with.

Anyways, I am not suggesting that is what I think they should do, but merely that it is possible.

Surfer

Ah I see, yeah that makes perfect sense now that you put it that way.

Preretconed Beyonder was basically as powerful as the one above all.

What's the differences between pre-rectoned Beyonder and rectoned Beyonder?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"