Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah I see, yeah that makes perfect sense now that you put it that way.

What's the differences between pre-rectoned Beyonder and rectoned Beyonder?

The pre-retconed Beyonder was basically equal to the power of the One Above All, who is considered to be the most powerful character in the Marvel Universe.

The retconed Beyonder from what I understand (and correct me people if I am wrong) is suppose to be more on par with a self aware Cosmic Cube power level. So, quite a big drop in power levels, but still very powerful all the same.

Surfer

I'm tired of being disappointed BigThor. :p
Although they HAVE gotten a ton right when it comes to his powers. Thor channeling the lightning on the tower in the avengers was great

I understand where you're from, because nothing says superhuman like vehicle tossing/slamming. Hopefully they kick the enviromental use and strength feats up a few notches in this film.

Yeah they've gotten more right than wrong, especially the costume, Mjolnir, the way Mjolnir returns and that particular lightning attack

Pre-rectoned Beyonder was 100% Omnipotent and Omniscient. He was more power than all the cosmic begins combined. Potentially the entire Marvel universe could have just been a figment of his imagination.
beyonder.jpg

Beyoner beating up Celestials for fun

2035379-letter_27s.jpg
[/IMG]
2035378-letter_26.jpeg
Beyonder kills Death
deathu.jpg
impossiblex.jpg
impossiblex.jpg
Beyonder repelling Galactus like a fly
secretwars00112bh4.jpg

secretwars00113ft9.jpg

secretwars00117nz5.jpg
Post Retcon Beyonder has more limitations. he could actually be beaten or equaled by other beings. He's not absolute like he was before.
1740132-beyonder_super.jpg

Last edited:
Different angles & rehearsal of the Malekith solo scene
[YT]857p3oYXuAk[/YT]
[YT]3OL1R3M0cWk[/YT]
[YT]MN8ESD5yXGE[/YT]
tumblrmdmuenp1lt1qkj77d.jpg

Yeah that looks freakin' SWEET, now all we need is a shot of Thor throwing or slamming a car into Malekith. :highfive:

power levels mostly

The pre-retconed Beyonder was basically equal to the power of the One Above All, who is considered to be the most powerful character in the Marvel Universe.

The retconed Beyonder from what I understand (and correct me people if I am wrong) is suppose to be more on par with a self aware Cosmic Cube power level. So, quite a big drop in power levels, but still very powerful all the same.

Surfer

bingo

Different angles & rehearsal of the Malekith solo scene
[YT]857p3oYXuAk[/YT]
[YT]3OL1R3M0cWk[/YT]
[YT]MN8ESD5yXGE[/YT]

maybe he is summoning something?

I just thought of this, but maybe what they're filming is Thor's first battle with Malekith in the movie and he gets his butt handed to him by Malekith's magic and Odin intervenes by teleporting down from Asgard. I could be wrong, but Odin in full battle gear laying the smackdown on Malekth with his own high degree of magic mastery would be pretty awesome.

maybe he is summoning something?

He's teleporting his lunch down from Svartalfheim?

Last edited:
SAWEEET!
Well peeps BEHAVE see ya in a few days drive safe if you're traveling! Happy Thanksgiving!

I just thought of this, but maybe what they're filming is Thor's first battle with Malekith in the movie and he gets his butt handed to him by Malekith's magic and Odin intervenes by teleporting down from Asgard. I could be wrong, but Odin in full battle gear laying the smackdown on Malekth with his own high degree of magic mastery would be pretty awesome.

This. I'm picturing an epic sweeping battlefield sequence (similar to the one in The Avengers), with Odin taking on Malekith while Thor battles Kurse (or vice versa), while Heimdall, Sif, the Warriors Three and other Asgard warriors are taking down a smorgasbord of Dark Elves and Maruanders:awesome:

This. I'm picturing an epic sweeping battlefield sequence (similar to the one in The Avengers), with Odin taking on Malekith while Thor battles Kurse (or vice versa), while Heimdall, Sif, the Warriors Three and other Asgard warriors are taking down a smorgasbord of Dark Elves and Maruanders:awesome:

It would be *very* cool to see a big magic fight!

I suppose you mean Heimdall, Sif, Warriors Three, etc are battling up in Asgard while the Odin/Malekith and Thor/Kurse battles take place here (be it either Svartalfheim or Midgard)?

@American Maid That works! I would rather they save a battle of these sorts for either of the nine realms, sans earth. :yay:

More pics of the same scene
chrishemsworthchristoph.jpg

The last one looks badass! Could this be his entrance? Really cool pics, thanks, marvel_freshman.

I guess London isn't doubling as Svartalfheim, unless they drive cars in Svartalfheim.

I guess London isn't doubling as Svartalfheim, unless they drive cars in Svartalfheim.

Well, that's what I was alluding to a while back. Maybe they are borrowing tech from Midgard in addition to their architecture.

Otherwise, maybe this means Thor is battling Kurse on Earth (he has those scratches on his face in all these photos).

Yeah. Surtur. :yay:
Yup. That "sun" they were supposedly building seems like it'll be a portal to Muspelheim, with Malekith attempting to summon Surtur.

But the third act looks like it'll be Thor vs Malekith and his elves, not an hour of Thor vs Surtur with Malekith and his "pansy elves" already dispatched :o :oldrazz:

Always a great sign when the raw set photos already look badass. A rarity. (i might have said this before btw)

Thor's costume looks even better than in Avengers.

Yep that's exactly what he's doing, it couldn't be more obvious.

@American Maid That works! I would rather they save a battle of these sorts for either of the nine realms, sans earth. :yay:

I'm actually more excited about the earth battles, because we can measure their abilities against earthly objects.

Yup. That "sun" they were supposedly building seems like it'll be a portal to Muspelheim, with Malekith attempting to summon Surtur.

But the third act looks like it'll be Thor vs Malekith and his elves, not an hour of Thor vs Surtur with Malekith and his "pansy elves" already dispatched :o :oldrazz:

Yep that's exactly what he's doing, it couldn't be more obvious.

I'm actually more excited about the earth battles, because we can measure their abilities against earthly objects.

You guys think he is actually summoning Surtur?

You guys think he is actually summoning Surtur?

He's obviously casting a spell, and the "artificial sun" suggests some sort of portal opening, so it's likely that he's summoning *something,* right? And we know from the comics that Malekith serves whom? Surtur. Putting two and two together and all that.

Yeah, Malekith summoning Surtur might be the big tease for Thor 3. Or it may be a three-on-one throwdown with Mal, Kurse, *and* Surtur vs. God of Thunder in the third reel. Just sayin'. :oldrazz:

Any sign of Kurse yet?

I'm beginning to firmly believe that Kurse is going to be a Hulk-style CG construct instead of an actual physical presence. In other words, Kurse might well already be in a lot of the battle scenes we've seen so far; only "in spirit," awaiting CGI in post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"