Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by Thread Manager, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smashlilman

Smashlilman Ouch!!!!

I don't know if it's been posted or not.
    [​IMG]

2. American Maid

American Maid Well-Known Member

^Whoa!! No, I hadn't seen that. It's great! Thx.

3. steintym

steintym Stay Frosty

I'm just getting a chance to see all of the new pics. Great stuff, thanks waffles.

4. Surfer

Surfer Sentinel of the Spaceways

I thought we had gotten confirmation at some point that all 9 realms were suppose to be in the movie, I mean as it is my version of the story still left out several realms but I did my best. Lol

As for Malekith teaming up with Kurse. I know it is not how the comics go, but to show Algrim being betrayed by Malekith and left for dead. Algrim loosing his memory and becoming Kurse (obviously we will not be seeing the Beyonder in this movie), have him return with a powerful vengeance blaming Thor. Have him rebattle Thor. Then to have Kurse reawaken from his dillusion of the events leading to his near death, and then turn and kill Malekith. To me there is just way to much story there for an already jam packed movie, and to go through all of the motions of that story it would take up the majority of the movie. You can't have him battle Thor, nearly be killed, lose his memory, rebattle Thor, regain his memory and kill Malekith in 10 minutes. So, with my version I was trying to capture some of the elements of the comic, but to change it so that it worked within a much shorter time line. I just think the whole loosing memory regaining memory thing would take too long, not to mention I think we only have time for him to battle Thor once if this movie is going to be as busy as I think it is.

Thats how I see it at least.

Surfer

5. Surfer

I think your right, I don't recall having seen that pic before. Nice find.

Surfer

6. Surfer

I just thought of this. The picture almost reminds of a teambuilding competition where two people sit down, lock arms with their backs against one another and they attempt to stand up before the other teams of two people can. It just struck me as funny that they might be working together. Lol

Surfer

7. ctsketch

ctsketch Well-Known Member

we haven't seen that pic but we've seen that scene. that's from the video last week where Malaketh punches Thor as he comes in for a hammer strike

8. Surfer

Yeah, I know. I wasn't suggesting it was from a new scene, but still photos sometimes have more detail and can depict things differently then video, hence my comment about it looking like they were doing teambuilding.

Surfer

9. marvel_freshman

marvel_freshman Well-Known Member

Became one year older over the weekend, so I stopped tracking filming to celebrate. But they're filming today, so I came across some stuff just now.
    A new set video of the same scene, but I don't think we've seen what happens near the end. Kind of a spoiler, but not really.

[YT]peqitvXMEwM[/YT]

And last, some closeups on Malekith. Not my watermark, but I think it's his stunt-double
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. American Maid

Happy birthday, marvel_freshman!

11. marvel_freshman

@American Maid Thanks:yay:

12. marvel_freshman

13. waffles

waffles Well-Known Member

Damn! I was just about to post that NP was on set today!

14. Surfer

Happy Birthday marvel_freshman. I hope it was a nice one for you. For me that means lots of cake. Lol

Nice close up pics, you can really see some of the damage on that one side of his face. Nice!

The video I actually posted a few pages back while you were gone, but it's good you reposted it because I am not sure anyone saw it as it quickly got buried in the thread behind waffles personal set photos. Some of them are very nice and you should check them out in the previous pages if you have not already done so.

Surfer

15. marvel_freshman

@waffles My bad, are going to the set today?

Didn't get a chance to say earlier, but you took some great location pics. I was waiting for someone to finally snap Selvig's trailer because there were only a few people saying they saw it on Twitter, but no pics.

@Surfer Thanks a bunch! Sadly I only had one piece and it's already gone...why I'm against B-Day parties.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  16. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

regarding kurse, exactly. I was saying this prior in another thread, that's Kurse's story, and his entire character arc. Coming full circle and ending up killing Malekiith. Some people thought it would be thor vs kurse, and malekith vs loki, but Kurse is in this movie. He is there, his character needs..well character. its part of his character arc, killing malekith, so it's expected to happen.

17. Surfer

Awesome, we got Jane. It makes me wonder how they will incorporate her being there though. I mean does Thor come to earth to visit her and all hell breaks loose and it just happens to be where she is at. or does Jane discover a disturbance in the atmosphere similar to Thor and go trying to locate it only to find that a portal is being created by Malekith. or does Malekith seek Jane out for some reason (her knowledge, her connection to Thor)? It just seems baffling to me why Jane Foster would just so happen to be in the exact same place as Malekith when he decides to invade earth. I know they want to reunite Thor and her at least for a little while if even to give closure to their romance, but I just hope it doesn't feel forced.

Surfer

18. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

[

woah woah woah woah woah woah woah!!

in that video, at 1:00 when malekith stumbles back, and there is a flash of light, is that thor summoning lightning? Without raising his hammer to do so!!!!???? I know thor was just standing there, but I assume chris was just standing out of the camera frame. Still, a scene with malekith getting struck by lightning would suggest that thor can indeed, summon lightning without using the hammer to shoot it!!

19. American Maid

You're right--in the absence of additional information, it looks like too cute and tidy of a coincidence. It would be annoying to have something like that. Your idea of Jane chasing down another anomaly makes a lot of sense.

Now, if this scene is near the end of the movie, we have from the spoilers some idea that Thor and Jane are already reunited and have been traveling around. So this could be at the end of that.

20. marvel_freshman

Found another, looks like her scenes may involve the double-decker.
    [​IMG]

21. Surfer

I don't want to disagree with you, because in reality I am all for keeping the characters with their origins in tact. However, there already appears to be a lot going on in this movie and I don't see how they will be able to get that kind of story arc and all it entails with the amount of time they will have available in this movie to work with everything else going on. Personally, I hope I am wrong and that they can stick to the origin and that it is done well, works with the movie and that it doesn't feel forced, but I just don't see it happening.

Surfer

22. Surfer

So maybe she has a scene with Stan the Man who has been rumored as the bus driver, but I guess we will see.

Surfer

23. Surfer

Thats why I say to people at my parties, my cake looks great, so what are you guys having. Lol

Surfer

24. American Maid

I agree with you that movies need to keep the story simple and the number of characters parsimonious. I would like to note that the stories that came out at the time the casting of Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje said that he would play both Algrim and Kurse. That implies that he will be transformed. Likely it would be an entity like Surtur that will be referenced in the film anyway, and may appear (rather than introducing an otherwise unneeded character like the Beyonder). And likely they won't have as much about Kurse charging around trying to get at whomever he holds responsible for what happened to him. So maybe he won't get amnesia. But it seems that the transformation part of his arc is more likely to be shown.

25. marvel_freshman

:funny: I'll definitely be using that next year!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.