Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in The Avengers, Thor tells Loki that everyone mourned him. Most cultures have some sort of ritual on the occasion of a death. So it is likely that they would have had some sort of ceremony (not depicted), though it probably would not look like a funeral any of us might have attended. (And it's not uncommon for there to be a gathering for a meal afterward.)

At the feast at the end of Thor1, Sif offers her condolences to Frigga. People often do that the next time they see someone after a death. So this suggests this is the first big gathering since Thor's and Loki's confrontation on the Bifrost. My recollection is that Sif at least is dressed up for it. A death in the family is a pretty significant event, so it seems odd that they would be hosting a party for some other reason at that point in time.

So while it's true that they don't explicitly say that it is a funeral feast, it seems like a reasonable interpretation of that scene.

According to Pagan culture someone is mourned for a week, then at the end of said week a feast is held in honor of the person. Somewhere in that time the body and the persons belongings are burned on a pyre.
Question is, if the writers of the screenplay knew that though :/

The script says it's a banquet, it says there's merriment and there's no mention at all about Loki or a funeral either in the script or on screen. We have no idea if this was a normal, everyday Asgardian meal or something specific honoring Loki or anybody else for that matter.

Kinda sorta except it has more gold incorporated in the outfit, especially around the shoulder area.

you think that will be our mcu "king Thor"?

Because Odin is still capable to rule while Thor is gone. The whole reason there's need of a KING other than rule on Asgard is when Odin goes into the Odin Sleep.
In the comics there's a ranking for that. If Thor isn't there then it was Balder or Sif who were Acting "King" ruler WITH a portion of the Odin Force until Odin was awake to continue.
KING Thor had more Odin force than Odin at one point but I highly doubt that Marvel will go into the sacrifing they had to do to gain those powers

Odin is definitally still king of asgard, that's for sure.

and yes, the rune lord thor arc. very brief, but one of my favorites

Scene I'd like to see in a Thor sequel, or Avengers sequel:

Odin and Nick Fury face-to-face.
Eyepatch to eyepatch.
"I've got my eye on you." :D

Scene I'd like to see in a Thor sequel, or Avengers sequel:

Odin and Nick Fury face-to-face.
Eyepatch to eyepatch.
"I've got my eye on you." :D

don't mind where the gun is pointed, it just so happens that's where it lined up -_-

GstWCsk.jpg

Ah, I see it. Perhaps it is just how the armor looks without the cape?

Nah the outfit from the set photos doesn't have any gold around the shoulder and the discs on his chest are a bronxe like color.

What are the chances we might get a teaser trailer before Iron man 3? they are in post production now.

I've heard a couple of times now that we could get a teaser mid April.

As have I, and again there is supposed to be *something* for Thor 2 on the Phase one box set out April 2. and if the teaser is out in mid April, I am expecting it'll be on the box set to give those people who buy the set a little early peek. However doesn't mean that that teaser won't likely make it onto the internet fairly soon after April 2nd. ;)

Here is some Funko toys concept art for Thor 2, featuring Thor but look on the left! Who is that? what's there? Odin maybe? (judging by the symbol at the bottom). So unfair of them to cut that picture off right there! Ugh!

I found this through Marvel Freshman's twitter ;) originated with this guys tweet

Travis Denman ‏@tadenman
Thor 2 Concept Art. #funko #thor #marvel #tf13 #tfny http://instagr.am/p/VpT6rWL94G/

73059c84755811e2984522000a1f8ad9_7.jpg

Thor is cute but I want to know what the rest of this picture looks like! :woot:

Last edited:
I think it may be another thor figure, you can see the scale mail armor on the arm

No, I read Thor. I understand how it all works. And usually when Odin is alive, he is king. My point is that in the films Odin is alive, not in the sleep and there is no indication that Thor is now king.
Why does there have to be something that says he is? To me, on THIS Asgard, being King is more a RANK than anything else. I don't think Thor will get to sit on Odin's throne since Odin's awake. lol
I'm just saying they make him King for the saftey of Asgard. It's a fail safe, if anything were to happen to Odin. I mean we have Heard Frigga dies.
Technically they were a couple words making him king back at the beginning of the first movie. They might have just finished the ceremony they started. Heck the cut scenes of Loki becoming king were even short not to mention even briefer in the theatrical cut. lol

I think it may be another thor figure, you can see the scale mail armor on the arm

:huh: that doesn't look like his arm, it looks like a human hand with some ice/energy/magic shooting up from the hand, one of the reasons why I thought it might be Odin (plus again the symbol at the bottom would make it seem like it's probably not Loki)

edit: I *may* stand corrected as I just found this, but oddly enough it still really doesn't look quite like what's in that previous image, if you compare the two... very odd....
223404_438760532861820_78577178_n.jpg

Last edited:
you think that will be our mcu "king Thor"?

Odin is definitally still king of asgard, that's for sure.

and yes, the rune lord thor arc. very brief, but one of my favorites
It's not just the King Thor arc I'm reffering to tho.
Doesn't ANYONE remember they were making Thor KING at the beginning of the First movie? Odin was ALIVE then too. lol
Just because Thor is King of Asgard doesn't make him ALL FATHER, KING OF ALL REALMS.
and the lines,
THOR: "as King of Asgard.."
ODIN: "but you're NOT King, not YET"

To ME being King MAKES you General of you're own Armies. lol

We're talking GODS here, a different reality of ruling things lol

Last edited:
:huh: that doesn't look like his arm, it looks like a human hand with some ice/energy/magic shooting up from the hand, one of the reasons why I thought it might be Odin (plus again the symbol at the bottom would make it seem like it's probably not Loki)

edit: I *may* stand corrected as I just found this, but oddly enough it still really doesn't look quite like what's in that previous image, if you compare the two... very odd....
223404_438760532861820_78577178_n.jpg

I think it's the same image. What you saw in the first pic was a blurred section where the hair and scale mail overlapped. It's clearer in the second image, so you can see the two distinctly.

You know what, I think you're right, i think I see it now, it is just too blurred. Bummer, i was hoping Odin or another character might be there.

Doesn't ANYONE remember they were making Thor KING at the beginning of the First movie? Odin was ALIVE then too. lol
Just because Thor is King of Asgard doesn't make him ALL FATHER, KING OF ALL REALMS.
and the lines,

I expect Sean Bean to tunr up in his lord of the rings gear and say "Asgard has no king!" :woot:

A week on a movie set, from an extra with the marauding army working on Thor 2, Bourne Woods, a spoiler!

http://www.piptastic.com/a-week-on-a-movie-set/

So cut to the afternoon & I’m being held prisoner by Ray Stephens ready to be transported back to Asgard. (Spolier:It’s not real). Next to me Zachary is on his horse which on this particular day is deciding to play up. Not good when my head is in direct path of its hoof. I’m officially scared. I’m thinking if that horse hoofs me in the head then I’ll be going to my own version of Asgard & not coming back! Fortunately he managed to control his horse & quite admirably as well it must be said. As I’m being held hostage by Ray, it turns out he has nothing to eat & his character is always seen as eating… big problem as catering as gone home! Damon to the rescue as I produce my apple I had hidden in my ammo pouches & voila, if it makes the final cut I have my mark on a major film! fingers crossed. So if you see Ray chomping an apple whilst waiting to transport us intergalactic warriors to asgard then you know where it came from! PS I’m the one in the helmet that looks like a pigs face! – Very distinctive.

sounds like we can expect a Volstagg-sits-on-somebody-while-eating scene. LOL

Last edited:
and the lines,

Yes, they were making Thor king. I assume the king gets the throne. King, is ruler of the realm. However, after the events of Thor 1, it was clear early on that Thor wasn't ready to be king yet. I take it as, since Loki got sent away, and we didn't get a ceramony again at the end of thor 1 (they wouldn't skip thor's LEGITIMATE coronation), that for now, Odin has taken his place back atop the throne of asgard as king.

Thor will probably be crowned in thor 2. But there is 0% chance he is ALREADY king. Come on now Vartha :p they wouldn't just skip thor getting truely crowned

You know what, I think you're right, i think I see it now, it is just too blurred. Bummer, i was hoping Odin or another character might be there.

AHA! I demand an appology :oldrazz:

Remind me again .... when was it rumored we'd get a first look at this film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88