Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
<regarding the idea that either Gwyneth Paltrow or Natalie Portman has shown reluctance to continue in her respective role>

What did she say?

Beats me. I never see any interviews, statements, or whatever primary (or near to primary) sources to back this idea up. I only ever read fans repeating the assertion, here or on other boards that I read.

I'm baffled.

<regarding the idea that either Gwyneth Paltrow or Natalie Portman has shown reluctance to continue in her respective role>

Beats me. I never see any interviews, statements, or whatever primary (or near to primary) sources to back this idea up. I only ever read fans repeating the assertion, here or on other boards that I read.

I'm baffled.

she said that iron man was very physically taxing and she is getting too old for those kinds of roles

Any information if Patrick Doyle will return? I mean the score was beyond incredible. Just imagine the scene where Asgard is first shown to us. I thought i heard something that he'd return, i do really hope so.

I think last I read they were definately trying to get him to come back, but that was a while ago and it was never mentioned again.

I think last I read they were definately trying to get him to come back, but that was a while ago and it was never mentioned again.

Ok, thanks. Hopefully he returns, would be a loss otherwise.

This is just conjecture on my part but maybe Surtur shows up at the end of this movie and takes out Odin setting up the events for the next movie.

I'm baffled.

see above fo gweneth, and I m pretty sure Natalie has strongly hinted at it as well.

see above fo gweneth, and I m pretty sure Natalie has strongly hinted at it as well.

Yeah Natalie was not very happy when it was announced that Patty Jenkins would not direct the film.

I don't know why a change in director would warrant such a hateful reaction though. It's not like she can't work with Patty Jenkins on other projects.

I don't know why a change in director would warrant such a hateful reaction though. It's not like she can't work with Patty Jenkins on other projects.

idk. She should just deal with it

I'm not saying it's true. There was a lot of talking after the news on the boards. Anyway Alan Taylor is also a great director. Hopefully Jenkins gets to direct a CBM in the future.

There was no hateful reaction. Portman was unhappy that Jenkins left the film... and that's it. Nothing about not liking Taylor, no hint that she herself wanted to leave. All that stuff is conjecture fans thought up around the first part.

idk. She should just deal with it

Does the very fact that she did the movie not indicate she dealt with it?

There was no hateful reaction. Portman was unhappy that Jenkins left the film... and that's it. Nothing about not liking Taylor, no hint that she herself wanted to leave. All that stuff is conjecture fans thought up around the first part.

Not quite what I meant. An actor can be in a film and not be interested in doing it

Yes and yes. It's really too bad this rumor keeps being brought up, but that's the nature of the internet, unfortunately.

Jenkins was apparently Portman's own suggestion for director of Thor 2. Marvel tried to go with it, found out that Jenkins didn't share their vision for the project, and parted ways quickly. A couple of media outlets then reported that Natalie was upset with the decision. She might've felt like it was a personal slight against her for suggesting Jenkins in the first place.

Jenkins was apparently Portman's own suggestion for director of Thor 2. Marvel tried to go with it, found out that Jenkins didn't share their vision for the project, and parted ways quickly. A couple of media outlets then reported that Natalie was upset with the decision. She might've felt like it was a personal slight against her for suggesting Jenkins in the first place.

I'd actually be kind of interested to know exactly what her vision was and why they didn't go for it.

I'd actually be kind of interested to know exactly what her vision was and why they didn't go for it.

Dunno, but considering Jenkins is best known for brutally realistic crime dramas like Monster and The Killing, I'd guess that it came down to a realist's view vs. a realm of pure fantasy. My own personal theory is that Thor 2 originally started out with a script that would feature Enchantress as the lead villain, and the idea was to hire a female director for insight; but when that fell through, they went with the Malekith/Kurse storyline instead and a seasoned fantasy director, Taylor. (And I strongly believe that Malekith and Kurse were chosen solely to be a set-up for Surtur and the Twilight Sword Saga in Thor 3.)

Both her and the director before her (which was a GOT director also) claimed that iirc... I am extremely curious about what exactly the differences were for both.

Dunno, but considering Jenkins is best known for brutally realistic crime dramas like Monster and The Killing, I'd guess that it came down to a realist's view vs. a realm of pure fantasy. My own personal theory is that Thor 2 originally started out with a script that would feature Enchantress as the lead villain, and the idea was to hire a female director for insight; but when that fell through, they went with the Malekith/Kurse storyline instead and a seasoned fantasy director, Taylor. (And I strongly believe that Malekith and Kurse were chosen solely to be a set-up for Surtur and the Twilight Sword Saga in Thor 3.)

as we were talking about a bit in another thread, it takes a long time to get the CGI characters which we are assuming Surtur will be, ready to go, so assuming he'll be in Thor 2, if he is, they likely had planned for that long before Jenkins became involved. In which case, it seems unlikely that they didnt plan for Malekith and Kurse to be the big bads in Thor 2 from fairly soon after Thor 1, since they are considered a precursor to Surtur, not Enchantress.

I did come across a rumor from Bleeding cool news back in May that seems confident that Enchantress would be in it though, but like Dr. Strange we've not had anything really stronger than rumors, which is odd at this point (no suspicious casting announcements, for instance)
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05...ess-in-thor-2-but-how-about-the-rock-in-lobo/

Hi everyone. Don't really know much about the Thor comics, but love the films. Just wondering, since Thor is referred to as Thor Odinson, was Loki ever referred to as Loki Odinson - obviously before his true heritage was revealed. Can't wait for TDW and thanks for a reply if I get one

Also, just watched Thor for the third time and FINALLY got that Coul-son joke! Really cracked me up. Feel like an idiot for missing it the first couple of views, but better late than never! :)

Also, just watched Thor for the third time and FINALLY got that Coul-son joke! Really cracked me up. Feel like an idiot for missing it the first couple of views, but better late than never! :)

Always great if people love the characters pal! Obviously his real name is Loki Laufeyson, but i guess that he was called Odinson, because he thought he was the son of Odin until his true heritage was revealed to him.

Oh yeah, the Coul-Son joke. really great! I just realized that i've got to watch the film again :thor:

I can kind of understand why Natalie Portman would be disappointed but the show must go on after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88