Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Disney's marketing Thor 2 like they did Iron Man 3, we got the first poster and movie stills on the same day we got the first trailer. Plus, a sneak peek at the trailer a day before. I just hope the TDW trailer debuts with Apple. Yahoo has a crappy player

Would be fine! I hope they do so :yay:

Come on guys, Thor 2 is coming out in the same month as The Hunger Games sequel. Marvel is gonna market the hell out of this movie when the time comes.

Clearly Disney's only choice is to stop promoting Marvel's next movie and just promote their next next movie instead. It's the only rational conclusion.

It doesn't matter to them. They believe marvel has an ''agenda'' concerning Thor: they want him to fail in comics, movies and everything else because they hate (??) the character.:dry:

exactly. and they hate him so much, they let him star in three movies, those bastards

It doesn't matter to them. They believe marvel has an ''agenda'' concerning Thor: they want him to fail in comics, movies and everything else because they hate (??) the character.:dry:

Do you read comics? Are you a Thor comic fan? If you are then you would know its a fact that modern day Thor is much much weaker in all continuities then he use to be. I have no clue what Marvel's motives are, but since his resurrection since he was dead, he has continuously gotten weaker and weaker. Weaker to the point that he can hardly be called a God of anything. That's fact.

My feelings on Thor 2 are also based on facts. When is Amazing Spiderman 2 coming out? 2014, and yet we have conception art on his costume. Tell me, how much conception art have you seen for Thor 2? Thor comes out in 7 months, we could have more. IM3 trailer debut 7 months prier to the film coming out, and by the point we had images, posters, concept art, and all in all a lot more advertisement.

I, for one, have no desire to see conception art of Thor.

Do you read comics? Are you a Thor comic fan? If you are then you would know its a fact that modern day Thor is much much weaker in all continuities then he use to be. I have no clue what Marvel's motives are, but since his resurrection since he was dead, he has continuously gotten weaker and weaker. Weaker to the point that he can hardly be called a God of anything. That's fact.

My feelings on Thor 2 are also based on facts. When is Amazing Spiderman 2 coming out? 2014, and yet we have conception art on his costume. Tell me, how much conception art have you seen for Thor 2? Thor comes out in 7 months, we could have more. IM3 trailer debut 7 months prier to the film coming out, and by the point we had images, posters, concept art, and all in all a lot more advertisement.

uhhh we have a thor fan here guys!

Just think, when the trailer does come out, as well as promotional art and stills, we'll have tons of stuff to analyze, debate, and worry about (like if Loki's hair is too long/short, hehheh!). Then we'll look back on these carefree days of hope and innocence with fondness and, perhaps, a tear of sentiment . . .

If Disney's marketing Thor 2 like they did Iron Man 3, we got the first poster and movie stills on the same day we got the first trailer. Plus, a sneak peek at the trailer a day before. I just hope the TDW trailer debuts with Apple. Yahoo has a crappy player

i agree, but i hope the time of the trailer release is not like the teaser for IM3...
I had to stay up till 2am to catch that

Come on guys, Thor 2 is coming out in the same month as The Hunger Games sequel. Marvel is gonna market the hell out of this movie when the time comes.

its quite risky releasing it close to Hunger Games, but Im sure Marvel will handle it...
after all Cap survived Potter and made good numbers

its quite risky releasing it close to Hunger Games, but Im sure Marvel will handle it...
after all Cap survived Potter and made good numbers

It's got a two week hard start. Plenty of time.

You really are a newbie here since you can't seem to judge the way the conversation was going and how everyone was cracking jokes. I don't think you can call someone else an idiot when you showed that you have basic reading comprehension problems.

exactly what I said

just realized that by the time Thor 2 comes out, IM3 blu ray will be out...
and so will a Cap teaser.
IM3 will probably be out in about mid to late-September if they follow the same schedule they did for previous releases.

Sure seems like one for CA should be out. With filming seemingly being pushed back by a couple months, it'd probably be pretty barebones unless they can film fairly fast and get some of the basic CGI effects done.

IM3 will probably be out in about mid to late-September if they follow the same schedule they did for previous releases.

Sure seems like one for CA should be out. With filming seemingly being pushed back by a couple months, it'd probably be pretty barebones unless they can film fairly fast and get some of the basic CGI effects done.
It starts filming in three weeks

So NOT true!

Try understanding the movie business a bit before you comment. Spider-man is a sony Pictures film. They don't have another super hero film coming out between then and now so they aren't hurting themselves in any way by releasing stuff now. Marvel and Disney aren't spending $150 million or so to make a bad movie and hope it flops. They'll start pushing Thor as soon as Iron Man has it's go at the box office.

Who needs concept art anyway? We've already scene the actual costumes!

1. The ASM2 suit pic is just that. An actual picture of the suit. Not art.

and

2. We don't need concept art of from Thor because we've gotten both set as well as an official picture of the costume as well as looks at other aspects of the film via toys and, again, set pics.

And did you completely ignore the news that the teaser is coming at the beginning of April?

EDIT: As far as this "Modern Thor" things goes. Does it matter if he's weaker in the comics if he's portrayed better in the films? Or do you not think he is?

Last edited:
Why are people trashing this movie?! Makes no sense. From what I've seen, we've gotten more behind the scenes photos than Iron Man. People need to calm down and just have some patience. Marvel can't shove three movies down our throats before even the first one has been released. Aren't we getting a Thor trailer with IM3?!

1. The ASM2 suit pic is just that. An actual picture of the suit. Not art.

and

2. We don't need concept art of from Thor because we've gotten both set as well as an official picture of the costume as well as looks at other aspects of the film via toys and, again, set pics.

And did you completely ignore the news that the teaser is coming at the beginning of April?

EDIT: As far as this "Modern Thor" things goes. Does it matter if he's weaker in the comics if he's portrayed better in the films? Or do you not think he is?

Thor and Hulk are the current heavy hitters for the MCU for sure!

I obviously understood his sacarsm, seeing as I said all he had for a response to my post was a "sarcastic JOKE."

Disney is one of the biggest film production companies in the world, so they are more then capable of promoting two films(they normally promote more two films at a time). Besides my point was never about Disney wanting to destroy the Thor movie, it was about the promotion UP UNTIL THIS POINT! Do I think Disney/Marvel, plans to destroy the Thor movie on purpose...urmm No. Do I think Disney/Marvel has pre decided that IM3 is going to be the bigger cash cow, thus putting more energy into it, then after it comes out focus on Thor...YES. But people want to add things to my post, that I never said, so that they can vent about issues that have nothing to do with myself. Yes IM3 comes out next month, so production for the movie is nearly over, but my point was that when IM3 was 7 months away, we had A LOT more advertisement for the film.

I have my own conclusions as to why Marvel handles Thor the way they do, but that was never in discussion. I find it funny that people, who claim to be Thor fans, are actually bashing me because I would like to see more Thor 2 advertisement. I'm excited, and anxious for the movie, and from observing the way Marvel has treated IM3, it's clear to me Thor is not as big as investment. But, if you follow the numbers, it would make since, IM movies make a lot more, and are generally more popular, but I feel the treatment of Thor collides with how popular Thor is. Two movies down, and another on the way, and most people can't even tell you what the name of his hammer is, some even believe without the hammer he has no powers. In fact most people cant name a single person connected to Thor, other then Loki. So in my opinion Marvel should do more to show case a very marketable super hero. Give people a reason to like Thor, the same way they did with Iron Man who spent years as a B listed hero, by giving the role to Robert Downey Jr. Not that Chris is no good for the part, but I think this movie needs heavy endorsement, and it needs to be knock out film. Because their is nothing rememberable about Thor 1, and Thor's best part in Avengers, or I should say rememberable was being sucker punched by Hulk.

Or when Thor took down two of those giant ships with one lightning blast? Or when Thor clocked Hulk with that Uppercut? Or Thor toying with Ironman.

Oh, what about in thor 1, when he charged his hammer with lightning and struck the ground, destroying a city sized land scape in Jotenheim? A feat of power that has yet to be duplicated by anyone in the MCU?

Alright guy. alright

I've talk too many people about avengers and no one ever mentions any of the stuff you named. Not that it wasnt cool, because it was. But I said rememberable.

Heck I forgot all about the bridge scene, and I'm a Thor fan. So I'm sure if I grabbed a random person who attest to watching Thor, I asked what do you remember the most, very few, if any would answer when he destroyed the bridge. Most walked out talking about Loki. Just like most people came out of avengers talking about Iron Man, or Hulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"