Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feige said something recently about dropping hints about A2 within each of the solo movies, but not doing overt A2 hype that would take away from the individual stories. That's what led me to think about the death of the tag scene in favor of "exclusive look" trailers post-credits to show what the next solo movie will be.

My problem with this is that for each Phase 2 movie there will already be a theatrical trailer for the next upcoming movie prior to the movie. For example, IM3 will have a Thor:TDW trailer, Thor will have a CA:TWS trailer and so on an so forth. What are they going to showing post-credits that will be different?

Yes, and no, about the Phase I movies.
IM1: post-cred setup: Avengers. 4 years/4 movies away.
TIH: post-cred setup: Avengers. 4 years/3 movies away.
IM2: post-cred setup: Thor. 1 year/1 movie away.
Thor: post-cred setup: Avengers, 2 years/2 movies away. The argument can be made that the Tesseract also sets up CATFA, 1 movie away, only a few months away.
CATFA: post-cred setup: Avengers, less than 1 year, 1 movie away.
Avengers: mid-cred setup: ??? Most likely TA2, 3 years/ 4 movies away. At the earliest, Thanos might be setting up GOTG, still 2 years/ 2 movies away.

So, of 5 Phase I movies, only 2 directly set up the following movie, with the Selvig/Loki scene going either way. And as for Phase II, I strongly doubt that any post-credit scene for IM3 will set up Thor TDW, the next movie in this phase. There's strong rumors that IM3 sets up GOTG, of course, but that would mean skipping over TDW. So it definitely doesn't look like Phase II post-creds will segue seamlessly from film to film.

thor was actually one year before avengersss...technically, less than a year actually

My problem with this is that for each Phase 2 movie there will already be a theatrical trailer for the next upcoming movie prior to the movie. For example, IM3 will have a Thor:TDW trailer, Thor will have a CA:TWS trailer and so on an so forth. What are they going to showing post-credits that will be different?

Well as cherokeesam said, Iron Man 3 is rumored to be setting up Guardians of the Galaxy instead of Thor The Dark World and if so it will be exciting audiences for a film with no previous real exposure. Also, what if Marvel felt (given the Avengers success) the 3 stand alone characters coming from that movie did not require tie in's to excite the audience about their sequels, but Guardians of the Galaxy does. So, what if all second phase Marvel properties somehow connect with Guardians of the Galaxy through either their mid credit or after credit scenes. It would be a great way to hype a movie with much less known characters. I mean the stories don't necessarilly need to connect directly. For example with Captain America there could be just a night time scene after he and his fellow hero's have saved the lives of countless people and it seems the movie is coming to an end, when the camera slowly starts changing focus from the group of hero's towards the sky where we see many stars lit up and maybe what appears to be a comet flying through the night sky. End Movie, then mid credits is showing the camera following the comet through space until it all of a sudden is obliterated by a blast from an oncoming starship. Then the camera is inside the cabin and has a brief cameo of the Guardians Galaxy characters with Rocket Racoon saying something appropriate and funny. Thor is already a space epic for the most part so it really should be quite simple to tie it to Guardian's of the Galaxy. So, that is how I see it, because despite Guardian's of the Galaxy being an exciting project for many fan's it is the Marvel Movie with the least known characters, so linking all of the movies to it as well as perhaps playing on the idea of Thanos being important to the story would be a good way to help get people that are unfamiliar with these characters into the theater. So, once again just a thought, but it would also help with not having trailers interfere with the subject matter of the after credit sequences of these movies.

Surfer

^Sure, I can see that. What I don't think makes sense is jettisoning the stinger scene in favor of exclusive "first look" trailer, because each Phase 2 movie is already going to have a trailer for the next upcoming film attached to it in the previews. Stay with the after-credit stingers. They are fun and they build anticipation.

What I don't get is WHY they don't want to use Warlock yet still use Thanos.
Feige said something recently about dropping hints about A2 within each of the solo movies, but not doing overt A2 hype that would take away from the individual stories. That's what led me to think about the death of the tag scene in favor of "exclusive look" trailers post-credits to show what the next solo movie will be.

Still, you're right--the phase 2 movies need to be tied together. If we assume Thanos is the big bad, I think there's a way to go about that that doesn't involve after-credit scenes. There's the rumored [BLACKOUT]space scene[/BLACKOUT] at the end of IM3 that could provide a starting point for the connections. In Thor, Thanos could be brought up as part of the plot with Loki. CA:TWS is harder to tie in. Maybe some mention of a coming threat from SHIELD? Or that perhaps [BLACKOUT]Stark has gone missing after chasing the space signal[/BLACKOUT]? Finally, GotG actually does the heavy lifting in the Avengers tie-in by introducing Thanos directly as part of their story. What happens at the end would be a natural segway to A2.

It could work. Not saying that's my preference (I love the after-credits scenes), but it could work.

I agree with Surfer, I think This Phase of Marvel movies are going to have to try and keep drumming up hype for GotG (and possibly even Ant-Man) since those will be the characters the general audience havent already seen multiple times.

how early did the leak of Avengers post credits scene happened?
So far we have rumors about IM3 end credits, but stuff like post credits scene are the first to leak...

in april???

well actually, there was a guy on here who claimed he was an "insider" and said thanos is in some aspect of the movie, 5 months prior, and he uploaded a really really grainy blurry of "the prosthetic" used...everyone here wrote him off as full of it, trolling, making stuff up, and it turned out he was right.

so, if we wanna look at it like that, I suppose anything a few months in advance is fair game

in april???

well actually, there was a guy on here who claimed he was an "insider" and said thanos is in some aspect of the movie, 5 months prior, and he uploaded a really really grainy blurry of "the prosthetic" used...everyone here wrote him off as full of it, trolling, making stuff up, and it turned out he was right.

so, if we wanna look at it like that, I suppose anything a few months in advance is fair game

Well we are getting close to IM3 international release and i was hoping we would get some minor info regarding any footage of Thor 2

I wonder if post credit scene for Thor would have Cap in it maybe Thor warning Cap/ Shield about someone stealing ig or the guardians ? Didnt Chris Evans say he wanted to be involved with TDW last year ?

What I don't get is WHY they don't want to use Warlock yet still use Thanos.
Where have they specifically said they don't want to use Warlock? I'd be pretty surprised if the plot doesn't involve Warlock honestly.

I wonder if post credit scene for Thor would have Cap in it maybe Thor warning Cap/ Shield about someone stealing ig or the guardians ? Didnt Chris Evans say he wanted to be involved with TDW last year ?
He did but ended saying that Marvel may not go for that since it could possibly count as one of his 6 movies he signed on for.

Where have they specifically said they don't want to use Warlock? I'd be pretty surprised if the plot doesn't involve Warlock honestly.

I'm sure they'll use Nova and Warlock, almost seems stupid not to. Might be one of those things they want to try and keep secretive, but I assume they'd have to be there in at least some role like both come in as back up for the GotG guys vs Thanos or what have you.

It's been awhile but I heard somewhere (don't remember the where) that they didn't want to use him. I could be wrong because I haven't been in the GotG threads in a long while. Tho I can see using him over Mar-Vell since the two are so close to being the same and having Thanos as a bad guy

He did but ended saying that Marvel may not go for that since it could possibly count as one of his 6 movies he signed on for.
Haha, could be the reason Evans would want to be in Thor: TDW--to get out of his long ass contract earlier rather than later. =P

I doubt they would count that. They were most likely thinking a CA trilogy and an Avengers trilogy.

Well as cherokeesam said, Iron Man 3 is rumored to be setting up Guardians of the Galaxy instead of Thor The Dark World and if so it will be exciting audiences for a film with no previous real exposure. Also, what if Marvel felt (given the Avengers success) the 3 stand alone characters coming from that movie did not require tie in's to excite the audience about their sequels, but Guardians of the Galaxy does. So, what if all second phase Marvel properties somehow connect with Guardians of the Galaxy through either their mid credit or after credit scenes. It would be a great way to hype a movie with much less known characters. I mean the stories don't necessarilly need to connect directly. For example with Captain America there could be just a night time scene after he and his fellow hero's have saved the lives of countless people and it seems the movie is coming to an end, when the camera slowly starts changing focus from the group of hero's towards the sky where we see many stars lit up and maybe what appears to be a comet flying through the night sky. End Movie, then mid credits is showing the camera following the comet through space until it all of a sudden is obliterated by a blast from an oncoming starship. Then the camera is inside the cabin and has a brief cameo of the Guardians Galaxy characters with Rocket Racoon saying something appropriate and funny. Thor is already a space epic for the most part so it really should be quite simple to tie it to Guardian's of the Galaxy. So, that is how I see it, because despite Guardian's of the Galaxy being an exciting project for many fan's it is the Marvel Movie with the least known characters, so linking all of the movies to it as well as perhaps playing on the idea of Thanos being important to the story would be a good way to help get people that are unfamiliar with these characters into the theater. So, once again just a thought, but it would also help with not having trailers interfere with the subject matter of the after credit sequences of these movies.

Surfer

These were my thoughts as well. GotG is a big gamble and they really need to tie that movie in with the Marvel Universe to bring in the GA.

Prelude Comic!

6sfOCWq.jpg

• An all-new adventure leading you directly into the upcoming Marvel Studios blockbuster Thor: The Dark World

• What happened to your favorite Asgardians between the events of Thor and The Avengers? What comes next? Find out here!

• Thor! Loki! Odin! Heimdall! Jane Foster! Sif! The Warriors Three! All this, brought to you by the powerhouse creative team of writers Craig Kyle (Thor: The Dark World executive producer) and Christopher Yost (Thor: The Dark World co-writer) and artist Scot Eaton (Captain America)!

will have to wait till June ^
hopefully a trailer next month can keep my interest peaked till June

Awesome I will definitely be picking up the comic!

^ yes I forgot! a trailer in less than a month

Semi-off-topic here, but while we're in a lull waiting on a good dose of news to come our way:

is anyone else watching the new "Vikings" series on History Channel? I'm diggin' it so far. They've got a very different "Loki" in it who's about the polar opposite of Hiddie's version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"