Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMFAO at those back-to-back Doc Rivers animated gif's .....

exactly, the opening of the avengers is when Loki shows some of his skills, but the rest of the movie he is really underused

I would like to see him do more magical stuff than illusions and mind control. Some shape shifting, flying and energy projection would be cool.

I would like to see him do more magical stuff than illusions and mind control. Some shape shifting, flying and energy projection would be cool.

He did little energy projection attack during the frost giant fight in the first movie. I just really hope he gets to use more of his magical prowess

I don't see him suddenly being able to fly since he hasn't had that power so far, and any "shapeshifting" he does will probably be just more illusions.

maybe he was bored in his jail cell and practiced some magic, haha

Just remembered that this movie will be the first one to where Paramount won't have its title attached to the trailers or film. Do you guys think the Disney title graphic will appear in its stead, or will it just be Marvel's? Either way, it'll be interesting to see it that way before Iron Man 3 in theaters.
I hope we see the Disney logo. If we have to see the Paramount logo before every phase 1 movie, I want to see that castle before all of the phase 2 movies (except Iron Man 3)

exactly, the opening of the avengers is when Loki shows some of his skills, but the rest of the movie he is really underused

He did little energy projection attack during the frost giant fight in the first movie. I just really hope he gets to use more of his magical prowess

don't think he even did that. The avengers movie made him seem inferior to Ironman which shouldnt be the case.

Yeah, it probably means the whole threat (Malekith, dark elves and Kurse) is more than Thor can handle.

Can't wait for the trailer anyway!

Now that is something I can deal with, that would make a heck of a lot more sense.

I think the viewer assumes that Malekith is out of the league, because Thor is tired and beaten.
i think Kurse has something to do with it rather than Malekith

I sure hope so, it would be crazy for Thor to be facing two villains out of his league.

Malekith definitely won't, on his own, outclass Thor. There has to be something more to it.

Not to bring the Infinity Gauntlet into this but... maybe he's using the power gem. Isn't it the red one?

Yeah there has to be, I would like to see Malekith use some kind of power enhancing too to match up with Thor.

People make Grown Ups hits and other movies hit here like Twilight and other films. So safe to assume reasonable processing of thought may not be in full capability and capacity, reason of Tron bombing so badly was dumb choice of color scheme. Peoples reject thiese things... REmember overall audience intelligent ok but most can also be judgemental and confuze over what may appear to be simple but really big thing deals ok. Try to get. Try to know. Cater to audience. Now using similar or same color palettes does not whet appetite, Blue with Blue on Tron happened and it was rejected, very same reason for Captain America costume made so much fun of in Avenger despite movie being hit. Members in viewing public DISCERN that this is copy or poor inspiration from other prior work without any CREDITING of prior film work (Tron should have credit to Avatar, Avenger should have credit to AVatar simple, then audience will appreciate more).

Jose (or Jorge as known in inner circles) Kosinski now wise with Oblivion. Choose BIG BIG STAR in terms of Tom Cruise, immediately distinguishes film, and WHITE color palate... no stupid blue copying or neon dark blue. He makes film look so visually unique, Beautiful desolation as he say, everything WHITE, CRYSTAL, NEW FRESH against desolate backdrop... Something that CATCHES EYE in audience EYE that makes one go to see film. FRESH new LOOK that's absolutely key.

Now why introduce character that has EXACT same costume even with some of you as you say horse face (he's not a horse, he's an alien... why would they have Horse in Thor costume and make up, SHEESH). IT will so so silly to see Thor with unique viking like red cape costume and horse-man Beta Ray bill WITH EXACT Same costume fighting alongside. No fun, no uniqueness, just double role... stupid and CONFUSING (Multiplicity with 8 Michael Keaton, why no one watch? Stupid cuz all the same actor walking all around, NEED FRESHNESS, You HAVE to put in time to develop NEW LOOK, not have same actor or same looking going around).

This is clear cut case if they introduce Horse Ray Bill that people WILL EASILY confuse. Red capes both flying around with long distance CGI shots, who is hitting who? Which one is hitting on Malakeith? Can't make out unless you clearly see up close which is stupid then you can't see action shot of hammer striking Dark Elves or Malakeith. Why even introduce characters that look the same

Reason for EXACT same dumb idea of putting in BIzarro into Superman, No one want to see this as one wants to see FRESH NEW LOOKING DIFFERENT characters... not just same, it's copying, and totally confusing. Audiences will confuse both and just reject outright...
You're a miracle of evolution. You should be very proud.

I don't see him suddenly being able to fly since he hasn't had that power so far, and any "shapeshifting" he does will probably be just more illusions.

I'm actually not so sure. IIRC, he had armor in several scenes after arriving that he didn't have on his arrival, and changed his overall outfit several times. I actually think he probably *was* physically changing what he was wearing.

As excited as I am for IM3, The Prospect of Thor 2 Trailer sometime in the next couple months has me even more hype! Hopefully with IM3!!!! :D

As excited as I am for IM3, The Prospect of Thor 2 Trailer sometime in the next couple months has me even more hype! Hopefully with IM3!!!! :D

trailer is confirmed for next couple of weeks, specifically April 23...
sorta confirmed by twitter but i am betting on it since that week is IM3 international release

Forget the Man of Iron! Hail the one who wields the Hammer! :thor:

Have there been any set pics/concept art/anything for Malekith?

Have there been any set pics/concept art/anything for Malekith?

Thor-The-Dark-World-1.jpg

Thor-The-Dark-World-4.jpg

I'm still curious what they're doing with the tracking dots around his eyes. We should know in less than two weeks though. :awesome:

Apparently, the trailer for "Thor: The Dark World" was viewed not too long ago at one of Marvel's conventions in Mexico.

Here's the report.

So here's the deal, Nigel Cook gave a conference about the MCU today at the Disney Consumer Show 2013 in Mexico City. He talked about Iron Man 3 and show the same Iron man 3 trailer we all have seen many times. Then he start talking about Thor: the Dark World, he then smiled and said: " Here's the trailer". Now, the people who claim to have seen the trailer gives a very vague and brief description but gives detail of some scenes that will appear in the trailer, also they say that it doesnt look anything like the set photos we've been seen before and that it looks AWESOME.

It starts with a voiceover, is Thor, you see some scenes of a big battle and then Jane Foster and other humans running scared cause something is "coming". Thor says: "I promised I would return for you" as we see Thor arriving Earth to take Jane to Asgard.

Apparently the fight scenes are pretty awesome, and the trailer show that Thor is out of Malekith's league, in fact we can see a very damaged and tired God of Thunder. And since he's no match for the Dark Elve, the mighty Avenger will have to search for help. This lead us to a scene where we see a big crystal prision and there's someone sit on the ground. It's Loki.
Thor says: I need your help, but if you betray me…I will kill you. Loki smiles and answers: What do I have to do?

Then we see another scene of Thor figthing Malekith while Jane is watching. Malekith looks threatening. Jane looks terrified. Thor looks overwhelmed. Malekith stares at Jane and Thor yells: NOOOOO!

I hope we see the Disney logo. If we have to see the Paramount logo before every phase 1 movie, I want to see that castle before all of the phase 2 movies (except Iron Man 3)
I can see them using the Disney logo but without the traditional music that goes with it. I can see it going like IM2, where the sound from the movie plays over the opening logos.

Do you guys think we'll see the "Thor: The Dark World" title in the beginning (like IM, TIH, IM2, and Avengers) or end (like Thor, CA:TFA, the TDK trilogy) of the movie? I think it will be in the beginning, since it would probably make less sense to be at the end, story-wise.

I remember when the Avengers logo appeared after the opening sequence the whole theater went CRAZY!

I remember when the Avengers logo appeared after the opening sequence the whole theater went CRAZY!
Yeah, I'm so glad they cut straight to that logo after Coulson says, "What do we do?" instead of including Fury's horrible line from the trailer, "We get ready."

My guess is they'll also have an opening sequence before they put up the "Thor: The Dark World" logo.

Apparently, the trailer for "Thor: The Dark World" was viewed not too long ago at one of Marvel's conventions in Mexico.

Here's the report.

So here's the deal, Nigel Cook gave a conference about the MCU today at the Disney Consumer Show 2013 in Mexico City. He talked about Iron Man 3 and show the same Iron man 3 trailer we all have seen many times. Then he start talking about Thor: the Dark World, he then smiled and said: " Here's the trailer". Now, the people who claim to have seen the trailer gives a very vague and brief description but gives detail of some scenes that will appear in the trailer, also they say that it doesnt look anything like the set photos we've been seen before and that it looks AWESOME.

It starts with a voiceover, is Thor, you see some scenes of a big battle and then Jane Foster and other humans running scared cause something is "coming". Thor says: "I promised I would return for you" as we see Thor arriving Earth to take Jane to Asgard.

Apparently the fight scenes are pretty awesome, and the trailer show that Thor is out of Malekith's league, in fact we can see a very damaged and tired God of Thunder. And since he's no match for the Dark Elve, the mighty Avenger will have to search for help. This lead us to a scene where we see a big crystal prision and there's someone sit on the ground. It's Loki.
Thor says: I need your help, but if you betray me…I will kill you. Loki smiles and answers: What do I have to do?

Then we see another scene of Thor figthing Malekith while Jane is watching. Malekith looks threatening. Jane looks terrified. Thor looks overwhelmed. Malekith stares at Jane and Thor yells: NOOOOO!

Thor threatening to Kill Loki. That's interesting, that's more like the Thor I know.

Funny thing is, Loki probably will betray thor anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"