Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Fiege on the whether or not Phase 2 is gonna be more "cosmic"

“I wouldn’t say that in a broad sense. The Thor film and the Guardians Of The Galaxy film certainly are cosmic. Guardians and Thor will take the brunt of the cosmic side of the universe, particularly Guardians, which is 95% in space."

Thank goodness, I don't want too much space.

Lightsaber vs Mystical uru hammer. Fight of the century. :3
century? maybe it's already happened...Asgardians are THOUSANDS of years old and Star wars took place in the past lol

century? maybe it's already happened...Asgardians are THOUSANDS of years old and Star wars took place in the past lol

In the past? With interstellar travel, alien planets, and laser weapons?

In the past? With interstellar travel, alien planets, and laser weapons?

yeah, why not? Past is only relative for us. The universe is way older than us, star wars coulda taken place 3,000 years ago, and the civilizations in those movies at the time, coulda been 4,000 years old

How does one post on a nerd-related forum and not know the intro to Star Wars???

I mean, come on </jimmy voice>

I've never really been into to Star Wars all that much, just like I've never been into LOTR.

*shrugs* It happens

Last edited:
Well, not being into it I can see, that's fine..
but even my girlfriend knows the intro to Star Wars.. and she loathes Star Wars

but anyway, s'all good, just bustin' your balls, guy :woot:

Btw; does anyone know which company is taking care of the visual effects for this film? I really hope it isn't the same one that did the first Thor film since some of the effects that were in the film, weren't really that great in my honest opinion, in particular, the tornado scene with Thor and the Destroyer.

Btw; does anyone know which company is taking care of the visual effects for this film? I really hope it isn't the same one that did the first Thor film since some of the effects that were in the film, weren't really that great in my honest opinion, in particular, the tornado scene with Thor and the Destroyer.

Most films employ more than one effect house because they have so much work to be done. Disney now owns ILM so it's probably safe to assume that they will be doing a lot of work on Marvel's films from here on out.

Most films employ more than one effect house because they have so much work to be done. Disney now owns ILM so it's probably safe to assume that they will be doing a lot of work on Marvel's films from here on out.

Oh Thank God. I really do hope so.

And I really hope that the trailer that they release for this film blows us all away like the stuff that we've gotten for Iron man 3.

Earlier this week we saw the theatrical trailer from Iron Man 3, and if you’re wondering when we will see a trailer from Thor: The Dark World, since it’s about time, well it’s not too far from now. We are delighted to report that Marvel plans to release the first trailer, presumably a teaser, on April 2nd online, the trailer will eventually be attached to the prints of Iron Man 3. So make sure to head back here to be the first to catch the upcoming release of the trailer. Thor: The Dark World opens in theaters across Lebanon on November 7 starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins, Idris Elba and Christopher Eccleston.

http://emileeid.com/2013/03/06/excl...-the-dark-world-to-debut-first-week-of-april/

The wait is going to be torture, but I hope it's all worth it. :thor:

T"Challa;25334591 said:

tumblr_inline_mizy9v56RK1rd53bc.gif

Nice to get some Thor news since it's been pretty quiet since they've wrapped.

It makes sense. It fits right in line with Marvel Studios timeframes for trailers. A first teaser is released about 7 months prior to the release date, and a final theatrical trailer about 2 months before.

And remember the redesigned Phase 1 box set is being released on that same date as well. A brand new trailer release will do well for hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"