Thor 2 news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvel can't risk any of their characters having poor showings. They don't want to alienate fans and they do want to bring new fans on board.

The only way to do this is make every character awesome, in their own way.
Well if that spoiler info at that other web site is accurate (and I hope it is), then I think josh definitely will treat Thor very very well!!!!

Well if that spoiler info at that other web site is accurate (and I hope it is), then I think josh definitely will treat Thor very very well!!!!

Yeah Thor had a pretty cool feat of strength, here's to hoping for a few more on an even larger scale later in the film. :woot:

:thor: :thor: :thor:

I was disappointed that the Frost Giants weren't huge in Thor. Recently I found out that in actuality the Ice Giants who live in Nifelheim(Home to Hel) are the ones that are supposed to be gigantic. Frost Giants are normally insanely tall and vary in size.

Seeing that enormous Leviathan in the Avengers trailer has got me excited about Thor going to Nifelheim in the sequel and facing off against the true giants. Marvel can undoubtedly do it with Disney's money backing them up.

I was disappointed that the Frost Giants weren't huge in Thor. Recently I found out that in actuality the Ice Giants who live in Nifelheim(Home to Hel) are the ones that are supposed to be gigantic. Frost Giants are normally insanely tall and vary in size.

Seeing that enormous Leviathan in the Avengers trailer has got me excited about Thor going to Nifelheim in the sequel and facing off against the true giants. Marvel can undoubtedly do it with Disney's money backing them up.

I didn't mind the Frost Giants being 10 ft tall in THOR because what they lacked in gigantic size they made up for in numbers, plus there was that huge beats Thor flew into a the end of the battle.

I agree with you on wanting to see Thor fight Ice Giants at some point in this franchise, I also want to see him battle fire demons, rock trolls, and storm giants as well.

I didn't mind the Frost Giants being 10 ft tall in THOR because what they lacked in gigantic size they made up for in numbers, plus there was that huge beats Thor flew into a the end of the battle.

I agree with you on wanting to see Thor fight Ice Giants at some point in this franchise, I also want to see him battle fire demons, rock trolls, and storm giants as well.

I hope Surtur is at least hinted at in Thor 2 so he can take center stage in Thor 3.

I hope Surtur is at least hinted at in Thor 2 so he can take center stage in Thor 3.

Same here, as a matter of fact I would like for Surtur to be shown in Muspelheim saying a few threatening words at the end of Thor II.

I definately want to see him as the main villain in Thor III, maybe he and Odin could both perish after a HUGE battle leaving Thor as the King of Asgard.

Same here, as a matter of fact I would like for Surtur to be shown in Muspelheim saying a few threatening words at the end of Thor II.

I definately want to see him as the main villain in Thor III, maybe he and Odin could both perish after a HUGE battle leaving Thor as the King of Asgard.

Odin Vs. Surtur would be EPIC incarnate, but who would Thor battle? Malekith perhaps?

Odin Vs. Surtur would be EPIC incarnate, but who would Thor battle? Malekith perhaps?

I could see Thor battling Malekith or Kurse, maybe he can battle Kurse who's being manipulated by Malekith.

Marvel can't risk any of their characters having poor showings. They don't want to alienate fans and they do want to bring new fans on board.

The only way to do this is make every character awesome, in their own way.

Agreed. With Thor I expect to see what we sometimes see in the comics where he holds back a bit around mortals and maybe takes a bit of a beating at times, but keeps shaking it off.

That works pretty well in A:EMH quite a bit of the time.

It's a thin line with Thor because you don't just want him dominating everybody, but you don't want him to look weak either. So, I expect he'll underestimate the "mortals" a bit at first, but grow to respect them over the course of the movie.

Why not Surtur? HAve Odin (For Asgard), Thor (For Midgard) and Loki (For Myself)

You know, I never thought of a team-up but it would be spectacular to see. Good idea!

thor_1985_353_11.jpg

Why not Surtur? HAve Odin (For Asgard), Thor (For Midgard) and Loki (For Myself)

I'd rather see Odin face Surtur himself, why should the All Father need help against his mortal enemy?

Agreed. With Thor I expect to see what we sometimes see in the comics where he holds back a bit around mortals and maybe takes a bit of a beating at times, but keeps shaking it off.

That works pretty well in A:EMH quite a bit of the time.

It's a thin line with Thor because you don't just want him dominating everybody, but you don't want him to look weak either. So, I expect he'll underestimate the "mortals" a bit at first, but grow to respect them over the course of the movie.

While I think Thor's overall power level in EMH was prefect, I didn't like him being a "punching bag" and he didn't really seem like a skilled fighter at all.

Last edited:
While I think Thor's overall power level in EMH was prefect, I didn't like him being a "punching bag" and he didn't really seem like a skilled fighter at all.

True, he does come across as a bit too much of an oaf at times in the cartoon (like he does occasionally in the comics).

Not too concerned about that in the movie, with the choreographed fight sequences and all.

I think we might see Thor take a bit of a beating at times, but with the idea that nothing really fazes him. I'd like to see him really power up at some point, though.

True, he does come across as a bit too much of an oaf at times in the cartoon (like he does occasionally in the comics).

Not too concerned about that in the movie, with the choreographed fight sequences and all.

I think we might see Thor take a bit of a beating at times, but with the idea that nothing really fazes him. I'd like to see him really power up at some point, though.

Yep he was being knocked around by blows that a warrior of his caliber should easily counter and while he's much more skilled in the MCU I do want to see him pull off some "oh sh**" power displays like he does in MCU.

Something of the same caliber as deflecting that huge laser from Kang's mothership in A:EMH would be perfect.

Yes indeed! I cant wait! hehe. I'm glad the same cast is returning too.

Yeah, it seems the filming will take place there for the most part.

Can't for some news about the villains!

It kinda makes me worried, cause there's no real news about IM3.

If filming is taking place in the UK then it's likely that Svartalfheim/Faerie will be one of the worlds involved. In the comics the main nexus between that realm and Midgard lies in the Cotswolds. It would also make sense that some Dark Elves would favor London over the countryside. The closer they are to the seat of human power the more strings they can pull.

^Nice to hear some movement on the sequel, I think out of all the MCU movies after The Avengers I am looking forward to this one the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"