Thor 2 news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don't know any at all. I'm sure a quick Google search will pull up some info though. By all means post if you've found anything.

I'm wondering where Marvel Studios will shoot Thor 2 at. It seems like MS' contract with Raleigh Manhattan Beach Studios is null and void, as Captain America, The Avengers and now Iron Man 3 aren't being shot in California at all.

If Marvel likes what they see with IM3, I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman in Wilmington next year if MS decides to shoot Thor 2 in North Carolina too. But I expect them to return to New Mexico.

I'm going to make a prediction and say they'll choose Wilmington, North Carolina. I think with Thor 2 the question will be what setting it will be placed in. I'd think after Thor and the Avengers they might want to give Earth a rest for now when it comes to Asgardian affairs.

Man, to have IM3 and Thor 2 in my state... I'd be in Heaven. My dad has a place near Wilmington so I'd be all set for the extras work.

I'm going to make a prediction and say they'll choose Wilmington, North Carolina. I think with Thor 2 the question will be what setting it will be placed in. I'd think after Thor and the Avengers they might want to give Earth a rest for now when it comes to Asgardian affairs.

Too much Asgard would be problem. I want at least one movie with Thor as an established super-hero on Earth.

Man, to have IM3 and Thor 2 in my state... I'd be in Heaven. My dad has a place near Wilmington so I'd be all set for the extras work.

I'm out here near Winston Salem man. I'll be trying to get in on that extra action as well. :woot:

#GeekHeaven

Too much Asgard would be problem. I want at least one movie with Thor as an established super-hero on Earth.
Might be cool if they kinda-sorta adapted the "Spiral" arc from Jurgens' run and have that cabal of business leaders be the villains. Only instead of trying to run Thor off their planet, make them interested in harnessing his power or something.

Or they could do one of the thousand "Asgardian stuff invades Earth" stories. Basically, just as long as Thor isn't stuck fighting the likes of the Credit Card Soldiers, I'd be down with an Earth-centric movie.

I'm hoping they explore some new realms in the sequel. Jotunheim was cool, plus Asgard and Midgard, but there are nine realms and this is the only movie we'll get to see them in. Personally I'm hoping for Niflheim or Muspelheim, I think they have the most potential over the others.

Its been said from Marvel studios that they will explore the other realms. :) Not sure which ones. I guess three and another three in thor3.

Yeah, I suspect that the majority of Thor 2 will be shot on a soundstage with lots of greenscreen CGI. There probably won't be much in the way of location shoots set on Earth, except for scenes featuring Jane finding her way to Asgard. Otherwise, I expect the next film will be entirely in the realm of fantasy/science fantasy.

Maybe in Thor 2 they could discover some threat to Earth that requires them to journey to one or more of the other six realms (aside from Midgard, Asgard, and Jotunheim, obvs), then they return to Earth for the final battle or whatever.

We need to see Surtur and the Fire Giants in the sequel. Or maybe they can deal with the remains of the Frost Giants who have summoned Ymir.

I want to see Fire Giants either way though.

Maybe he could be established as an Earth hero at the beginning of Thor 3, then he could be called to Asgard to help prevent Surtur (and possibly Ymir) from bring about Ragnarok.

Maybe he could be established as an Earth hero at the beginning of Thor 3, then he could be called to Asgard to help prevent Surtur (and possibly Ymir) from bring about Ragnarok.

You focus on Asgard and the nine realms and you miss the point of Thor entirely though. Marvel have this problem as well. Thor was meant to be a god as super-hero in the modern world and he's been relegated to god as god doing godly things in other realms against mythical opponants in a time lost viking culture.

Thor is the god of protection of mankind and son of the Earth so I don't get why people want him to stay in Asgard all the time. Thor is the character who will always choose Earth above Asgard or plop down Asgard on Earth to have his cake and eat it :p

Maybe it's because of my leanings towards loving Science Fiction and Fantasy, a thing that Thor combines pretty well, but I wouldn't mind not being on Earth for extended periods of time. I mean there are other realms and sentient beings to visit and discover! Maybe Thor could give Jane a tour of the universe and here we find out just how dangerous a mortal loving an Asgardian is.

You focus on Asgard and the nine realms and you miss the point of Thor entirely though. Marvel have this problem as well. Thor was meant to be a god as super-hero in the modern world and he's been relegated to god as god doing godly things in other realms against mythical opponants in a time lost viking culture.

Thor is the god of protection of mankind and son of the Earth so I don't get why people want him to stay in Asgard all the time. Thor is the character who will always choose Earth above Asgard or plop down Asgard on Earth to have his cake and eat it :p

That's all good and fine in the comics, but him staying on earth and not exploring the 9 realms on film would be a HUGE missed opportunity

Asgard and the nine realms is what makes Thor stands out, him just being an earth superhero would be take away a big part of his "uniqueness".

That's all good and fine in the comics, but him staying on earth and not exploring the 9 realms on film would be a HUGE missed opportunity

Asgard and the nine realms is what makes Thor stands out, him just being an earth superhero would be take away a big part of his "uniqueness".

Agreed. I keep picturing all the different locations in the LOTR trilogy.

I would like Thor to be an established Earth hero, but I would like to see some of the other realms explored as well. Personally, I thought the first film had a pretty decent mix of the two.

I would like Thor to be an established Earth hero, but I would like to see some of the other realms explored as well. Personally, I thought the first film had a pretty decent mix of the two.

I could see Thor 3 being similar to the first film in that sense, because Thor 2 is sounding like it's going to be set in the Asgardian realms the whole film.

The only opportunity I can see it missing would be the chance for visual spectacle and I'd rather they focus on the story. I don't want them to fabricate a story to go around the realms just so they can get those visuals.

I'm not arguing that the nine realms aren't a good part of Thor's story but I'd rather set up a recognisable status quo first. Its not like Thor is about adventuring through the cosmos every month. That said, Marvel have messed with it so much its hard to pin down. With the movie getting rid of the whole Dr Blake aspect its hard to see how Thor now fits in. It will take some thinking to adapt it. Its also hard to believe he could use Blake as its set up as Jane's ex so his secret ID would have to be Jake or Sigurd. And, if they went to a third it would seem like Thor will have to become King to complete that character journey anyway.

Well I guess it's different strokes for different folks, because I'm glad their going to the Asgard/Nine realms route in Thor 2.

Well given that we'll see Thor primarily in Earth in "The Avengers", I'm hoping that they use that event as a way of establishing Thor as a Earth hero to the populace.

But yeah, I'd like to see the rest of the nine realms in Thor 2 to get a better feel on how Thor's actions could have a larger impact than what was shown in Thor 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"