Thor 2: Rotten Tomato Watch

My god they are tearing this apart.
It`s fun to watch! Some criticism is strange but most is spot on! So much time spend on earth and it`s useless characters that main character and villains are just left on sidewalk looking sadly on the the show before them. Worst part here: audience loving it and will bring their money, so, probably marvel will not change anything in third part.

My god they are tearing this apart.

Loki_prison.png

"YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, RT!"

Yikes...67%.

I had a couple of issues with the film, but 67%? This is on it's way to being the most poorly rated MCU films yet...

I think critics are just getting tired of the formula. This is going to be a trend. But I dont think audiences care.

I haven't seen the movie yet, not until next week, so I can't judge. I'm surprised of how it went from 89 to 66 in a couple of days.

If TDW ends up in the 50's, it'll be interesting to see what kind of Marvel/DC pinch fights start up in the message boards.

Eh there will always be that. I dont put any stock in these critics ratings anyway not after MOS. It wasnt a perfect movie but to be in the 50% range with critics was a joke. Critics are getting burnt on these films thats what it boils down to. It happens to all niche movies like this. They are rolling these off the assembly line and fans love them. At the same time when they do something different like MOS the critics ***** as well. Marvel kinda reminds me of KISS:) Not the best band by any means but they know what the fans want:)

I'm fine with critics, sometimes I agree with them and sometimes not it's not a big deal. I don't know what to think about the reviews because I didn't understand why the first film was well liked. Maybe this means I will love this movie? I'll try and figure out this weekend. My favorite Marvel studios Marvel film is Captain America so my opinions don't really line up with the critics when it comes to these films.

Last edited:
There's no way this is the worst MCU film.

There must be superhero movie fatigue among critics.

I think thats alot of it. Swap IM3 with Thor the dark world in release dates and I think you get in the 60 percent for IM3 and in the high 70s for Thor. BTW what do you think is the worst MCU movie?

Maybe, although I am surprised the first Thor movies is higher than this. The first Thor movie was so average IMO. This movie looks better than the first Thor movie, well I will find out soon.

Or simply this particular film was more miss than hit with them. I think The Avengers success was kind of a gift and a curse. The solo films have to work doubly hard to match the bar set by that film. Which is a thankless task in some respects.

TIH has a 67% with 218 reviews while The Dark World has 66% with 158 reviews. It could still hit 70% if most of the reviews coming in are even mildly positive.

Just to note... RT has removed the "certified fresh" badge from the film. Apparently, they also think things are looking grim.

Just to note... RT has removed the "certified fresh" badge from the film. Apparently, they also think things are looking grim.

When a movie drops below 70%, they remove the badge. I think that is their policy.

It has about 90 reviews to go, no more than 20 of those can be negative for it to hit 70% again.

It has about 90 reviews to go, no more than 20 of those can be negative for it to hit 70% again.
What is your gut feeling? Do you think it's going to stay in the 60's, hit 70% or fall into the 50's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"