THOR 5

HammerDown

“Do not, my friends, become addicted to water...“
Reaction score
thor-another.gif

From what we saw in TLT these are some of the seeds for Thor 5:
- Thor has an adopted daughter, a super powered child of Eternity...
- Thor is back to wielding Mjolnir while the girl uses Stormbreaker
- Zeus is one of the villains and tasks Hercules of hunting down Thor.
- Valkyrie rules new Asgard with Miek as a secretary and Sif in charge of the military.
- Valhalla with Heimdal and Mighty Thor.
A few things that I would like to see:

- Give us BRB! And eventually pass Stormbreaker down to him.
- Introduction of Ares since the Olympians are likely going to play a big role.
- I’m sure they will have another villain other than the one mentioned above. Jormungandr/The Midgard Serpent would be super cool.
- Bring back Loki.

From what we saw in TLT these are some of the seeds for Thor 5:
- Thor has an adopted daughter, a super powered child of Eternity...
- Thor is back to wielding Mjolnir while the girl uses Stormbreaker
- Zeus is one of the villains and tasks Hercules of hunting down Thor.
- Valkyrie rules new Asgard with Miek as a secretary and Sif in charge of the military.
- Valhalla with Heimdal and Mighty Thor.
A few things that I would like to see:

- Give us BRB! And eventually pass Stormbreaker down to him.
- Introduction of Ares since the Olympians are likely going to play a big role.
- I’m sure they will have another villain other than the one mentioned above. Jormungandr/The Midgard Serpent would be super cool.
- Bring back Loki.
Beyond time for BRB now!
Having Ares
and Hercules
running around would be great.
Bringing back Loki could be an option, Hulk too lol.

Herc and Thor as like a frat comedy sounds like so much fun. Not sure who the villain could be but done right it could be It’s always sunny in Philadelphia with superheroes

Taika Waititi should also return as director.

Surely if that would be the plot, the title should be
Thor: Whom The Gods Would Destroy
thor-1261.jpg
I'm not opposed to this. I would probably just call it "Whom Gods Destroy" to make it a little less cumbersome.

Here's my take. If Taika Watiti and Chris Hemsworth want to do another Thor movie, they absolutely should and Hercules should be in it. Whether Hercules, Zeus, or Pluto/Hades is the ultimate villain is up to them as far as creative direction goes, but it at least should start that way. However, if Taika Watiti doesn't want to do another movie, that's fine. This was a good ending for Thor as well.

As for Beta Ray Bill, I like Jamie Alexander's idea of a Sif series. I'm not sure if it'll happen but, if it does, that's the best place for Beta Ray Bill rather than shoehorning him into a movie where he doesn't fit.

Hercules having a large role in the film will make for a good foil for Thor as an equally jockish god and will most undoubtedly give us a lot of cool strength feats.

Yeah he should tone it down to about Ragnarok's style of jokes.

I really hope we get Thor 5 and I want Taika to complete his trilogy. Having said that I also think he should dial down certain stuff and go back to the drawing board, smoothing out the edges of his storytelling as he once did.

I know what type of director he is and I’ve enjoyed most of his films, specially those where he can strike a good balance between serious and fun/funny stuff. My biggest complaint about TLT was that he did not smooth out the edges and so it had a very sharp contrast between tones, also he needs to really think through how he wants to tell the story, what people want, what’s expected and what’s too much the other direction… Crucially the dramatic and humorous beats need to be planned out better and serve a well structured story instead. Resist you worst impulses and work harder on the cohesiveness of the tone.

Not everyone needs to be funny, not everything needs to be a joke and mind you I’ve laughed at plenty, but things need to be balanced out… Taika has a lot of qualities as a filmmaker, he just needs to go back to basics and dial down his worst instincts. Focus on the story and don’t treat every interaction as a well of improvisation because then the film easily loses its identity.

He can do and has done better. Just needs to go back to basics, less is more.

Last edited:
Hercules having a large role in the film will make for a good foil for Thor as an equally jockish god and will most undoubtedly give us a lot of cool strength feats.
Hercules would fit this kind of humour better and yeah, would be great to see them go up against each other.

That’s what I’m hoping for if she’s up for more.

I think the post-credits scene exists in part as a way of leaving the door open for her to return at some point, letting us know that her spirit lives on. We already saw in Moon Knight that its possible to return from the afterlife.

I think the post-credits scene exists in part as a way of leaving the door open for her to return at some point, letting us know that her spirit lives on. We already saw in Moon Knight that its possible to return from the afterlife.
They could also do it in a way like the comics if she was up for it down the line.

They could also do it in a way like the comics if she was up for it down the line.

I'd love to see Jane become a Valkyrie in the MCU. Her and Val working together would be dynamite. And they could introduce Mr Horse as well!

I'd love to see Jane become a Valkyrie in the MCU. Her and Val working together would be dynamite. And they could introduce Mr Horse as well!
All of those need to happen! Could lead to a great spin off too. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"