THOR 5

Wishing so much that Taika returns and goes full Waititi again!

The only joke I maybe thought felt out of place was
the god of Dumplings
But that's about it.

Love his style, Ragnarok and L&T are definitely two of my favorite MCU movies.

Can't wait to see him finish his Thor trilogy!

So, based on what we know, hear me out:

Jason Mantzoukas as Ares

tumblr_o45glhQTNJ1r2kn3co1_500.gif

Oh I like that, plus I'm a big Brooklyn Nine Nine fan.
herculesares15.jpg

^^^ It's so easy to read his scenes w/Mantzoukas' voice. Get the guy the Marvel Makeover treatment, and his manic, unhinged energy is perfect. Plus, you can't really ask for a more Greek actor in Hollywood today.

Ares would be a great villain, not just for obvious foreshadowing reasons, but because he fits perfectly w/the tone and overall vibes of Taika's Thor. No need to worry about divisive tonal dissonance. He still has a great story and empathetic motivations, but he fits in better than someone like Gorr. And if they include Phobos, there's another fun parallel to work with.

herculesares15.jpg

^^^ It's so easy to read his scenes w/Mantzoukas' voice. Get the guy the Marvel Makeover treatment, and his manic, unhinged energy is perfect. Plus, you can't really ask for a more Greek actor in Hollywood today.

Ares would be a great villain, not just for obvious foreshadowing reasons, but because he fits perfectly w/the tone and overall vibes of Taika's Thor. No need to worry about divisive tonal dissonance. He still has a great story and empathetic motivations, but he fits in better than someone like Gorr. And if they include Phobos, there's another fun parallel to work with.

Oh hell yeah, I can hear his voice while reading this like it really happened. The moment I saw you suggesting him I thought PERFECT, absolutely perfect.

I almost wished we got to see Gorr with a different style of Thor films than Love and Thunder.

herculesares15.jpg

Ares and Hercules would fit a bit more naturally with Taika’s style, yeah. If he is staying on then they could be a possibility.

Oh hell yeah, I can hear his voice while reading this like it really happened. The moment I saw you suggesting him I thought PERFECT, absolutely perfect.

I almost wished we got to see Gorr with a different style of Thor films than Love and Thunder.
Yeah. I loved Bale as Gorr, and overall enjoyed Love and Thunder. But I definitely think that story would have fit better in an alternate world where Branagh got to keep the reigns of the franchise.

Yeah. I loved Bale as Gorr, and overall enjoyed Love and Thunder. But I definitely think that story would have fit better in an alternate world where Branagh got to keep the reigns of the franchise.

Hell yeah it would.

Expecting Hercules to try and get the love of the people. As Zeus said the people use to pray for them and want them, now they just want the heroes when they pray.

They will still have the fun route with the movie so maybe they have a Thor vs Hercules tv event like who is faster, stronger(lift the most), who can beat up the most whatever.

Doubt Hercules is a villain he will likely come to like the humans.

I was not a fan of Crowe's Zeus didn't think it was very funny and the accent was hard to make some things out. I get it was a never meet your heroes portrayal but hoping maybe the darker side is better.

Expecting Hercules to try and get the love of the people. As Zeus said the people use to pray for them and want them, now they just want the heroes when they pray.

They will still have the fun route with the movie so maybe they have a Thor vs Hercules tv event like who is faster, stronger(lift the most), who can beat up the most whatever.

I was not a fan of Crowe's Zeus didn't think it was very funny and the accent was hard to make some things out. I get it was a never meet your heroes portrayal but hoping maybe the darker side is better.
Oh, I definitely expect that, if we get Thor 5, it will be clear humanity was better off with Zeus absent and only concerned with throwing orgies in Omnipotent City. While Thor and Herc will bond over their similar daddy issues & war-hungry siblings.

Yessssss

Edit: Wrong thread

The probability is low, but Id love for Branagh to return to the director's chair.

I like Taika , but I feel the humor and wackiness is starting to go a bit unchecked.
For me anyone but Taika, is good.

I am looking forward to Herc but really want to see Ares as well. Give us BRB while we're at it to even the stakes.

After not really enjoying L&T, I wouldn't be devastated if Taika didn't return

The probability is low, but Id love for Branagh to return to the director's chair.

I like Taika , but I feel the humor and wackiness is starting to go a bit unchecked.
Branagh returning would be incredibly jarring. I don't see them changing the tone, even if Taika doesn't come back. Especially since Thor vs. Hercules is such a lighter story. It would be weird IMO to take a serious turn for that of all things coming off of goofy takes on Ragnarok and Gorr.

Branagh returning would be incredibly jarring. I don't see them changing the tone, even if Taika doesn't come back. Especially since Thor vs. Hercules is such a lighter story. It would be weird IMO to take a serious turn for that of all things coming off of goofy takes on Ragnarok and Gorr.
Goofy take on Gorr? What?

Goofy take on Gorr? What?
Sorry, should have been more clear - Goofy take on Gorr as a story arc. Bale's Gorr was still a dark, serious character. But the movie as a whole was a fun, goofy romp. It would be weird to make a fun movie with a serious villain and then make a serious movie with a fun villain.

Sorry, should have been more clear - Goofy take on Gorr as a story arc. Bale's Gorr was still a dark, serious character. But the movie as a whole was a fun, goofy romp. It would be weird to make a fun movie with a serious villain and then make a serious movie with a fun villain.
giphy.gif

MV5BMjMyNDkzMzI1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODcxODg5MjI@._V1_.jpg

At this point I would even argue Hemsworth will only return with Waititi (sadly).

I'm pretty sure the only reason he didn't bow out after three solo movies like RDJ and Evans is because the Waititi style gave him a second wind. It's very apparent that Waititi runs a ship where everyone is having a blast.

I'm pretty sure the only reason he didn't bow out after three solo movies like RDJ and Evans is because the Waititi style gave him a second wind. It's very apparent that Waititi runs a ship where everyone is having a blast.

Waititi also seems to have been a huge part of why Bale signed on and why Portman agreed to come back.

I could see Thor 5 have a Logan/Last of Us angle.

I still very much want to see Thor with an uru arm and I’m holding on to the hope of seeing Old King Thor full decked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"