Thor Casting Poll

There are sooooooooooooooo many threads on this already. Use the search button forst.

"What if You could go back and prevent this thread from even starting!"

mcflydoc.jpg

i still say zakk wylde should play thor jus look at this picture of him, he jus screams norse thunder god

Zakk%20Wylde04-12lorez.jpg

Jesus Christ. There are millions of actual actors who have the ability to sport long blonde hair just as well as he can. That's 80 thousanth on the list of perks an actor could have that would be long blonde hair to play Thor.

BT18 said:
Jesus Christ. There are millions of actual actors who have the ability to sport long blonde hair just as well as he can. That's 80 thousanth on the list of perks an actor could have that would be long blonde hair to play Thor.

its not just that he has long blonde hair and a beard, its the fact that zakk is a big guy, he carries himself well, has the right attitude the right walk and the right kind of style to pull off thor without looking uncomfortable!

fun boy said:
its not just that he has long blonde hair and a beard, its the fact that zakk is a big guy, he carries himself well, has the right attitude the right walk and the right kind of style to pull off thor without looking uncomfortable!

Very True.:up:

And you got this from his one role in "Rock Star" ?

BT18 said:
And you got this from his one role in "Rock Star" ?

no i actually got this from meeting him and seeing how he moves and looks up close, i stood there looking up at him thinking he looked like thor and definatly carried himself in a similiar way to how i pictured thor

Fantastic-Boy said:
Karl Urban is interesting!

He is. His star is on the rise, and he's got a decent build. He is also 6'2 which is shorter than the 6'6 Thor, but I could see Karl Urban as Thor the more I think about it. Especially since the ideal choice got old - Vladimir Kulich.

dpm07 said:
He is. His star is on the rise, and he's got a decent build. He is also 6'2 which is shorter than the 6'6 Thor, but I could see Karl Urban as Thor the more I think about it. Especially since the ideal choice got old - Vladimir Kulich.

I too support the idea of Karl Urban as Thor; I'm sure they can make him look more imposing by virtue of lifts and low angles.

But I would like to toss another name into the mix: Brian Thompson, a brawny, 6'3" kite and wind surfer who's played plenty of tough guys, including Hercules in the TV Movie of Jason and the Argonauts.

Click here to see pics of the guy http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0859921/photogallery

Dr. Fate said:
I too support the idea of Karl Urban as Thor; I'm sure they can make him look more imposing by virtue of lifts and low angles.

But I would like to toss another name into the mix: Brian Thompson, a brawny, 6'3" kite and wind surfer who's played plenty of tough guys, including Hercules in the TV Movie of Jason and the Argonauts.

Click here to see pics of the guy http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0859921/photogallery

Brian Thompson is a good character actor, and I've grown accustomed to watching him on X-Files, and other shows as well. The only reason I didn't mention him is his age. He's a good actor though, and I've heard he's really cool in real life. I could definitely see a role for him in a Thor movie, but I don't know if the studios would rather invest in him as Thor or someone like Karl Urban. Brian's a good guy though.

fun boy said:
i still say zakk wylde should play thor jus look at this picture of him, he jus screams norse thunder god

Zakk%20Wylde04-12lorez.jpg

Zakk Wylde as Thor!!!!:eek:

Yeah!!!!

This guy is a member of Ozzy Osbourne´s band.:up::up:

But I don´t know if he is an actor.:confused:

Zakk Wylde does look like Thor facially, but does he have any kind of a build? Does he have a bunch of cheesy tattoos? How tall is he? He's getting kind of old since he's almost 39. That's old enough to be a grandpa. Maybe he could play Odin.

I think Karl Urban is probably the strongest candidate to date.

I have had this insanely weird idea pop in my head as to who I think would do good as Thor if he were to bulk up.

Kip Pardue.

He's 6'2, and he's already in descent shape, but if he were to put on some muscle mass and bulk up, I think he could do it. He's young enough that if he and a studio were willing they could build a franchise around him. His star is on the verge of passing from "hey I know him from some movie, but don't know his name" to "hey there goes Kip Pardue megastar." I think Thor would be a good choice to take him to the level of megastardom.

Duh, Artie Lange. His perfomance in Dirty Work says it all.

Karl Urban is about to film a new viking movie called Pathfinder. Let the Thor rumors continue, and yeah he is only 6'2, but the boots will boost him up to 6'6 easy I'm sure.

I fear who Avi has in mind though, Sony is still doing Thor right?

Still A ThorFan said:
Karl Urban is about to film a new viking movie called Pathfinder. Let the Thor rumors continue, and yeah he is only 6'2, but the boots will boost him up to 6'6 easy I'm sure.

I fear who Avi has in mind though, Sony is still doing Thor right?

Realistically, there's no one out there who has the acting skills and the physicality to pull off Thor completely. The closest ideal would likely be Karl Urban, and unless I see something better, I will see him as my logical candidate.

dpm07 said:
Realistically, there's no one out there who has the acting skills and the physicality to pull off Thor completely. The closest ideal would likely be Karl Urban, and unless I see something better, I will see him as my logical candidate.

You really can't say there isn't anyone out there because at one point we did have a young Arnold ( I won't attempt to spell his last name) Vladimir Kulich, Tyler Mane, and the guy that played Thor in the Incredible Hulk tv movie.

So there is someone out there, hopefully we will find him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"