Thor expected to be "biggest" Marvel Studios film to date!

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
Keep in mind when hearing this Marvel Studios only will have made 2 films prior to this: The Incredible Hulk & Iron Man. Still with rumors of Iron Man's budget hitting the financing cap of 180 million makes me feel even stronger that Marvel isn't being cheap on any of their films and they're putting the right talent behind these franchises to ensure they last. Also by preselling the overseas distribution rights they effectively cut the budget, on top of not having to pay themselves for the rights. 2008 is gonna be HUGE for Marvel.

http://letsgetcomical.blogspot.com/2007/10/were-jumping-straight-into-where-we.html

<LI class=MsoNormal>
The weird phrase/ idea of fantastic four was about Alex Zane…and his hat (apparently it’s become a “thing” now) and the weird thing of today came from me remembering that the director of Stardust, Matthew Vaughn is going to direct the “Mighty Thor” movie. SO there was much gruff yelling of THOR. I even spoke to Vaughn about Thor he said it’s happening but they’re just discussing the budget because it could very well be Marvel’s most expensive movie.

I can see Thor being much more expensive than Iron Man and the Incredible Hulk.

Let's hope that Marvel does better making their own movies for a change.

Thor should be a bigger budget as i see it more of a mythical type of film than any of the rest of the marvel movies.

Thor should be a bigger budget as i see it more of a mythical type of film than any of the rest of the marvel movies.

Especially if it set in Asgard and Valhalla. Can't wait to see how they'll visualize a worldwith buildings that essentially is a mixture of Edoras and Minas Tirith from LOTR on a bigger scale.
And I hope there'll be some breathtaking nature-shots from isolated locations too.

I hope they hire quite a bit of unknown but good actors so they can save some money for the special effects and settings.

Man that is a relief! At least we know for sure they are serious about making this a great Movie.

I don't care about it being the biggest..whatever that means. I just hope it is well made. I can't wait to see how Marvel handles their own films. Hopefully they'll have enough filmmaking sense to realize that you can't simply film a comic book. Changes must be made to adapt it to film. But, on the plus side, they certainly will have enough comic book sense to realize that they don't have to butcher and re work every little detail to make a comic work as a film.

An Asgrad based Thor movie will tank big time mark this post, feel free to bash me till then but when it does know I said it would tank.
Marvel Thor is not Norse mythology Thor and in fact they are so far apart its not even funny.
This is typical studio head idiot's thinking... hey if we make it all in Asgard we will get comic book fans and the fantasy fans as well...yeh thats the ticket....

An Asgrad based Thor movie will tank big time mark this post, feel free to bash me till then but when it does know I said it would tank.
Marvel Thor is not Norse mythology Thor and in fact they are so far apart its not even funny.
This is typical studio head idiot's thinking... hey if we make it all in Asgard we will get comic book fans and the fantasy fans as well...yeh thats the ticket....

Vaughn already made it perfectly clear this is a Marvel Thor and not based on Norse mythology.

Well Marvel's Thor is LOOSLY based on the myths.

I said from the beginning you can't do Thor without a LOT of money.

Due to the most recent script review mentioning that the story focuses on both Asgard and Midgard, I'm under the impression that Thor still ends up on Earth in the film. But without the Donald Blake storyline.

Due to the most recent script review mentioning that the story focuses on both Asgard and Midgard, I'm under the impression that Thor still ends up on Earth in the film. But without the Donald Blake storyline.

yeah...and saying Thor will tank without Donald Blake is pretty stupid.

I welcome any marvel film but i have never really taken to thor as a character maybe its because he is a character taken from popular myth rather then a character built from the ground up.

I think they are planning the amounts they are spending based on profitability projections they are making regarding Iron Man and Hulk.

Of course, based on the script review the amount of special effects I think that would be needed would easily make this movie very expensive.

As long as the Movie isn't rushed I'm fine with just about anything they do. I can't wait to hear more now!

Marvel might just be focusing on Thor only for 2009 as far as their studio films go.

So you feel that Thor will be it for 2009? That's disappointing. I'm growing impatient for Cap. Have you heard any confirmation regarding this AD?

Damn , their most expensive movie yet :wow:
Just a quick question. How big are the budgets of Hulk and Iron Man.
I've heard rumors that Iron Man budget is somehwere between 160-180 million and HULk lies somewhere around 170.

So this would mean that Thor would be around 180-200 million. That is alot of money but then again i can see why it would cost so much.
3 words : CG Flying Human

The budget restrictions under the financing agreement is 180 million. There's no need for Marvel to go over that IMO. Being that they're the studio for their own character the save quite a bit on the budget.

more expensive marvel movie?
even more than SM3?
well...I just hope they make it a badass movie. and the Ultimate Thor would be better, imo.

yeah...and saying Thor will tank without Donald Blake is pretty stupid.
I agree, it should be shown WHY Thor beomes merged with Blake, not the way Lee & Kirby introduced Thor.
You have to look at it from Thor's angle not Blake's. Journey Into Mystery 83 was from Don Blake's view, not how Thor got into that cave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"