Thor expected to be "biggest" Marvel Studios film to date!

When all the smoke is cleared and the movie is out of theaters on its way to DVD it will be one of the biggest and best Marvel movies of all time, maybe even a blockbuster in general. And I will point and laugh at those who for many years said Thor sucks, and The movie will never happen.

I will be right there with you Thorfan.

Triple H is perfect for Thor, right build, height, handsome, great actor, and he'd kick ass throughout the movie
tripleh1024x768.jpg

GEEZ 300 million? is that all CGI or what...never mind I'll read it

EDIT:
Well I'm sure if they use CGI that it could be alot less expensive. I want to see this script just to see what they HAD planned.

GEEZ 300 million? is that all CGI or what...never mind I'll read it

EDIT:
Well I'm sure if they use CGI that it could be alot less expensive. I want to see this script just to see what they HAD planned.

If you see the script of a film budgeted for 300 million you'll be dissapointed with anything that comes out. LOL

Well geez if you think about it, Fantasy films are not cheap for one.
Marvel has said they wanted this to be thier LotR, if that's the case they'll need to spend the money, (which that artical does have wrong it's 180, not 150) and LotR was not a tried movie, New Line really stuck thier neck out for the films.

The budget limit is 180 but Vaughn said Marvel told him to cut it in half.

lol Egads I have a terrible feeling this movies gonna look like #@$&.

^ Marvel won't let that happen Vartha. Look how they're handling Hulk & Iron Man.

I understand that, but there's more to Thor than to those two movies if it's going to take place on Asgard.
Both Iron-Man and Hulk can be filmed in ANY area and look right, Asgard is completely mythical, there's no cheap way around it.

I understand that, but there's more to Thor than to those two movies if it's going to take place on Asgard.

That's probably how they'll cut the budget: less Asgard. I wouldn't be surprised if they had to revise the script to include (less expensive) scenes on Earth.

Maybe if Iron man is a success, they will boost Thor's budget?

I just hope its a not a way to force Matthew into hiring Triple H as Thor

haha that interview with matthew vaughn was funny, imagine being told u need to cut your budget by half. I dont know how he's gonna do it but i hope he does it soon.

Eventhough i've never been a thor fan i'm looking forward to seeing his big screen debut!

Well geez if you think about it, Fantasy films are not cheap for one.
Marvel has said they wanted this to be thier LotR, if that's the case they'll need to spend the money, (which that artical does have wrong it's 180, not 150) and LotR was not a tried movie, New Line really stuck thier neck out for the films.

All 3 LOTR movies didnt cost that much considering though, they used a lot of minitures rather than CGI so maybe Thor can do that.

Also, weren't the effects from LOTR done by Jackson's own visual effects house.
$300million is way too much. $200million or just under would be perfect. That means, we getting unknown actors (I hope) and a serious marketing/promo campaign.

I realise LotR used Bigatures and all that I'm just pointing out Asgard will more than likely be the most expensive thing out of the whole movie.
There is however a way to solve some of Asgard's buildings.
Do you know how many Renaissance faires there are out there that have Permenent structures? Some are pretty dang close to the styles of structures.
This is just the front gate to one I worked at,
2688948780038113075IrFexO_fs.jpg

This faire has 150+ buildings, I know of several others that are the same way, so building models are always the cureall either.

I liked the idea of doing it a bit like Ultimate marvel, where Thor is this godly figure, but people aren't sure if he's really this powerful and a god, or just mad etc. Nice extra edge brought in there, would also help the audience familiarise with the charater more if he was in midgard.

I can't see using the Ultimate "is he crazy?" idea yet. The first film is just dealing with Thor growing up and leading to what puts him on earth.
I can see a possible use in the 2nd film when he does go to earth.

A whole asgard film would lose a lot of interest from the general public. Asgard is something that should be explored later on, have it as a question about what it's like, so we don't have it all speled out for us from his start to finish, start with Thor having been active for a small amount of time on earth, then go from there.

Asgard is something that needs to be explored later.

Well with all the rumors of wanting a younger actor just points toward a mostly Asgard setting.
Besides with the characters that have been mentioned that will be in the film it just says to me that it will be mostly on Asgard.
WE as fans don't need it spelled out, but, I'm sure the non-fan does need it spelled out to them.

Every step of the way being described, it's dull, the forumla of comic book films tends to be pretty poor, we see from start to finish etc, the whole element of mystery and creating a mysterious back story that's hinted at is much more interesting, worked with "Batman".

.... and now marvel wants Vaughn to find a way to cut the projected $300 million budget in half?

whoo-boy, I don't have a good feeling about this.. I guess they can just film the first act and hope for the best (?)

Today, 09:44 AM #48
Cyrusbales

"Every step of the way being described, it's dull, the forumla of comic book films tends to be pretty poor, we see from start to finish etc, the whole element of mystery and creating a mysterious back story that's hinted at is much more interesting, worked with "Batman". "

Depends on how it's done. The original way Thor was introduced is too Comic booky, and it is from DON's point of view not Thor's.

I can actually see the film opening on Asgard and you hear Odin and a young Thor arguing in the background then fading into the throne room where they're arguing, and a young Loki standing to the side smerking.

There are so many possibilities for this film, the approach from Journey into Mystery 83 just doesn't fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"