Thor expected to be "biggest" Marvel Studios film to date!

.... and now marvel wants Vaughn to find a way to cut the projected $300 million budget in half?

whoo-boy, I don't have a good feeling about this.. I guess they can just film the first act and hope for the best (?)

Well I want to know WHAT cost so much actually. like I've been saying The only thing I can imagine costing so much would be Asgard it's self.

Vaughn already made it perfectly clear this is a Marvel Thor and not based on Norse mythology.

He can call it whatever he wants the script says Norse mythology Thor not Marvel Thor.
And now with the new decreased budget yep mark my first post this Thor is gonna tank like superman4, unless there are some major revisions to that mostly Asgard based plot.

yeah...and saying Thor will tank without Donald Blake is pretty stupid.

Thinking you are making something called Marvel Thor without using DB is pretty stupid since without him its not really Marvel Thor now is it.

^ That's not what he said. Saying it'll "tank" without him is stupid.

^ That's not what he said. Saying it'll "tank" without him is stupid.

Thinking you can make Marvel Thor without DB is stupid and I quoted what he said so how exactly did I mis-quote him?

DB is a major part of the Marvel Thor storyline trying to spin some story where this is not the case is stupid and again not Marvel Thor no matter what someone says.
What audience are they looking for?
Who wants to see an Asgrad based Thor? fans of the CB doubtful although we will be there.
Again this is studio heads trying to double dip comic book fans with fantasy fans and its going to end up biting them in the ass when they half ass both story parts.

Vaughn alread said clearly this is based on "Marvel" Thor and not the Norse mythology.

He can call it whatever he wants the script says Norse mythology Thor not Marvel Thor.
And now with the new decreased budget yep mark my first post this Thor is gonna tank like superman4, unless there are some major revisions to that mostly Asgard based plot.

So you've seen the script they just finished?

Thinking you can make Marvel Thor without DB is stupid and I quoted what he said so how exactly did I mis-quote him?

DB is a major part of the Marvel Thor storyline trying to spin some story where this is not the case is stupid and again not Marvel Thor no matter what someone says.
Who wants to see an Asgrad based Thor? fans of the CB doubtful although we will be there.
Again this is studio heads trying to double dip comic book fans with fantasy fans and its going to end up biting them in the ass when they half ass both story parts.

http://www.geocities.com/ingwibergo/whos_thor.html

enlighten yourself. Dr. Donald Blake isn't the only thing that makes Marvel Thor. A lot of it is in the characterization, and Thors relationship with the other Gods.

The fact is, most of Thor's great enemies are in Asgard. I'd much rather see Thor fighting Ulik and Ymir than the Wrecking Crew.

Also, comparing this to Superman 4, which had a 17 million dollar budget, is ridiculous. This movie will have 9 times said budget.

Probably the action sequences. Maybe a bit too long and too many.
True, I can see action sequences costing a bit of cash.
hehehe I want to see at least SOME of the script! I'm gonna be a mess by the time this movie's out lol.

In the Begining (JIM 83) the book WAS based from DB's perspective, but it has changed over the years, Thor is NOT just "powers" given to someone Worthy like BRB, it's way more than that.
Basically, start with Son of Asgard, then go to JIM83 and DB.

I was going to mention what Kang had to say, if you look at Marvel's Thor compared to the mythology one, they hardly resemble each other in any sense.

Donald Blake doesn't make the character, he was an added dimension that they actually strove away from eventually, cuz without the explanation it eventually received it was sort of stupid to have some American gimp knock his cane and all a sudden turn into a thunder god.

I suppose 150 million is more then enough, unless they spend over half the budget on a-list actors, wtv, anything but Triple H will please me.

I really have my doubts about this film, from the speech, to the odd God spandex they wear, to giant rainbow passageways, and the Marvel cheese added in, just cuz its a comic movie... I don't see how this will be well recepted by the mass public.

Characters like these and Captain America just seem way harder to deal with then Spider-Man or Iron Man.

If Thor was a trilogy I'd like to see the first 30% and the last 30% in Asgard. The middle 40% (the end of the first movie, the entire second movie, and the beginning of the 3rd) would all be on midgard.

I was going to mention what Kang had to say, if you look at Marvel's Thor compared to the mythology one, they hardly resemble each other in any sense.

Donald Blake doesn't make the character, he was an added dimension that they actually strove away from eventually, cuz without the explanation it eventually received it was sort of stupid to have some American gimp knock his cane and all a sudden turn into a thunder god.

I suppose 150 million is more then enough, unless they spend over half the budget on a-list actors, wtv, anything but Triple H will please me.

I really have my doubts about this film, from the speech, to the odd God spandex they wear, to giant rainbow passageways, and the Marvel cheese added in, just cuz its a comic movie... I don't see how this will be well recepted by the mass public.

Characters like these and Captain America just seem way harder to deal with then Spider-Man or Iron Man.
Well I can see the JMS/Coipel Thor on the screen much easier than the Kirby Thor. The Son of Asgard costumes work too.

So you've seen the script they just finished?

Nope and nothing would make me happier than to be dead wrong and it to be a huge hit.
I am just not getting that vibe from the original script I read and am getting a vibe that this is not going to do well based on what I did read.
Seems to be a tweener plot trying to again apease both fantasy based fans and CB fans.
Please do not think my doubts are me wanting it to fail.

http://www.geocities.com/ingwibergo/whos_thor.html

enlighten yourself. Dr. Donald Blake isn't the only thing that makes Marvel Thor. A lot of it is in the characterization, and Thors relationship with the other Gods.

The fact is, most of Thor's great enemies are in Asgard. I'd much rather see Thor fighting Ulik and Ymir than the Wrecking Crew.

Also, comparing this to Superman 4, which had a 17 million dollar budget, is ridiculous. This movie will have 9 times said budget.

I am quite familiar with Thor thanks.
What was the origin comic based off of? could it be using DB yep it sure was.
Perhaps they did that so average people would associate with a god yep sure sounds like the reason they did it to.
I understand wanting Asgard based villains but that is not a reason to base the story mostly in Asgard.
Not IMO anyways.

Nope and nothing would make me happier than to be dead wrong and it to be a huge hit.
I am just not getting that vibe from the original script I read and am getting a vibe that this is not going to do well based on what I did read.
Seems to be a tweener plot trying to again apease both fantasy based fans and CB fans.
Please do not think my doubts are me wanting it to fail.
Again when and where did you read the script?

I am quite familiar with Thor thanks.
What was the origin comic based off of? could it be using DB yep it sure was.
Perhaps they did that so average people would associate with a god yep sure sounds like the reason they did it to.
I understand wanting Asgard based villains but that is not a reason to base the story mostly in Asgard.
Not IMO anyways.

That's ridiculous. As Vartha said, there have been prequels to Jourey into Mystery; you think that the previous 3000 years of Thor's life before he was banished to Earth doesn't deserve screen time?

Nate you have, Tales of Asgard (Lee&Kirby and Simonson), Son of Asgard, the Eye of Odin arc dealing with Thor being Mortal AND the Previous Asgard to the ones we know (the ELDER Asgard being the MYTH Asgard), Blake is just PART of Thor's life.

Nate you have, Tales of Asgard (Lee&Kirby and Simonson), Son of Asgard, the Eye of Odin arc dealing with Thor being Mortal AND the Previous Asgard to the ones we know (the ELDER Asgard being the MYTH Asgard), Blake is just PART of Thor's life.

Exactly. Blake isn't Thor's entire life.

Given the usual trilogy setup, Thor 1 should be pre-donald blake, and Thor 3 should be trying to avoid Ragnarok in Asgard.

First and foremost, this has to be a movie with great story telling, not about fanboy expectations.

That's ridiculous. As Vartha said, there have been prequels to Jourey into Mystery; you think that the previous 3000 years of Thor's life before he was banished to Earth doesn't deserve screen time?

Look we can go back and forth forever.
Yes all of those stories are retcons or most of them anyways to give more character to Thor by giving him back stories or a history.

You want to base the first Thor movie off of back stories not his origin story?
The one that introduced him to the world?
Trust me had they tried those origin stories without first establishing him as a earth based hero they would have failed horribly and we would not be having this conversation right now.

Just look at the CB industry and tell me how many non earth based hero's survive? titles like Conan etc etc etc just never last.
Heck Thor had a hard time lasting and if I re-call the last cancel was due to low numbers being sold and yep the stories were Asgard based sorta tells something doesn't it?

So why would they want it to do great yet base the story off a storyline when the comic quit selling? just makes no sense hence my concerns and fears it may tank with this type of storyline.
But again hey I would love to be wrong I thought stardust was great to bad not many others bothered to even go see it... hint hint.

Well a big part of Thor dieing was people couldn't understand the Thor speak or old English, Even many writers had problems with it and it ended up making Thor sound like a buffoon.
JMS has prooven this already. Removing the old English is one of the best things to happen to Thor, not to mention making him more understandable to many people.
I think If Mark has written Thor the same way, there should be no problem with the movie.

Look we can go back and forth forever.
Yes all of those stories are retcons or most of them anyways to give more character to Thor by giving him back stories or a history.

You want to base the first Thor movie off of back stories not his origin story?
The one that introduced him to the world?
Trust me had they tried those origin stories without first establishing him as a earth based hero they would have failed horribly and we would not be having this conversation right now.

Just look at the CB industry and tell me how many non earth based hero's survive? titles like Conan etc etc etc just never last.
Heck Thor had a hard time lasting and if I re-call the last cancel was due to low numbers being sold and yep the stories were Asgard based sorta tells something doesn't it?

So why would they want it to do great yet base the story off a storyline when the comic quit selling? just makes no sense hence my concerns and fears it may tank with this type of storyline.
But again hey I would love to be wrong I thought stardust was great to bad not many others bothered to even go see it... hint hint.

Ugh.

Donald Blake is NOT Thor's origins. Just because the first issue of the Thor comic involved him doesn't mean that's how THOR originated. It's where we picked up.

This movie is going to be the equivalent of Batman: Year One. a True origins story. The next one will pickup with The Lee/ Kirby stuff.

^Me no wants a whole film of the Asgard origin story.
I don't care for seeing all of it, actually.

However, it would be very interesting to see if the audience will be turned away from that, or lured to it like LOTR.

lol I was just thinking about the comparison of Year one lol
In many ways Thor and Batman can be compared in the beginings of thier storys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"