World Thor game making progress

Still pretty sparse on information, but it's nice to know someone, somewhere is working on making a Thor game a reality. I dreamed, but I never thought we'd actually get one. :)

A thor game would rock, i love using him in MUA 2, but its just not enough, i need more lol

Still loving Viking:battle for Asgard Corpy. I think you may too.

Basically a bloodless, Norse "God Of War" with a likable/heroic personality and a Hammer in place of blades.

Still loving Viking:battle for Asgard Corpy. I think you may too.

I liked the designs of the game but it was way too repetive.. They had a great idea going on but doing the same thing in 3 islands pretty much shows why most reviews were like 6/10 or so. They definatly got the big fights done right, those were fun!

I like Viking type things Drz. ANYTHING like that I buy as soon as I can.
I was in heaven with Marvel Ultimate Alliance taking place on Asgard.

Hehe i understand Vartha. :D It was awesome to have BRIAN BLESSED doing the narration for Viking game. =D Such a epic voice.

Thor game is being shown at Marvel game panel at Comic con.

Hope we get at least some vid samples of the game.

We definitely will, provided they actually show any gameplay footage and not just some CGI trailer. The gaming media is even worse about bootlegging stuff from conventions than the comic book media. :)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/sega-unveils-thor-videogame

SEGA has excited legions of Marvel fans by unveiling Thor: The Video Game for release on "all five major consoles" in summer 2011.
SEGA has then cast a shadow of doubt over the project by revealing it to be an accompaniment of the Thor film.
No one mention Iron Man.
Still, Thor may have some legs. Acclaimed writer Matt Fraction (!) is consulting on the story and drawing inspiration from the comic and not, apparently, the film.
You'll obviously be muscular man Thor [who doesn't have a beard -Ed] who wields his massive storm-controlling Mjolnir hammer into the face of any that stand in his way. You'll be able to upgrade your Thor as the game progresses.
The PS3 and Xbox 360 games will have the graphical clout, where as the Wii, DS and PSP games "will be presented in a comic book style".
No assets yet.

More

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/07/sega-confirms-thor-the-video-game-for-summer-2011/

Sega confirmed today it will launch an "epic" Thor third-person adventure game in summer 2011 to coincide with the release of the Marvel Studios film. Writer Matt Fraction is serving as a story consultant.
According to the announcement, Thor: The Video Game "will delve deep into the heroic tales of the Thor universe," with players battling "an array of ancient enemies and beasts from the many worlds of Norse mythology by using different battle strategies and elemental powers." Mjolnir will allow gamers to command the powers of the storm. Thor is being developed for all five major console platforms.
Word of the video game leaked in September when notes from a meeting between representatives of Sega and Sony Computer Entertainment America were discovered on a Sega America FTP site.
See the full press release after the break:

The God of Thunder Strikes! Thor: The Video Game Coming 2011
LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (July 20th, 2010) – SEGA® Europe Ltd. and SEGA® of America, Inc. today announced they will bring Marvel Entertainment Inc.’s hall-of-fame franchise Thor™ to video game systems in an epic third-person adventure game. Thor: The Video Game™ is scheduled for release on all five major console platforms in summer 2011.
Thor: The Video Game will delve deep into the heroic tales of the Thor universe. Eisner Award-winning writer and lead Thor comic book author Matt Fraction brings authenticity to the narrative as a story consultant, and elevates the story beyond the comic and movie universe throughout the video game. Players will take on an array of ancient enemies and beasts from the many worlds of Norse mythology by using different battle strategies and elemental powers. The sacred Mjolnir, Thor’s legendary hammer, will allow players to command the powers of the storm: wind, thunder and lightning. By earning Valor in combat throughout the game, players will also be able to select from a wider range of abilities, acquire new attacks, powers and upgrades.
“We are proud to be bringing Thor to his first solo video game adventure” commented Gary Knight, Senior Vice President of Marketing at SEGA Europe and SEGA America. “Thor: The Video Game will finally bring the immense power of this iconic hero to lifelong fans, and introduce the God of Thunder to a whole new audience as a true Marvel Super Hero.”
Each version of the game is being developed to take advantage of all five console platforms. The PLAYSTATION®3 and Xbox 360® version will feature cinematic, third-person action gameplay with melee combos, ranged hammer throws, tide-turning elemental powers and an upgrade system to bolster Thor’s powers as gamers progress. Players will be able to follow the same overarching story in the PSP™, Nintendo Wii™ and DS™ versions presented in a comic book style, allowing fans to explore new content in the same universe.
While taking its inspiration directly from the mythology of the comics, Thor: The Video Game will launch around the time of the upcoming Thor film adaptation from Marvel Studios.
Brought to the Marvel Universe by the legendary Stan Lee and his brother Larry Lieber, and penciled by noted artist Jack Kirby, Thor first appeared in Marvel Comics in 1962. Based on Norse mythology, the Marvel character of Thor became a comic book Super Hero both in his own right and as a member of the Avengers alongside comic book icons The Hulk™, Iron Man™ and Captain America™. Thor: The Video Game marks the character’s progression from mythology to comics, TV, then film and now to interactive entertainment in his first standalone appearance in a videogame.

Must see a trailer. I don't have much hope for it, since movie tie-in games tend to suck, but I'm still interested in seeing it.

Still can't wait for it! lol
I love anything Thor and or viking.

Best case scenario: Predict many a score around the 6.5 range.

Hey, that'd at least be playable. I've enjoyed many a 6- or 7-rated game.

That's why I said best case.

:cmad:

But yeah at this point, I've 0 faith in SEGA as a publisher. They've pretty much sunk every Marvel game given to them spectacularly.

Looks very good. *Stops self from getting excited*

That concept art for the game looks amazing. The locations definitely look worthy of being parts of Asgard. :up:

About time Thor's getting his own game and appearing in MvC. :up:

For those that are worried about SEGA making the Thor game, just remember the developers that made the Iron Man games no longer exist, IM2 was their last game, so hopefully SEGA has better developers working on Thor.

Also TIH game that SEGA made was a pretty solid game, it got pretty decent reviews so there's definitly hope for this game.

thor-video-game.jpg

Thorgame01.jpg

Thorgame03.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"