Thor/God of Thunder - Chris Hemsworth

At this point there’s no doubt in my mind that Thor will be back to his normal self in AEG... Hemsworth’s usual physical transformation just keeps on progressing.

I see people mentioning the Thunderstrike resemblance which I totally understand. I mean if you take that image on the top left corner of the comic and have it next to the set photos... there it is.

2113a1c54beb2f54b8839c866bf12e45.jpg

36497-5055-40772-1-thunderstrike.jpg

There’s some classic Thor hints too. Red, blue and yellow. Check out the boots.

Last edited:
Apparently CH hurt his back and needed some medical treatment. Hopefully it’s nothing major affecting him and the film.

Problems with his back aren’t new since he had similar issues in Infinity War.

EDIT: Seems like he was getting better already.

Last edited:
So has there been any confirmation on whether this film is meant to serve as a "passing of the torch" moment from Chris's Thor to Natalie's version?

Seeing as how a lot of Phase 4 is about the next generation of heroes (after the founding six), I'm wondering if this also meant to be Thor's official swan song from the spotlight.

So has there been any confirmation on whether this film is meant to serve as a "passing of the torch" moment from Chris's Thor to Natalie's version?

Seeing as how a lot of Phase 4 is about the next generation of heroes (after the founding six), I'm wondering if this also meant to be Thor's official swan song from the spotlight.
Not at all. From what I’ve seen and heard from everyone involved, CH, Taika, Marvel... this is another chapter of Thor’s journey in the MCU. Chris Hemsworth already said that he’s staying and Taika even hinted at a trilogy of his own.

Thor is now a beloved and bankable character both in solo and team up movies. His comic book history is rich in content which can be mined further down the line, also Thor is in the comics a character of past, present and future because of his extended life span, I see it being mirrored in the cinematic universe. They can always bring CH back, even when he’s much older...

I also think they could introduce Jane Foster Thor and reuse her later but I don’t see them getting rid of Thor at all. At the very least I’d say there’s probably 2 more films in CH contract, TLT and probably A5... if things work out for the best I could easily see Taika coming back to complete his trilogy.

Marvel has still yet to introduce Fantastic4, Silver Surfer and last but not least Galactus and Thor’s history with him just can’t be overlooked. When Marvel decides to bring him into the fold I bet they’ll bring Thor in a big way as well.

Last edited:
I wonder which armoured look will Thor have in TLT. I think those behind the scenes pictures point to his casual look while with the Guardians so I kind of expect him to have different looks, for example he had 1 casual look in Ragnarok and 2 battle looks, 1 for Muspelheim and another for Sakaar.

Here’s a few options.

7192235-screenshot%202019-12-27%20at%207.07.03%20pm.png

Maybe they even give him the golden armour, or the more traditional look from Aaron’s Gorr run, or even the King Thor/Old King Thor look. That last one might be saved for later down the line.

latest

51qAh5rvQSL.jpg

latest

Hopefully that also translates to how powerful Thor is in the movie as well. While he performed admirably in IW its undeniable that they shortchanged him in EG. With his mojo back Thor should naturally be put where he belongs, the Mount Rushmore of MCU powerhouses.

He's in absurd shape. It's unreal.

I cannot wait for this. Waititi made Thor one of my favorite characters in the MCU.

Hopefully that also translates to how powerful Thor is in the movie as well. While he performed admirably in IW its undeniable that they shortchanged him in EG. With his mojo back Thor should naturally be put where he belongs, the Mount Rushmore of MCU powerhouses.

Yeah. They nerfed him too much in Endgame (mainly, imo, to make certain characters look more powerful).

Make him the god of thunder we know!

Yeah. They nerfed him too much in Endgame (mainly, imo, to make certain characters look more powerful).

Make him the god of thunder we know!

I'm not sure that losing to Thanos counts as a nerf.

Maybe Thanos is just that strong?

Like it or not, I would chalk up a lot of Thor's nerfing in AEG to him being overweight, alcoholic, depressed and inactive for 5 years. I do understand how hard it was to seem him in that state.

Anyways no-one can convince me that AEG Thor, even wielding Stormbreaker and Mjolnir is more powerful than IW Thor. That's simply not accurate through a narrative standpoint. The Infinity War version of Thor(post creation of Stormbreaker) is by far the most powerful the character has ever been, to the point where they almost immediately had to nerf him because otherwise the screenwriters would likely write themselves into a corner since that version of Thor would render a lot of plot points and characters useless.

Thor is inherently a extremely powerful character. They always have to find ways to undercut that fact in order to create more relatable and engaging stories. As far as i'm concerned and the majority of the Thor fans, we would always love to see him be portrayed at the level he deserves, having said that, personally i can understand(not necessarily like or appreciate) why some decisions need to be taken.

I think Ragnarok is a pretty good example of how to balance Thor's power. He's badass when he needs to be.
In TLT i hope for a similar balance even when bringing Jane Foster Thor to the fold. One doesn't need to belittle the other achievements or history and the 2 can exist together.

Like it or not, I would chalk up a lot of Thor's nerfing in AEG to him being overweight, alcoholic, depressed and inactive for 5 years. I do understand how hard it was to seem him in that state.

Anyways no-one can convince me that AEG Thor, even wielding Stormbreaker and Mjolnir is more powerful than IW Thor. That's simply not accurate through a narrative standpoint. The Infinity War version of Thor(post creation of Stormbreaker) is by far the most powerful the character has ever been, to the point where they almost immediately had to nerf him because otherwise the screenwriters would likely write themselves into a corner since that version of Thor would render a lot of plot points and characters useless.

Just to clarify my position, while I had no real problem with Thor losing to Thanos (after all, Thanos usually beats him in the comics too), I do wish he'd put up a better fight and actually managed to get a few nice hits in there and make the purple raisin actually work for it. But, the plot required for Thor to get bodied because it was Cap's moment to shine.

And I agree that they had written themselves into a corner with how OP Thor was in IW. They're in the same situation now with Captain Marvel. The way I see it, she'll have to be nerfed for her sequel to have any semblance of tension.

In TLT i hope for a similar balance even when bringing Jane Foster Thor to the fold. One doesn't need to belittle the other achievements or history and the 2 can exist together.

Yes. The right way to do it isn't to nerf either of them, but rather make Gorr so insanely powerful (like he is the comics) that one Thor just isn't enough to take him down.

Looking jacked. The biggest he’s ever been as the God of Thunder. Can’t wait to see it in some badass Thor armor.

I wonder if the Hulk Hogan movie caused him to get even more jacked this time

but man, hes too vascular... between him and the Rock and various other actors, I think Hollywoods got a juice problem

This is the best shape I’ve seen Chris Hemsworth in

Hopefully we get to see fat Thor in the beginning of the movie and a full on 80s inspired training montage of him getting back in shape

We can basically distinguish 2 different Thor looks for the movie. The early Rock n Roll Guardians inspired look with the comic book accurate Thunderstrike clothing, while the second look seems to be later on, when his hair is grown and is tied up in a ponytail to the point that he will eventually look almost like a carbon copy version of Thunderstrike.

thor-02.jpg

Ey8UxuiUYAI8PxA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"