Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

HammerDown

“Do not, my friends, become addicted to water...“
Reaction score
EAA4m0SUIAAIlOl.jpg

Gonna start things out on a positive note and say I trust marvel and Taika to do this movie right. Can't wait!

I get some of the trepidation but I feel they'll nail it.

And I will straight up say it now. Towards the beginning so it is easy to find and quote....movies making a billion if it's good.

I read somewhere that Jeff Goldblum doesn't have a Twitter account.

Yeh the font looks amazing. Very metal.
The Ragnarok one revealed in the Teaser was pretty sweet too. Now it almost looks tame in comparison to Love and Thunder. :D

ngn1q36f54ry.png

I thought these guys made some interesting and solid points.

So they're basically following the Ragnarok route with filming in Australia.

Thor: Love and Thunder
- Production starts in March 2020
- Filming starts in August 2020

Thor to thunder down under once again as local shoot confirmed

Marvel's next Thor film will shoot in Australia thanks to a multi-million dollar government spending spree.

Thor: Love and Thunder has been lured to Sydney after the Federal government dipped into its $140 million funding pool for major Hollywood productions. The New South Wales government has also lent its support to wrestle the franchise away from its former Queensland home.

New Zealand director Taika Waititi will once again helm the film. Production for the new superhero flick – set to star Natalie Portman, Tessa Thompson and Chris Hemsworth – will kick-off in March 2020, with filming to begin in August that year. The movie's predecessor, Thor: Ragnarok, was filmed in Brisbane and the Gold Coast thanks, in part, to incentives from the Queensland government.

As part of the government spending spree, Love and Thunder will also see Marvel Studios offer a trainee program for Australian film students. The traineeships will be available to people studying at the Australian Film, Television and Radio School, National Institute of Dramatic Arts as well as local universities.

Hemsworth said the current plan is for the whole film to be shot in NSW but it's still "early days".

"My goal has been to shoot here more often," he said. "There's such an incredible work ethic here. Being able to stay home and put the kids to bed in their own home as opposed to dragging them across the globe to various hotels is [also] hugely important. My wife is certainly happy."

Federal Communications Minister Paul Fletcher said Love and Thunder will help maintain Australia's Hollywood-friendly image. He also said the film, which will be shot at Sydney's Fox Studios, could inject more than $178 million into the local economy.

"What I want to see is a vigorous, thriving film industry and opportunities being taken up by Australian crew and Australian film professionals," he said. "This facility here at Fox Studios is a very impressive, world-class facility and I think we're seeing a very powerful endorsement of that."

Ausfilm chief executive Debra Richards described Friday's news as "another incredible win" for the local screen industry. Love and Thunder will be the second Marvel film to be shot in Sydney next year, with Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings also coming to the New South Wales capital.

"International productions of this scale offer real job growth and career progression for Australians," she said. "Films like this can train-up and develop hundreds of people."

The announcement comes just weeks after it was revealed senior bureaucrats told the Morrison government its Hollywood incentive scheme is no longer competitive. Australia's standard location offset of 16.5 per cent is now "the lowest in the world", according to a high-level government briefing.

The offset, which sees international productions receive a tax rebate for coming to Australia, is well below the national incentives offered by countries such as New Zealand and the United Kingdom (20 to 25 per cent respectively).

As a result, the federal government has set up an additional $140 million funding pool called the location incentive. The Government is siphoning $24.1 million from that pool into Love and Thunder and says taxpayers will see a major return on the investment. But the location incentive hasn't satisfied everyone, with high-profile producers claiming the fund is a short-term fix and more needs to be done to support the local screen industry.

Kevin Feige Reveals Why Natalie Portman Returned for Thor: Love and Thunder

"We love the story -- it's one of the best comic runs recently," Feige recently explained to CNN. "[Director Taika Waitit] would flip through and read that run while he was doing Ragnarok. And I think when he agreed to come back and do another Thor, he was like, 'How do we--?' This is a very big movie that'll be folding in a lot of elements. That is a huge important part of it. He pitched it to us, and we were totally in. We loved it. We'd been in touch with Natalie. She's part of the MCU family and we put she and Taika together. It took one meeting and she agreed to do it."

Feige also explained the reasoning behind Marvel Studios' slate for Phase 4, hinting that it's teeing up an even grander plan for the future of the dominant, multi-billion dollar franchise.

"There always is [a bigger vision], and it sort of only comes into view for others as it all solidifies," Feige explained when asked about Phase 5 movies. "So ask me again at the end of 2021. But I will say, post Endgame, we were always about the new. We were always about doing what we always tried to do in Phase One, Two and Three, which is do a film of character you already know, [like] Black Widow, in a way that you don't expect."

They're always trying to "subvert expectations" these days, sometimes to a fault
Feel like our days of getting semi-faithful adaptations of comic stories ala Winter Soldier may be over... if 2019 Marvel made Winter Soldier they'd feel the need to change things much more significantly to throw the fans off

They're always trying to "subvert expectations" these days, sometimes to a fault
Feel like our days of getting semi-faithful adaptations of comic stories ala Winter Soldier may be over... if 2019 Marvel made Winter Soldier they'd feel the need to change things much more significantly to throw the fans off

Well, I do think Feige is correct in that they already had that mindset. The story adaptations they've made have mainly been quite different from the comic versions. Even in the first film they wrote the main character with a significantly different personality than the comic version (until the comics changed to fit that).

I'm curious to see who the advisary is going to be this time. The only one that comes to mind is Amora: The Enchantress!!!

I’m excited about them filming in Australia. Sometimes when we coax big productions down under we include a clause that they cast some local talent, just to help our not doing so great film industry.

If that happens I would love to see some people like Michael caton as beta ray bill

He’s kind of a legendary actor here or Jake Ryan as the wrecker

All i ask is they don't bring Darcy back. That idiot was annoying as hell in The Dark World. Just because Jane's involved doesn't mean Darcy should be back, too. Marvel knows people don't like the character.

When i first heard there was gonna be a Thor 4, i did wonder what the catch was gonna be. making a 4th movie seemed odd for Marvel.

But now I get it. its gonna be female Thors film. so its technically like a different project.

Iron man's daughter needs to become the next Iron man after spidey passes the torch to spider-women, and She hulk needs to enter too. :p

I mean with Hela in Ragnarok we never really saw her die though so that being said...with Asgard being destroyed imagine if Thor, his sister did come back? Not out of the realm of possibility and also Thor his brother Loki even though we know Loki is supposed to have his own spin off I wonder if he shows up in this too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"