Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

What an experience this was! I thoroughly enjoyed it.
There's nothing like it in the MCU and in parts it's almost experimental and from another era, both from the past and futuristic almost. There are some incredible stuff in this and other things that totally caught me off guard. It's simply unique, very different than anything else i've seen in comic book movies, let alone the MCU...

This film is so disarming in so many ways. Funny, heartfelt, action packed, insane visuals... all delivered in a very different way than Ragnarok or anything else in the MCU for that matter. I can easily see why some people where put off by the style because it's so out there and different that it's bond to alienate some people, me on the other hand genuinely enjoyed the ride and would happily see it again.

People have to experience it for themselves to understand what i'm talking about.
It's unique and special in its own right.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. I think we have had a pretty similar view on the Thor films this far so I take it as a good sign for myself on Sunday. Other than knowing that it's very humorous I'm going in trying to be open for whatever is going on.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. I think we have had a pretty similar view on the Thor films this far so I take it as a good sign for myself on Sunday. Other than knowing that it's very humorous I'm going in trying to be open for whatever is going on.
My best advice for anyone seeing it would be to keep an open mind. Keep with it, flow with the punches and don't give up on it, because it will eventually reward you and stay with you long after you finishing seeing it.

I was amazed with the sheer amount of Easter eggs and big nods to the comics in this. So much stuff, huge implications for Thor and the MCU’s future and stuff I never thought I’d see in the MCU… My jaw dropped a few times actually.

I was like a kid in a candy store. A few times I might have said out loud in the theater “Oh look its…”, one I particular blew me away, even though I had heard the name drop before but to actually see it was kind of mind blowing.

What an experience this was! I thoroughly enjoyed it.
There's nothing like it in the MCU and in parts it's almost experimental and from another era, both from the past and futuristic almost. There are some incredible stuff in this and other things that totally caught me off guard. It's simply unique, very different than anything else i've seen in comic book movies, let alone the MCU...

This film is so disarming in so many ways. Funny, heartfelt, action packed, insane visuals... all delivered in a very different way than Ragnarok or anything else in the MCU for that matter. I can easily see why some people where put off by the style because it's so out there and different that it's bond to alienate some people, me on the other hand genuinely enjoyed the ride and would happily see it again.

People have to experience it for themselves to understand what i'm talking about.
It's unique and special in its own right.
Really glad you enjoyed it. From our posts I think my Thor views usually align with yours so this is a good sign for me. :cool:

The serious moments are definitely not undercut by jokes. Except maybe in the very beginning. Yes, it’s a straight-up comedy, but when it gets emotional, it 100% lands, imo. I got far more emotion from this than Ragnarok.
Oh wow, that’s really great to hear. This is all I asked for from the comedy, just keep it away from the serious/emotional parts.

Ha, I said exactly the same just now. :funny:

The trailers have shown that there is going to be a ton of goofball humour and that’s fine as long as they nail everything else. Taika still has my faith after Ragnarok.

Release the Taika cut? Feige cut?

It truly wouldn't surprise me if there was a much better, more cohesive cut of this film.

It also wouldn't surprise me if there were fights or disagreements in the editing process, ie similar to Age of Ultron.

Good to hear you enjoyed it!

Apologies about my amateur dramatics yesterday! I was just a little ticked off to see the critical response being less enthusiastic than I'd hoped for. But hey, we all have to make up our own minds, right?

Hope I didn't cause too much misery for anyone!

Don't ever apologize for how you feel man!

I've been a part of many forums, as bad your behavior here yesterday doesn't scratch the surface of disruptive forum behavior!

Don't ever apologize for how you feel man!

I've been a part of many forums, as bad your behavior here yesterday doesn't scratch the surface of disruptive forum behavior!

Yeah I've seen much worse, that's why all I did was try to calm him down.

Seeing it tomorrow, my anticipation has always been pretty low. I think once I get in my seat I will get into it though.

Yeah I've seen much worse, that's why all I did was try to calm him down.

Thank you!

hulk.gif

Absolutely loved this movie!!!
May be the hype of the moment, but as of now I place it above Ragnarok (and that one's on my top 3).
:thor::thor::thor:

Not really a spoiler, but in tag just in case:
Nick Furry :hehe:
Wow, great to hear! Sounds like Taika gave a big MCU boost to you if you prefer this to Ragnarok and Ragnarok was already top 3 for you. Even if it’s equal to Ragnarok it would make Taika the best “solo” MCU film contributor for me.

For me personally it isn’t as good as Ragnarok which had a more cohesive vision. TLT is more irregular in its tonal approach, not because that jokes undercut the serious stuff, not at all actually, just because both the comedic and serious moments play out on their own and there isn’t much of a smooth quality to it as a whole, as Taika films tend to have.

But it does get gradually better as time goes by and peaks several times towards the end. The thing is that TLT is also a more introspective film of the human condition and that might not be for everyone specially if you expect a certain type of vibe. It’s a much more personal film in many ways, with the dramatic elements, Thor’s state of mind, the people that it chooses to focus on…

Sorry guys, really wanted to love this one, but it barely hit at all. Toothless, very underwritten and just tonally inconsistent. Baring in mind I felt the same about Ragnarok but even this felt like an even paler attempt to what that film tried to do.

Some decent moments and Bale was tremendous if not severely under-utilised. I feel if you really enjoyed Ragnarok (which most seem to do) they will definitely enjoy TLT, just wasn’t my bag I guess.

I’ve done a quick initial reaction review in the review thread but yeah I totally loved it! It could have done with more runtime/breathing room/bridging scenes but what was on screen was great.

I’ve done a quick initial reaction review in the review thread but yeah I totally loved it! It could have done with more runtime/breathing room/bridging scenes but what was on screen was great.

Great to hear it worked so well for you. It seems like it's a good chance that I'm in the group that this will work for.

I think it might be time for me to go dark on this until Sunday now. I've gotten enough reactions to it and I've still not watched any TV spots and remain unspoiled, despite accidentally clicking on the spoiler thread once (thankfully people were still tagging spoilers, despite not having to do that).

Release the Taika cut? Feige cut?

It truly wouldn't surprise me if there was a much better, more cohesive cut of this film.

It also wouldn't surprise me if there were fights or disagreements in the editing process, ie similar to Age of Ultron.

I don't think so
From what I gather based on interviews with everyone involved, it seems like any cut of the movie would be somewhat disjointed
It seems like Taika was completely let off the leash, to a point that they were filming anything and everything that popped in their heads

As an artist, sometimes it's beneficial to have guidelines and limitations to help you develop a vision of the project. Total creative freedom can go off the rails

So there may be better takes on certain scenes out there, but I think Taika and Marvel and the Editor put together the best movie they could from the abundance of material they had

I certainly don't believe there was studio interference like there was on AoU

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"