Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

Is she actually building up muscle though or just gaining weight at the moment? In another video she said that she's not really been muscle building yet because of COVID-19, so she's been good on loading up on carbs from eating, but not so much on exercising.

You seem obsessed with Natalie's physical condition! :)

I'm sure she'll be in shape by the time it comes around to filming.

You seem obsessed with Natalie's physical condition! :)

I'm sure she'll be in shape by the time it comes around to filming.

People were already talking about it so it was in response to that, not out of the blue. I just want to see her transformation into Thor from her regular appearance.

Awesome news. Maybe something in scope similar to a big team up movie kind of similar in scope to Civil War. In Feige own words:
“This is a very big movie that'll be folding in a lot of elements.”

We have a pretty good assemble of heroes already, some Avengers, Revengers, Guardians...

Thor
Mighty Thor
Valkyrie
Star Lord
Korg
Miek
Rocket
Groot

Now the question is who’s next to join the fold. I think a few more, Beta Ray Bill, Hulk...

EnUUf4hVoAAgJZu

Last edited:
Hems upper body looks like a muscle suit somehow. I just hope he dont get too massive. On the other hand, we will not see fat thor again I hope.

How are the chances that Adam get in here somehow? A reminder after GOTG2 would be good for the audience, I think.

https://www.mensjournal.com/style/chris-hemsworth-on-training-and-prep-for-thor-love-and-thunder/

And with Thor next year, we’re already doing a lot of strength work and power work and building muscle, but really concentrating on having it be functional too. So, incorporating swimming with it, incorporating functional movements.

The wheels are in motion for the next Thor, when did you start training for it?

I ruptured a couple of ligaments in my ankle, so we really had to alter the training. This was last month, so I’ve had to work around that and have it in a moonboot for a bit. But that’s actually starting to feel good now, so working with a great physio on directional change stuff and stressing the ankle in similar positions under a safe space, so that it can build up scar tissue in that movement. Not completely staying away from it, which I hadn’t worked with before.

Normally, in injury and tendon damage, you just stay right away and don’t touch it, which we did for a period of time, but he said it was just as important to get back and stress it in the same way just to build strength there again. We’ve been doing that, but again, I couldn’t swim properly, so I’d be swimming with a pool buoy, flotation device in between my knees. So, I could still do upper body and still get some sort of core movement workout.

Do you make it a point to recreate the physicality that you have in previous Thor movies? Or do you find yourself trying to adapt his look depending on the script?

Depending on what version of Thor we see, and we saw the different condition he was in in End Game. If I’m playing a healthy version of Thor, I want to step it up a notch and I’m definitely looking at evolving again. With all the muscle memory, you only look a certain way after years and years of doing it. There’s a different sort of density to your muscle mass.

This is something I say all the time, but I want to be able to have function to it. You can see people who just do strict body building, they move a certain way. There’s an impressive visual image there, but for me, it’s got to be agile and mobile and have flexibility to it. So, I like to think we’re all pretty excited that we’re ramping it up again and Ross is going to give me a hand with that. I’m in good hands.

I heard that you and director Taika Waititi have been having script meetings on the new one, Thor: Love and Thunder. Can we expect some big action?

For sure. Always! That is something that I said to Taika early on, because he’s so incredible with story, and character, and humor. And what was so amazing about Ragnarök was that it had all those elements, but I also heard from people that they loved the big action scenes. The opening with the Fire Giant, and the battle on the bridge. Those big cinematic, launch-off-the-screen experiences. So I really think it is about that fusion. The attention to all of the spaces. It is one of the funniest scripts I have read in years, and I have read a few. I haven’t been this excited for a long time.

I remember speaking to you when you first got the role of Thor, you were prepared to work, but did you ever see coming up on a decade of playing the character?

I couldn’t have seen this coming. I didn’t realize the health journey it was going to send me on. I wish I knew what I know now back then. I have learned how important those early years are for setting a foundation, and getting the mechanics right. Not stressing the parts of the body that people are usually stressing, the knees and the back. These days I feel healthier than I ever have and that has a lot to do with the abundance of people that I have interacted with. It is about staying open to new ideas, and not thinking you have all of the answers.

Last edited:
If the rumours are true and Groot is in fact in the movie, I just hope he is a fully grown peak Groot. I want to see a prime Groot in all his glory.

If the rumours are true and Groot is in fact in the movie, I just hope he is a fully grown peak Groot. I want to see a prime Groot in all his glory.
In the same interview Vin Diesel confirmed his appearance in TLT he also mentioned Alpha Groot. ;)

Hemsworth looks like a absolute unit. Looks like he is going the Hugh Jackman route of getting more jacked the longer he plays the superhero role.

Since there’s not much in terms of updates here’s something to think about. If the plot of TLT involves time travel then I wouldn’t be surprised if Idris Elba would have a small appearance.

Bale is playing Gorr the God Butcher.

[shallow cap on] Of course he’s playing a role where he can’t look normal. Of course. :o [/shallow cap off]

I wanna see him slaying a lot of gods from several races from the universe with the Necro Sword!

Couldn’t have asked for anything better than this!!

I’m just imagining some of those epic panels featuring Thor and Gorr coming to life. Some of the most beautifully done art I’ve ever seen. For those who know are interest in the character of Gorr do your guys a favor and read Jason Aaron’s epic runs featuring him. Legendary stuff. Look at that art!

thor-god-butcher-1.jpg

Last edited:
This is a pretty cool logo and I think I prefer this one. We have seen 2 so far but this one seems to be the official thing.

Eo-i6LqXIAEkj9h

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"