Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

The confirmed cast so far. Check out this line up!

Chris Hemsworth - Thor
Natalie Portman - Jane Foster
Christian Bale - Gorr the God Butcher
Tessa Thompson - Valkyrie
Taika Waititi - Korg
Jaimie Alexander - Sif
Chris Pratt - Star Lord
Vin Diesel - Groot
Bradley Cooper - Rocket
Pom Klementieff - Mantis
Matt Damon - ?

And i bet there's plenty more to come. I'll throw some other strong possibilites out there, Tom Hiddleston, Mark Ruffalo, Jeff Goldblum, Cate Blanchett, Idris Elba...

I'd even say there's a decent chance for Anthony Hopkins to show up again, even if it's just as a vision/ghost, like he did in Ragnarok.

We could get a version of this scene, where Odin welcomes Jane into Valhalla:

rfawdhcympb1csfdoiis.png

Natalie with blond hair looks wrong...

Matt Damon has played a horse before in Spirit so wouldn't be surprised if he's BRB
That needs to be the main priority when looking for an actor to play BRB. :hehe::up:

Blond Portman gives me a little bit vibes of Julia Roberts, I dont know why. I highly doubt we see Ruffalo here. She-Hulk and this will be very close to each other too.

I still wait for the confirmation about the role size of the Guardians here, so I doubt a Civil-War movie thing here. Thor(s) could be easy overshined here by them, even I would like a clever rival scenes between Hems and Pratt.

Blond Portman gives me a little bit vibes of Julia Roberts, I dont know why. I highly doubt we see Ruffalo here. She-Hulk and this will be very close to each other too.

I still wait for the confirmation about the role size of the Guardians here, so I doubt a Civil-War movie thing here. Thor(s) could be easy overshined here by them, even I would like a clever rival scenes between Hems and Pratt.
Yeah I can see a bit of Julia Roberts, a bit of Lily James too. I’m happy to see the Guardians here and I think the GA will like the continuation from the end of Endgame. Also noone’s outshining Thor. :cwink:

Regarding Ruffalo’s involvement he already hinted at that at least 2 times and he isn’t that great at keeping those MCU secrets. The proximity of the series could also mean it ties into TLT further adding to the speculation.

They have already claimed TLT to have an Avengers vibe, it’s also filming much longer than Ragnarok... I actually think this could be similar in scope to Civil War but in a more cosmic scale.

Also I don’t see Thor being over shined by the GOTG, just look at Infinity War... if anything it’s more the other way around.

Don’t know how legit this is but... Centenial Parklands in Sidney is supposedly being used as a location for filming.

Beautiful area with a ton of green spaces, amazing trees, lakes... idyllic landscape.

The sign reads:
The site is being temporarily used as a filming location for a major feature film and is currently closed to the public.

Centennial Parklands is one of the most _____ friendly locations in Sidney and is proud to support the Australian film industry.

I think it’s amusing how they advertise with giant words that it’s a “major film” shooting there, while the blockbuster sets I’ve stalked in the US do the exact opposite and try to do everything they can to downplay that fact to deter people from being interested. Like, their PA’s will literally tell people it’s a tiny indie film with no recognizable names. :funny:

picture-of-seinfeld-group-jumping-at-the-door-gif.gif

Awesome news! :D
It would be nice if there was a big casting announcement so we could get confirmation on some stuff and possibly some new additions.

Apparently CH has arrived in Sidney for filming.

if they really manage to get this filmed in the estimated time, I can see this swapping release date with DS2. Because the later could probably not return to production for months

Exclusive: Brie Larson Is In Thor Love And Thunder

“Giant Freaking Robot”
Never heard of this guys. But they claim to have this as a exclusive. Take it with a giant sized grain of salt.

“Giant Freaking Robot”
Never heard of this guys. But they claim to have this as a exclusive. Take it with a giant sized grain of salt.

That article seems designed to be fodder for the neckbeard incel manbabies who whinge on YouTube every day about how Brie Larson is a satan-worshipping child-murderer and who are already p***** off about them doing Jane-Thor. It's pure clickbait.

That being said, I would LOVE for Brie to show up in this just to see the reaction from the likes of Geeks and Gamers and Nerdrotic.

Yeah, but it’s not too far-fetched if Brie is in this.
Marvel wants her to be one of the leading figures now (especially after BP couldn’t be any more). They don‘t achieve that, if they‘ll show her in just her own movies and 15min in Endgame...

“Giant Freaking Robot”

Mhh interesting. That supports the galactic Civil War movie thing.

Is Gorr that powerful, that you need different Thors, Guardian of the Galaxy, Avengers to defeat him?
I do like the idea of getting as much characters as possible, but hope they‘re not overusing the usage of ensembles. This should be saved for the great events every 2-3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"