Thor News and Pics Thread: Impending Super Bowl Spot Edition - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are the international posters, which were much, much better.

Those posters were great but people were talking about the latest X-Men posters. The one Chewy said.

yea my only beef was the crotch head posters. Sorry for bringing it up yet again in another unrelated thread :/ didnt mean to start a whirlwind of chaos. (lets hope it doesnt turn into that)

dearrrrrrrrrrrrr baby jesus those posters kick the crap out of the newest Xmen ones. Just goes to show you the dedication and love or lakethereof studios have for their respected summer blockbusters :D

FOR ASGARD!
Eh, I think the international X-Men posters are better than these international Thor posters.

However, both US X-Men and Thor posters are awful. :csad:

Hmmm so international posters are good..... US posters are bad.... What does that say about Hollywood's attitude to American audiences? :p

The US Thor posters aren't awful, just bland.

other cultures have histories that go back through the enlightenment and renaissance or were effected by such. it's part of their architecture; so the people grow up with examples of "higher" artistic sensibilities and are used to them.

Hmmm so international posters are good..... US posters are bad.... What does that say about Hollywood's attitude to American audiences? :p
since international grosses are usually higher that US domestic grosses it's not surprising...:oldrazz:

Danalys said:
other cultures have histories that go back through the enlightenment and renaissance or were effected by such. it's part of their architecture; so the people grow up with examples of "higher" artistic sensibilities and are used to them.

Except for that whole 'American culture dominating the world'' thing. But apart from that, oh yeah, totally high culture. :p

Except for that whole 'American culture dominating the world'' thing. But apart from that, oh yeah, totally high culture. :p
well you've not realised why i put higher in quotes. you are aware of the term higher art aren't you? and popularity has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
Yes, I am. And I can see you're familiar with being condescending.

My point was that many international countries (Australia especially, where i am) have been so heavily influenced by American culture, that there is a shift in cultural values. And I don't know how you can say popularity has nothing to do with it since technically Popular Culture is the opposite of High Culture.

i'll happily be condescending to those who come at me belligerently because they didn't understand that to put a single word in quotes is to cast aspersions on the term. if you hadn't been belligerent i'd just have explained it.

popular culture hasn't eradicated "high" culture

I didn't say it had been 'eradicated'. And I wasn't being belligerent with you, I was actually mocking my own national culture, which I assumed I was able to do without someone being a jack ash.

I didn't say it had been 'eradicated'. And I wasn't being belligerent with you, I was actually mocking my own national culture, which I assumed I was able to do without someone being a jack ash.

well you'll have to excuse my rudeness as i'll excuse the rudeness i mistakenly if understandably gleaned from your post.

So you're excusing rudeness that wasn't rudeness at all? Lol. No worries dude, s'all good.

perception is more important than reality in such things.

cypher was correct. he just shouldn't have sold out his acquaintances.

Clearly, we come from two different worlds. In mine I get to look at my childrens face whilst you like with faceless kiddies and spinning tops that never stop.

we're more free in dreams than reality. the freedom is just for naught.

New poster:

Lame for the following reasons...

1. 'Courage is immortal' - is that the best tagline they could come up with in the years they have been working on this film?

2. Token black character on the poster. Something tells me Heimdall is not a major character in the film.

3. 'From the studio that bought you Iron Man'. Yeah, and The Dark Knight is from the studio that bought you Batman & Robin. Doesn't mean anything.

1: That's just nitpicky as all bad place. It is a cool tagline.
2: And so what if he isn't? He looks like a beast and his look could attract ordinary audiences.
3: Iron Man is a highly respected film and again, it'll attract people to see the movie.

1) Subjective

2) Speculative

3) Inaccurate.

Next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members