Thor News and Pics Thread: Impending Super Bowl Spot Edition - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
i damn well hope courage is immortal. nice motto i like it. i think pixar took a similar route with their films on the "from the studio that brought you ...."
as for heimdall i could see replacing him with sif being an option but not that big a deal.

Lame for the following reasons...

1. 'Courage is immortal' - is that the best tagline they could come up with in the years they have been working on this film?

2. Token black character on the poster. Something tells me Heimdall is not a major character in the film.

3. 'From the studio that bought you Iron Man'. Yeah, and The Dark Knight is from the studio that bought you Batman & Robin. Doesn't mean anything.

Man, quit eating the cereal with the urine in it.

Heimdall's on it cause he has a really fancy and shiny (ie eye-catching) costume, not because he's the 'token black character'.

1. 'Courage is immortal' - is that the best tagline they could come up with in the years they have been working on this film?

2. Token black character on the poster. Something tells me Heimdall is not a major character in the film.

3. 'From the studio that bought you Iron Man'. Yeah, and The Dark Knight is from the studio that bought you Batman & Robin. Doesn't mean anything.

Baby_laugh_scare.gif

I could watch that baby clip for hours and still find it just as funny.

Love the new posters :up:

I think they feature Heimdall prominently because they don't want to make it too obvious that Loki is the main villain. Just from looking at the posters you would think that both have a similarly large role and while Loki looks mischievous, Heimdall doesn't look exactly friendly either.

He also adds some diversity. And well, he looks plain awesome. Enough reasons for me.

Reasons Heimdall is on the poster:

-Elba is the most famous actor outside Portman and Hopkins
-Heimdall and Loki are the only characters outside Odin/Thor with ornate headgear that can be shown off
-Heimdall's role in the film is one that is consistently relevant even when he's not on screen

Plus he just looks cool

The Cap one looks good.

The Thor one looks, I dont know. The graphics look pretty dookie. As for the overall game, I dont know.

Thor will end up being bad. But kids would probably love it because I loved all the movie licensed games as a kid.

Cap looks like it could be good but might be average.

Do you think it'd be a more enjoyable experience to get a violent stomach flu, or to play the SEGA Thor game?

Reasons Heimdall is on the poster:

-Elba is the most famous actor outside Portman and Hopkins

That's still not saying much. I doubt the GA knows who the hell he is.

Also, Sikyon was right when he said it adds diversity. I just think it's weird considering he's not a major player.

Well, there aren't really any "major" players outside of the other four. It could've been Skarsgard, but he isn't as visually interesting. Sif and the Warriors Three are basically always together, so it would be weird to show one and not the other three on the poster. Feore as Laufey was a possibility, and so was the Destroyer.

Do you think it'd be a more enjoyable experience to get a violent stomach flu, or to play the SEGA Thor game?
I don't care as long as there's a Thor game really. :woot:

Also, Sikyon was right when he said it adds diversity. I just think it's weird considering he's not a major player.

Heh, I'm a she but I guess you can't tell from my username :woot:

I think the game trailer looks actually decent enough but I won't be getting it since I seem to be the only person left to play games exclusively on the PC.

FRIday
FRIday
The trolls come out on FRIday

Which completely wrong position will I take?

I think another route they are going with "the studio that brought you" is to tie the movies together even moreso. Especially for the GA who maybe dont know that eventually Cap Thor IM will be in a movie together.

ThorPic.JPG

As an aside, it's amusing to note that Thor is doing the "Iron Man" pose in the newest poster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"