Thor News and Pics Thread: Impending Super Bowl Spot Edition - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see him punching with his Asgardian strength though.

Foolish mortal doctors, your skilled application of knowledge to help people is no match for the Mighty Thor!

I hope we get to see Thor take a few licks in Asgard and shrug them off. That would provide a nice counterpoint to the taser scene. Back when he was a god, he could take punches from frost giants. Now that he's human, he folds like a bad poker hand from a taser. :)
I agree, just to show what can take him out WITH his powers a scene or two against the Frost Giants or even Destroyer.

Thor: You know what the difference is between a God and a doctor? I don't think i'm a doctor *PUNCH*

Were there any displays of his punching power in the trailer? I hope to see him sending things flying with his fists and not use Mjlolnir for everything.

I'd like to see that, too. However, based on everything I've seen so far, I don't think we'll see Thor displaying any feats of strength that don't require him to use Mjolnir. I think every hit he makes in his film and even in the Avengers against The Hulk, will show him strike with Mjolnir.

I suspect the lion's share of his feats will be with Mjolnir too. But I hope we get a couple shots of him punching stuff, if only to show that even when he's hitting things with Mjolnir, it's his own strength that's making them fly 20 feet into the air, not some magical property of the hammer.

No way... Every good fight scene has a section where either the hero, the villain or both lose their weapons. I think it's almost a given we'll see him brawling with Loki hand to hand, just as i'm certain we will see shieldless combat with Cap and Red Skull, just like we saw Stark fight Stane minus helmet and working repulsor.

I'd love to read a newspaper in the MCU after Thor takes place... It'd just be people freaking out. "12 months ago things were normal, now we've got millionaires fighting terrorism with DIY weaponry, giant green monsters, some kind of Jesus type lightning guy fighting a laser shooting robot and now they found Captain America still alive in a block of ice. WTF is going on?!?!?!?!

The comic version of that is basically what the Marvels series is all about. :)

A news report or something would be nice as an extra on the Thor or Cap Blu-Ray.

tumblr_lgxj5vNUq61qfrgeho1_r1_400.gif

Kenneth, where are thou official posters?!!! *Just kidding, omnomnom*. For example, Iron Man 2 had 5 brand new posters in March, I'm expecting the same (maybe even more) from Thor in March.

From what he said he really ate like a horse to keep his muscle mass up. Thats probably not to far off from reality. :woot:

Were there any displays of his punching power in the trailer? I hope to see him sending things flying with his fists and not use Mjlolnir for everything.

I'd like to see that, too. However, based on everything I've seen so far, I don't think we'll see Thor displaying any feats of strength that don't require him to use Mjolnir. I think every hit he makes in his film and even in the Avengers against The Hulk, will show him strike with Mjolnir.

Well, Chewy said that in the script Thor fights the Frost Giants without Moljnir for a little while. He also said he's going to fight Loki without the hammer for some time as well.

Thanks Carlo, I'm getting a good feeling from all of these "stunt men" interviews that THOR is gonna have quite a few "mind blowing" fight sequences.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"