Thor News and Pics Thread: Impending Super Bowl Spot Edition

Discussion in 'Thor' started by Chewy, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vartha Mod of Thunder

No they don't. At least it wasn't in the leaked script, but I doubt they'll add that in the first film.

2. Gamma Burst Registered

Man.. Is this trailer awesome or what?!

3. steintym Stay Frosty

The creation of Mjolnir would be something cool to include if they have some sort of montage scene going during the title sequence.

Everything that comes out for this movie looks cool.

4. Vartha Mod of Thunder

INDEED it is! Asgard gets better and better! lol

5. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Mjolnir's creation seems like something they could leave for a sequel if they're dealing with something specifically related to its creation in the plot. For the first movie, it's enough to convey that Mjolnir is a super-powerful weapon that Thor earned through valor and nobility or whatever.

Put it this way: There are a lot of things it'd be cool to see on-screen, but Branagh's only got so much time. Gotta maintain a solid focus on what's really important to the plot, otherwise the movie will just meander and devolve into a series of cool but unconnected scenes.

6. JDym Registered

it was in the way different 2007 draft, much more LOTR-esque

7. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

It just doesn't seem germaine to the story I'm seeing in the trailers. The final movie's story seems to be about Thor's hubris, a culture-clash between Asgard and Earth via Thor's fall, and Thor reclaiming his nobility and heroism by bonding with Earth and protecting humanity. The forging of Mjolnir doesn't seem to have much to do with any of that.

8. conan69 Cimmerian

I loved the Asgard scenes, the earth scenes were ok (theyre just quicks clips so Ill have to hold off judgment until I see the movie).

9. Wolvieboy17 Believe it!

I thought the earth clips seemed great, and I really like the contrast between Asgard and Midgard. It's going to be truly awesome once Thor earns back his armour and is wearing it on Earth for the first time. I can't wait!

10. steintym Stay Frosty

That's a scene I can't wait to see, Thor regaining Mjolnir, armor and Asgardian abilities. Everyone looking on realizing this dude is for real.

11. Carlo Comicus Registered

Yes, I think it's one of the Frost giants.

12. R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

then I'd ask him something about his make-up. Was it comfortable? How long did it take to put it on? Oh, and ask him about Natalies phone nr.!

13. Chewy REDACTED

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/02/18/thor-director-kenneth-branagh-exclusive/

14. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

15. JDym Registered

the one thing im glad they got across is the 'is this guy nuts?' thing. sure, fish out of water might've been done a ton, but the is he/isn't he thing is lifted from the comics and totally appropriate for the story coming to Earth

16. JDym Registered

also, we know the frost giants have gotten bigger since the initial trailer, but has The Destroyer been enhanced as well?

17. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

The Destroyer is completely CG in most of its scenes, so I imagine they would've gotten all the effects work done at once with it. There's no actor in a suit to touch up or make bigger like they did with the frost giants, as far as I'm aware.

18. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

[​IMG]

Yeah, they're bigger. Thor looks like he's hobbit-sized next to them. Still no indications that we'll be seeing anything like a 100ft giant or anything(well, except that frost giant beast) but who knows. The giants here look to be about 10-12ft tall.

19. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I liked the part with Thor smashing the mug and wanting more coffee

#994 chamber-music, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  20. Whiskey Tango Registered

This is pretty reasonable. Early on I was disappointed, thinking they were only gong to be like 7 or 8 feet tall. These guys are pretty big without being crazy huge.

Maybe we'll get the giant 50' icicle Ymir someday but in the meantime these dudes look big enough.

21. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

Also glad to know the scope of how many people who dwell in Asgard is adressed. In the previous trailer, Asgard might've only had a population of 50 or so people for all we could tell. Here, Odin's throne room looks big enough that you could fit the Superdome into it with room to spare.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

What's funny is despite their size, when he hits them(especially the one on the bottom pic), the giant goes flying away about as fast as a bullet out of a gun. You really have to slow the trailer down to even really see it well.

23. Whiskey Tango Registered

Haha yeah they really expanded the throne room. I'd hate to be one of the poor bastards near the bottom of the pic. Talk about the cheap seats!

24. Gamma Burst Registered

Well, the guy with the hammer is pretty strong.:oldrazz:

25. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

Also, here's a query for all you Thor fans:

In the Asgard pic above, what's the floating building all about? Is it mentioned in the comics? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.