Thor News and Pics Thread: Impending Super Bowl Spot Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would anyone be bothered about it?

It's an action/story device that's been done over and over again. Just a little cheesy. i don't think
odin had to be three or four words away from making Thor king in order to push the drama of the Frost Giant invasion

Well, he didn't had to but it's a way to get that exposition done quickly. I agree that it's been done tons of times but it's one trophe that actually works and doesn't seem ******ed.

I mean, it's not a deus ex machina or a plothole...

Yeah it just doesn't bother me. To ME it's just a quick simple way to introduce everyone involved in the movie and show those movie goers not familiar with Thor and the rest of the Asgardians.

Well, he didn't had to but it's a way to get that exposition done quickly. I agree that it's been done tons of times but it's one trophe that actually works and doesn't seem ******ed.

I mean, it's not a deus ex machina or a plothole...

Agreed.

It's an action/story device that's been done over and over again. Just a little cheesy. i don't think
odin had to be three or four words away from making Thor king in order to push the drama of the Frost Giant invasion
Kind of makes Odin come off like a really bad judge of character, but I don't mind it.

No, [BLACKOUT]Frost Giants show up to steal the casket of Ancient Winters when Odin is a few words from naming Thor king.[/BLACKOUT] Doesn't really have anything to do with Odin's judgement of character.

And Thor dispatches them with his "nuclear" lightning blast, indicating that he lacks the humility and self-control to be a just ruler and leading to his banishment. So Odin was going to name him king without noticing this ever-so-slightly monumental character flaw.

No, [BLACKOUT]Frost Giants show up to steal the casket of Ancient Winters when Odin is a few words from naming Thor king.[/BLACKOUT] Doesn't really have anything to do with Odin's judgement of character.
I agree, tho Corpy doesn't want to be spoiled lol it's rough telling him about it without giving away to much. lol

Looking more closely at the pic, it looks like you put that lightning piece into that part by his left Arm.

Yeah I think you are right. Some kind of crazy "lightning weapon" :woot:.
I hope pictures of the other 10" figures come up as soon as possible.

More importantly, when Thor's position as King is stolen from him just as he's about to get it, that adds a lot of drama and makes his story a little more interesting.

And Thor dispatches them with his "nuclear" lightning blast, indicating that he lacks the humility and self-control to be a just ruler and leading to his banishment. So Odin was going to name him king without noticing this ever-so-slightly monumental character flaw.
True, true. But it's not like his other son doesn't have his own massive character issues to deal with. Odin doesn't exactly have much to work with.

Yeah I think you are right. Some kind of crazy "lightning weapon" :woot:.
I hope pictures of the other 10" figures come up as soon as possible.
I'm glad they did that tho, I wouldn't want a hole in the top of Mjolnir. :D

True, true. But it's not like his other son doesn't have his own massive character issues to deal with. Odin doesn't exactly have much to work with.
Fair enough. I thought Loki was supposed to be a model child in the movie up until he learns that he's actually a runt giant, though.

was i intending to stir up the pot just a weeee bit for the spoilerific crowd in light of the lack of new images/trailers? maybe :yay:

even still, i'm by no means a great writer or anything, but i'm annoyed at the trope

hahaha Right?

Tho Loki didn't even KNOW what he was until the Jotunheim "visit" and he still had that jealous streak. Makes me wonder why Odin never told him in the first place. I like the way the way they did that part of "adopting" Loki over the comic version.

Some more Hot Toys pictures:
6a853733jw6ddwwkdh5fsj.jpg

6a853733jw6ddwwjspyfuj.jpg

6a853733jw6ddwwk40if3j.jpg

was i intending to stir up the pot just a weeee bit for the spoilerific crowd in light of the lack of new images/trailers? maybe :yay:

even still, i'm by no means a great writer or anything, but i'm annoyed at the trope
[BLACKOUT]It may have been intentional by Loki. Not that it happened mid-sentence, but that it happened mid-ceremony. He knew that it would enrage Thor and he could convince him to go to Jotunheim.[/BLACKOUT]

Fair enough. I thought Loki was supposed to be a model child in the movie up until he learns that he's actually a runt giant, though.
He was to a point but like Kenneth said there's still that sibling rivalry

hahaha Right?

Tho Loki didn't even KNOW what he was until the Jotunheim "visit" and he still had that jealous streak. Makes me wonder why Odin never told him in the first place. I like the way the way they did that part of "adopting" Loki over the comic version.

well
Thor is the older brother, so the throne would go to him first anyway, correct?

Also, it may be a good idea to make a script discussion/super-spoiler thread so that those who don't want the spoilers don't have to stumble upon them in this thread.

Also, it may be a good idea to make a script discussion/super-spoiler thread so that those who don't want the spoilers don't have to stumble upon them in this thread.
Good Idea

[BLACKOUT]It may have been intentional by Loki. Not that it happened mid-sentence, but that it happened mid-ceremony. He knew that it would enrage Thor and he could convince him to go to Jotunheim.[/BLACKOUT]

that is a very good point.

and i agree about the separate thread, though can we face any trouble discussing this stuff openly?

saying this reminds me strangely of a funny bit from Arrested Development:

Lucille 2: Buster, do you remember when we were kissing last night?
Buster: It was a wild, wild ride. But is this something we can do? Is this something society will allow?

No trouble, but there is a divide between those who wish to be completely spoiled by the script leak and those who don't mind a few spoilers in the course of normal discussion. A separate thread specifically to discuss the script would probably be the most considerate option for your fellow posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"