Thor News and Pics Thread: Oklahoma Edition

Discussion in 'Thor' started by Chewy, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TikkiEXX Registered

that poster is kinda nice. is it me or is there a guy in a business suit in there somewhere? Lokis disguise maybe? and Son of Thunder,s Thor costume is off the chains!!! awesome work!

2. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Guy in the suit is a SHIELD agent.

3. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I was very disappointed to not get a Thor trailer when I saw TRON: Legacy last night. Anyone else miss out on it at their showings? It was even more annoying for me because I got a Green Lantern and a Green Hornet trailer. Apparently Thor is the only upcoming superhero that didn't rate a spot. :argh:

4. MadVillainy C'mon Son

I got Green Hornet and Thor. Neither looked good in 3D but overall they still look like good movies

I have yet to see the GL trailer on the big screen

5. Michael Frost Frozen Still

It's Agent Coulson.

6. WarBlade Registered

From what I've seen, there is a lot of Disney trailer content being pushed for it and there are only so many trailers we can put on. Thor is a long way off too, so it's further back in the line behind other trailer considerations.

7. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

None of that really matters to me. I just want to see Thor's trailer in 3D. :o

8. daderade Registered

The Thor trailer is finally on XBox Live. it looks GREAT on my TV

9. Crimson King Superhero Novelista

Awesome! I'll check it out tonight.

10. WarBlade Registered

The 2D version is better.

11. Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

I thought Green Hornet's trailer's 3D looked really good and showed there can be good post-conversion but they didn't show Thor and I was sad.

12. Whiskey Tango Registered

Mayhap thou shouldst plunder and pillage yon concession stands until their paymasters yield and proudly display the previews of the Odinson?

13. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I won't know that's true for me until I actually see it in 3D. Stupid TRON trailer-picker. :cmad:

14. Hush Wee Little Puppet Man

http://movies.ign.com/articles/114/1140914p1.html

Most interesting paragraph: Marvel told IGN during our visit to the Thor set that the Asgardians in the film are, as they are in the Earth X comics, actually aliens rather than gods. They visited earth in the ancient past, where their culture, language, beliefs and customs influenced the development of certain human civilizations, such as the Vikings

Has this been reported yet?

15. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Well, that's f***ing stupid. They should've kept it ambiguous.

16. Whiskey Tango Registered

The other set visits mentioned that the Asgardians influenced Viking culture but said nothing about calling them out specifically as aliens. I think that's an assumption on IGN's part.

But it doesn't matter. Even if they're from a magical fairy dimension they still count as aliens.

17. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

F*** that, they're gods as far as I'm concerned. I refuse to think of them as mere aliens.

18. The_Mighty_Thor Stay thy hand troll!

Even if they were from mexico they would still be aliens here! Nobody ever said gods had to originate on earth!

19. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

20. wobbly Occasional Scribbler

I'm hoping they leave it ambiguous too. Put enough in so it's up the each veiwer how they want see them, as either Gods or advanced ET's. Some genuine magic, something not even the most fervent sci-fi fan can easily pseudo science an explanation for, would help there as well.

Not sure how they are presenting Asgard yet (they could have opted for a planet rather the big 'Asteroid' we know from the books) but I hope they at least have Asgard on a different plane of reality, rather than some other planet in the same universe. That's another thing to separate them from being just another bunch of ET's. When they talk about the Frost Giant scene in the trailer being on an 'Ice Planet' though (that Thor literally destroys) I guess they might be going for the 'galaxy far far away route'.

21. BigThor God of Thunder

Same here, that alien bullsh** ain't gonna fly with me either

22. thjan Registered

Yeah, I'm hoping for that too.

Yep, that would be great.

Thankfully from what we have heard so far it sure looks like Asgard is going to be on another plane of reality. One of Natalie Portman's descriptions of Jane Foster certainly seems to support that-

Natalie: My character is working on this theory of connecting dimensions. There was an Einstein theory, a long time ago, where you could connect dimensions through the warping of time and space. Thor obviously comes from another dimension, so he is this missing piece to her scientific inquiry. Everyone thinks she’s on the fringe of science and that she’s this kook, so this is her opportunity to prove herself.

Above Natalie quote from - http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=20613

Yeah, I refuse to think of them as plain old aliens too. Still, if they absolutely must label them in the movie, I would be satisfied with them being other dimensional beings on a higher level than humanity(not as good as gods, but a lot better than aliens from another planet). Like was said above the best thing would be for them to leave it ambiguous though.

23. Whiskey Tango Registered

Well they've been saying for years that the idea was that audiences would be left without any definite answers as to whether they're actual deities or mere hi-tech super-powered other-dimensional beings so I'm not worried about it personally. It's not like they're going to have Marvin the Martian running around in Asgard (however awesome that might be!).

24. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Indeed! Marvin showing up in the background or in a Asgardian runic inscription in one of Odin's tombs would rock. :D

25. MadVillainy C'mon Son

This x1000000000000000000

Really? I didnt think GH looked that good in 3D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.