Thor News and Pics Thread: Oklahoma Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather they be called "gods" over aliens by far. Thor is the "God of Thunder" not the "Alien of Thunder".

To me it's just a name...........i.e. it's Superman, but he is a Superalien.

Argued this much earlier.....it really boils down to what Asgardians consider themselves to be. I don't think they would refer to themselves as gods(I believe that to be problematic), however it's what the Norse believed them to be. They considered Thor to be the God of Thunder, and there is no reason why when he returns to earth that name wouldn't stick, perhaps somewhat to his dislike.

I prefer them to be extra-dimensional, where the rules are different, to them inhabiting our universe.

I'm getting a real "Stargate" vibe from the tech/magic thing.

And that's awesome-sauce. Ra was extra cool in that. Didn't really matter if he wasn't a real sun "god".

Yeah but Thor looked like the Roswell alien in the series!:cmad:

Nice, tho I don't see why Sega just doesn't place these on one site instead for snapping pics place scans.
I mean from what they said we were supposed to see a huge amount of stuff, and hardly anything's out there.

Argued this much earlier.....it really boils down to what Asgardians consider themselves to be. I don't think they would refer to themselves as gods(I believe that to be problematic), however it's what the Norse believed them to be. They considered Thor to be the God of Thunder, and there is no reason why when he returns to earth that name wouldn't stick, perhaps somewhat to his dislike.

I prefer them to be extra-dimensional, where the rules are different, to them inhabiting our universe.

I would guess they will play it down for the movie, ie: Thor & co will not strut around declaring they are Gods. However, in the comics they certainly do regard themselves as Gods.

Hard to tell, but it does look like he's airborn.

well pretty much every God that we have in real life so to speak is represented in the Marvel Universe. Egyptian. African, Native American, Inuit. plus a ton i cant remember. heck, Heaven and Hell even exist in the Marvel U. just ask Ghostrider. lol. well Ghostriders i guess since theres two now. haha. Marvel released a TPB a while back called the Encyclopedia Mythologica or something like that. it breaks down all the individual Gods and how it all got started. great read.

well pretty much every God that we have in real life so to speak is represented in the Marvel Universe. Egyptian. African, Native American, Inuit. plus a ton i cant remember. heck, Heaven and Hell even exist in the Marvel U. just ask Ghostrider. lol. well Ghostriders i guess since theres two now. haha. Marvel released a TPB a while back called the Encyclopedia Mythologica or something like that. it breaks down all the individual Gods and how it all got started. great read.
A lot of them were introduced in Thor's comic, too--most notably Hercules. :)

A lot of them were introduced in Thor's comic, too--most notably Hercules. :)

Speaking of which, I hope the Olympians are introduced in Thor 2 or 3. Maybe it could be the start of how the Avengers roster changes when the actors feel tired of the series. For instance, Herc could take Thor's place as the Avenger's resident god in Avengers 3 or 4.

Speaking of which, I hope the Olympians are introduced in Thor 2 or 3. Maybe it could be the start of how the Avengers roster changes when the actors feel tired of the series. For instance, Herc could take Thor's place as the Avenger's resident god in Avengers 3 or 4.

I don't think Hercules or any of the Olympians should be brought into live action by Marvel. I say that because the Olympians are already far too well known outside of the MAU to be accepted as Marvel characters by the GA (ie. GoW & Hercules franchise).

I also don't think Beta Ray should be included in any of the Thor films, because that would take away the uniqueness of Thor. It would also be too similar to Iron Man & War Machine in IM2.

Last edited:
anybody think the Eternals will show up eventually in a Marvel Movie? since i guess theyre connected to all the God stuff in the Marvel U i wouldnt mind them being mentioned or brought up. i dont think they need any screen time or anything tho.

I don't think Hercules or any of the Olympians should be brought into live action by Marvel. I say that because the Olympians are already far too well known outside of the MAU to be accepted as Marvel characters by the GA (ie. GoW & Hercules franchise).

I also don't think Beta Ray should be included in any of the Thor films, because that would take away the uniqueness of Thor. It would also be too similar to Iron Man & War Machine in IM2.

I'm in complete agreement with you on both counts.

Besides the Thor comics have more than enough awesome stuff for future movies(Balder, Hela, Surter, Mangog, Karnilla, Enchantress, Skurge, The Enchanters, Tyr, Thialfi, Fafnir, ect) that they don't need to resort to using knockoffs and other pantheons(which I think would also take away from Thor and the Asgardian's uniqueness).

QFT. :up:

What does QTF mean?

I also wish they would've saved War Marchine for Iron Man 3, even though IM2 worked out pretty well. In my opinion it just kind of felt like he took a little away from what made Iron Man unique.

Last edited:
Qft means Quote for truth. and that means that he really really agrees with what that guy said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"