Thor News and Pics thread Premier edition:I need a Horse!

Discussion in 'Thor' started by Thread Manager, May 23, 2011.

1. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Watching some of the deleted scene's I really wish that a couple of them would have been left in, Loki and Thor before the coronation, as well as Frigga and Thor before the coronation and Loki telling the guard about them going to Jotunheim should have all been kept in for me and that would have given the movie a perfect run-time because at the moment I feel it is a tad too short.

2. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

I really don't understand why they took out the scene with the helmets before the coronation.

3. Quasimod0

Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

That was the best deleted scene. It was a tad slow though. I can see why they wanted to just get right into the excitement. Plus that wouldve been a lame introduction to adult thor. I liked his intro into the coronation.

4. Gamma Burst

Gamma Burst Registered

THOR Beats THE DARK KNIGHT RISES As The Most Talked About Movie On Twitter In 2011

Twitter has released their "Year In Review" of the most talked about topics and hashtags, and THOR has come out on top with The Dark Knight Rises and a couple of other comic book movies all making up the top five.
    In their "Year In Review" covering the topics which were most talked about on Twitter during 2011, Marvel Studios and Kenneth Branagh's THOR has come out on top. Despite filming for The Avengers taking place throughout the summer and the release of a trailer and character banners, both that and the much hyped Amazing Spider-Man failed to make the cut. Shockingly, neither Captain America: The First Avenger or Green Lantern appear on the list.

http://yearinreview.twitter.com/en/hottopics.html

5. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

VERY Cool lol

6. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Very cool, I hope this helps THOR 2 become even more successful than the first film.

7. Gamma Burst

Gamma Burst Registered

Yeah, it's cool to see how pupular it became, specially some characters of his universe, like Loki, who's getting a big following.

8. Gamma Burst

Gamma Burst Registered

9. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Registered

lmao you should go post this in the batman forums

10. Gamma Burst

Gamma Burst Registered

I wouldn't dare! Also, I wanna keep my sanity.:D

11. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

That's great!! I'd rather frolic through Hades than venturing in to the Bat boards.

12. Gamma Burst

Gamma Burst Registered

through Hel!Don't forget you're on the Thor boards.:)

13. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

14. steintym

steintym Stay Frosty

You'd have to leave a little bit of your soul behind when you leave.

15. Gamma Burst

Gamma Burst Registered

IMDB’S “STARMETER TOP 100 OF 2011″
    Posted by Rachel on January 2nd, 2012
    Filed in News & Gossip
    IMDB recently announced the list of Top 100 Stars for 2011. These STARmeter rankings were not based upon critical assessments or box-office performance by the actual page views of the more than 110 million monthly unique users of IMDb.com and IMDb’s leading mobile apps.
    So who topped the list? Natalie Portman! The Thor and Black Swan actress was the most viewed actress of 2011. But fear not fan! Chris made the top 10 coming in at a respectful, #5!
    1. Natalie Portman
    2. Mila Kunis
    3. Johnny Depp
    4. Emma Stone
    5. Chris Hemsworth
    6. Olivia Wilde
    7. Jennifer Lawrence
    8. George Clooney
    9. Ryan Gosling
    10. Christian Bale

:D

16. Lady Marion

Lady Marion It's all in the swing

Wow, thats cool! Congrats to Chris! :word:

17. HighFivingMF

HighFivingMF Welp.

Portman and Kunis topped the list? I wonder why...

18. The_Mighty_Thor

The_Mighty_Thor Stay thy hand troll!

I realise it's Portman and Hemsworth but Jane Foster being more popular than Thor is just wrong!:cmad:

19. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

.....I'm sure being on top of Thor in Portman's case has an advantage. :D

20. Gamma Burst

Gamma Burst Registered

It's Loki vs. Thor for the BAFTA Orange Rising Star Award
    By Gregory Ellwood WEDNESDAY, JAN 11, 2012 2:48 PM

BAFTA announced the five candidates for the always popular BAFTA Orange Wednesdays rising star award this year and the publicly voted honor features a face-off between the God of Mischief, the God of Thunder, a "Bridesmaids" star and a one-week lover of Marilyn Monroe.

If that wasn't enough hints at the all-male field (a rarity), this year's candidates are Tom Hiddleston, Chris Hemsworth, Chris O'Dowd, Adam Deacon and Eddie Redmayne. Deacon is likely the least well known among American moviegoers, but he's made a name for himself in the UK with "Anuvahood."

Previous winners include James McAvoy in 2006, Eva Green in 2007, Shia LaBeouf in 2008, Noel Clarke in 2009 and Kristen Stewart in 2010. Tom Hardy was last year's recipient.

Movie fans can vote online here or via text (international charges no doubt apply). The winner will be announced at the star-studded Orange British Academy Film Awards on Sunday, February 12.

The rest of this year's BAFTA Orange Awards nominees will be announced on Tuesday, January 17.

Here's more info on each candidate from the British Academy.

ADAM DEACON - Hackney-born Adam rose to fame in Noel Clarke’s KIDULTHOOD, before reprising the role in the follow-up ADULTHOOD and again working with Clarke in 4321. Adam then went onto make his own mark on the film industry by co-writing, directing and starring in Brit comedy and box office success ANUVAHOOD.

CHRIS HEMSWORTH - Australian actor Chris became an overnight success after landing the title role in film version of the Marvel comic THOR and he will reprise the role in THE AVENGERS next year. Chris is next starring in SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN opposite Kirsten Stewart and Charlize Theron and will play Formula One driver James Hunt in Ron Howard’s RUSH.

CHRIS O’DOWD - Chris began his career in the cult comedy series THE IT CROWD before breaking into film with roles including THE BOAT THAT ROCKED, GULLIVER’S TRAVELS and hugely successful BRIDESMAIDS. Chris will next be seen in Judd Apatow’s THIS IS 40 alongside Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann.

EDDIE REDMAYNE - After receiving much critical acclaim on the West End and Broadway stage Eddie burst onto the film scene in MY WEEK WITH MARILYN alongside Michelle Williams, Dame Judy Dench and Kenneth Branagh. He recently finished filming BIRDSONG the BBC adaptation of the acclaimed novel by Sebastian Faulks and will soon be starring in the film version of the musical LES MISÉRABLES.

TOM HIDDLESTON - RADA graduate Tom broke onto the big screen earlier this year in Kenneth Branagh's THOR. Tom’s recent projects include Woody Allen’s film MIDNIGHT IN PARIS, Steven Spielberg’s WAR HORSE, and THE DEEP BLUE SEA opposite Rachel Weisz. Tom has recently finished filming THE AVENGERS which is due for release in May 2012.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/awards-...s-thor-for-the-bafta-orange-rising-star-award

21. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

lol yeah that and other things. lol Tho that's like stirring up a bee's nest

22. ddddeeee

ddddeeee Registered

Branagh is talking about Thor on Graham Norton right now. Completely gushing over Hemsworth. :awesome:

23. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Awesome, the man deserves his props for the amazing performance he gave us in THOR.

24. Gamma Burst

Gamma Burst Registered

25. The_Mighty_Thor

The_Mighty_Thor Stay thy hand troll!