Thor News and Pics thread Premier edition:I need a Horse!

Discussion in 'Thor' started by Thread Manager, May 23, 2011.

1. steintym

steintym Stay Frosty

I'd have a hard time picking between the two, loved them both. I'm just they nailed both characters.

2. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Well Captain America was set in World War II and it's director is far more accustomed to action movies.

Oh and that "montage" of action clips in Cap wasn't really that satisfying or spectacular.

3. Wolvieboy17

Wolvieboy17 Believe it!

For me, it takes a lot more than action scenes to be effective.

Cap had a lot of action, but as a montage and without any real emotional investment behind it, it's basically just cool looking choreography. No fight/action scene in Cap matched the emotional and engaging intensity of Thor and Loki confronting each other at the end of the film, which was a real bummer. Especially when Bucky died or the Red Skull fight, there just wasn't any emotional weight behind it, until AFTER the Red Skull fight.

4. Marvel Spider

Marvel Spider An Insomniac.

Just saw the first TV spot for the DVD/ Blu-Ray on TV. Bring it on!

5. Kryptonian Warrior

Kryptonian Warrior The Dawn Is Upon Us

I watched THOR at least 4 times over the weekend, and it never gets old. The only knock against the movie, that I can think of, would be that from the time of his banishment to the time of his enlightenment seemed to only take place within a few days. Other than that, the visuals, the soundtrack, and the story (as a whole) was very well done. I just really hope that they cover what happened to [BLACKOUT] Loki after he fell from the Rainbow Bridge.[/BLACKOUT]

6. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Yeah I hope they do as well KW. I mean for Loki to appear without ANY explination would be a bit lame.

lol not long now until the dvd's out!!!

7. rashad

rashad Hype Board Junkie

8. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Registered

This might be a really dumb q but what is up with the bluray + dvd sets? Is there a dvd copy on the bluray disc, or an extra disc? Why would I need or want a dvd copy if I have a bluray player?

I'm gonna have to buy it for the special features aren't I?

9. rashad

rashad Hype Board Junkie

1 Blu-ray disc, 1 DVD disc + Digital Copy. I've always thought the Blu-ray/DVD combo pack was great. My PS3 is my Blu-ray player but it's convenient to have a DVD copy for other players in the house. It also saves from having to rebuy it later on. And yes with Blu-ray being the lead format it will have all the major special features.

10. Sam Fisher

Sam Fisher Heavy Meddle

Yup, and I like the digital copy so I can take it on the go.

11. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Yeah my thoughts exactly Sam. It helps not having to remember everything on the go or at work lol :D

12. Marvel Spider

Marvel Spider An Insomniac.

Agreed.

13. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Registered

I thought people only said this in commercials where they're trying to sell you this crap.

14. steintym

steintym Stay Frosty

You nailed it. We have a Blu Ray player on our main TV, but the other players in the house are just regular DVD. It's convenient to have both.

I also love to get the digital copy. Let's me load it up on the computer and download to my iPad or whatever.

15. Bren

Bren Forevernoob

Must say that, watching Thor again, Loki's exclamations and sound effects in his battle with Thor at the end were..... a bit rubbish...

16. Wolvieboy17

Wolvieboy17 Believe it!

It's not that the sound effects were rubbish, it's the total absence of dramatic music to punctuate them. Any sound effects seem out of place when they're isolated like that.

17. GoblinWhirlwind

GoblinWhirlwind Calibrations

I didn't notice anything off about the battle... matter of fact it makes me laugh when Loki spins and kicks Thor across the room, his laugh after that is great.

18. Quasimod0

Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

I laugh when he gets knocked in the head after that and kinda looks dazed for a sec

19. steintym

steintym Stay Frosty

After watching this again, I still only have one small complaint. I wish the battle between the Destroyer and Thor lasted longer and that the Destroyer put up a little bit more of a fight.

I know they were trying to get to the Thor And Loki confrontation. It just seemed like the Destroyer went down too quickly after Thor regained his powers. Still a cool scene, though.

20. GoblinWhirlwind

GoblinWhirlwind Calibrations

Yeah, but that means we can really see Thor go all out in battle in the future... since he defeated Destroyer easily and he wasn't really trying take down Loki.

21. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

That's been a pretty common complaint but like GoblinWhirlwind said, that's makes it even better when we get to see Thor go beast mode in Thor 2.

22. Godzilla2000

Godzilla2000 Dollar Store Diva

I'm sure you could make many flashbacks in future movies of where Loki went and what he was doing after he hopped into that wormhole of his. If I'm paraphrasing correctly Tom Hiddleston said that in terms of timing he'd be traveling through time and space for a year's time. You can do an awful lot during that span, especially if you know how to manipulate the fabrics of time and space itself. You know...all that timey wimey stuff Doctor Who likes to refer to.

23. The_Mighty_Thor

The_Mighty_Thor Stay thy hand troll!

Verily, but who's he going to go into beast mode with if he took down the Destroyer that easy?

24. TheCorpulent1

TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

There are lots of other badasses in Asgard. And there's not necessarily any reason the Destroyer has to be as powerful relative to those other badasses in the movies as it was in the comics.

25. The_Mighty_Thor

The_Mighty_Thor Stay thy hand troll!

Other than the majority of the fans hating it when they get the source material wrong!