Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
Now that Kurse has been confirmed as a villain in T:TDW what "big guns" do you want to see Thor pull out?

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing Thor go into full on Warrior's Madness Mode or pull out a storm of EPIC proportions.

I would say, stick with the theme that the movies have established for Mjolnir. Weirdness like molecular transmutation would stand out like a sore thumb; however, crazy ass weather effects would be appropriate. So, drop a hurricane on someone's head, charge up a bolt of lightning that reaches into orbit, stuff like that.

Yeah it probably would be weird, but some people actually wanna see it so I included it in the poll.

I chose massive storm, but really there are a variety of powers I'd like to see Thor use. For one thing, they need to show Thor actually flying. So far we've only seen him take off and land. There haven't been any clear shots of him flying for an extended period. They ought to showcase Thor's ability to fly and have him take advantage of it more than he has in the past.

The writers seem to have forgotten (or willfully neglected) Thor's ability to use Mjolnir to create portals/wormholes through which he can teleport himself and others. Recently I've been rereading old issues of Thor and The Avengers, and it was notable that Thor created vortexes to travel across the world and through dimensions quite often back then. That's a very unique and valuable ability that should be exploited in the films.

I chose massive storm, but really there are a variety of powers I'd like to see Thor use. For one thing, they need to show Thor actually flying. So far we've only seen him take off and land. There haven't been any clear shots of him flying for an extended period. They ought to showcase Thor's ability to fly and have him take advantage of it more than he has in the past.

The writers seem to have forgotten (or willfully neglected) Thor's ability to use Mjolnir to create portals/wormholes through which he can teleport himself and others. Recently I've been rereading old issues of Thor and The Avengers, and it was notable that Thor created vortexes to travel across the world and through dimensions quite often back then. That's a very unique and valuable ability that should be exploited in the films.

Its more that they deliberately excised that ability for plot reasons. I think they did the right thing. *However*, I don't think it'd be a horrible decision to have Thor learn, in Thor 2, how to use Mjolnir as a "beacon" for whatever new transport system Asgard builds ( probably with the Tesseract at its core ), effectively gaining a new ability to open mini-wormholes.

You know, now that you say it, I'm kind of interested in seeing Thor throw someone into space! That could be pretty epic.

You know, now that you say it, I'm kind of interested in seeing Thor throw someone into space! That could be pretty epic.

Hulk hasn't even shown that strength. It won't happen

Some display that shows Thor doesn't need the hammer to summon lightning

Hulk hasn't even shown that strength. It won't happen

Thor can fly though, he can just pick someone up fly into the atmosphere and throw them into space.

That's what I meant by "throw someone into space" btw.

Some display that shows Thor doesn't need the hammer to summon lightning

**** yeahhhh, I'm tired of people thinking Thor doesn't have powers without his hammer.

I voted for the massive hurricanes/storms.

My Top 3

1. Warrior's Madness (I voted for it)

2. Massive/Hurricane

3. Throwing An Enemy Into Space

Last edited:
if they are showing multiple realms then i gotta see some interdimensional portals.

^ I think that could fall under the "teleportation vortext" option.

Its more that they deliberately excised that ability for plot reasons. I think they did the right thing. *However*, I don't think it'd be a horrible decision to have Thor learn, in Thor 2, how to use Mjolnir as a "beacon" for whatever new transport system Asgard builds ( probably with the Tesseract at its core ), effectively gaining a new ability to open mini-wormholes.

I pretty much expect this happen.Thor gainingthe ability to open wormholes will probably be an important plot piont.I expect it will be how Thor travels through the nine realms.

Aside from that I expect to see more weather powers in Thor 2.I don think well see any other powers though-Marvel doent want to overpower their chracters from what I see.I do expect a Godblast in Thor 3

Thor can fly though, he can just pick someone up fly into the atmosphere and throw them into space.

That's what I meant by "throw someone into space" btw.

**** yeahhhh, I'm tired of people thinking Thor doesn't have powers without his hammer.

My Top 3

1. Warrior's Madness (I voted for it)

2. Massive/Hurricane

3. Throwing An Enemy Into Space

gotcha. Totally forgot about the flying thing :doh:

then **** yeah, that would be awesome

I pretty much expect this happen.Thor gainingthe ability to open wormholes will probably be an important plot piont.I expect it will be how Thor travels through the nine realms.

Aside from that I expect to see more weather powers in Thor 2.I don think well see any other powers though-Marvel doent want to overpower their chracters from what I see.I do expect a Godblast in Thor 3

exactly. And when he goes to earth for avengers movies. Odin "mustering dark energy" to get him there will get old.

And a godblast I think we will see just once in the MCU, and it will be the checkmate move against surtur in my opinion.

I love how we all just assume Surtur will happen lol

I can't wait to see his full Warrior's Madness. We caught a glimpse of it on Jotunheim.

Yeah I REALLY hope Thor goes into full Warrior's Madness against Kurse, either that or summon a massive hurricane/storm.

Last edited:
I'm tied between the Lightning throw and the Vortex. I would rather have the dimensional vortex if he's going to be world jumping.

haha, i just want to see a variety. Just some sort of blast coming from his hammer, that isn't lightning.

I think the god blast should be saved for something bigger, just one time in the MCU

haha, i just want to see a variety. Just some sort of blast coming from his hammer, that isn't lightning.

I think the god blast should be saved for something bigger, just one time in the MCU

What about "Warrior's Madness" followed by a HUGE storm?

That would be a perfect way to defeat Kurse without having to resort to a "god blast".

Warriors madness would be insane to see, absolutely bat**** balls to the wall insane.

I'd rather they kept the God blast for either Surtur or Those Who Sit Above.

Warriors madness would be insane to see, absolutely bat**** balls to the wall insane.

I'd rather they kept the God blast for either Surtur or Those Who Sit Above.

Agreed 100% :up:

Warrior's Madness would be an epic way to defeat Kurse and show just how strong Thor can be.

Whatever Thor does, it just can't compare with this awesome display of power:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"