Thor Ragnarok Spoilers - Part 2

Also Hela took out an entire army by herself. So this thing about "well they needed to die in order to establish her threat" is nonsense. Plus, it's dulled as an effect since they didn't do much to establish their fighting prowess before.

Mr. Feige is trying to have it both ways, and I'm not buying it.

They should have gone down like Hogun. It was fine Hela steamrollering everyone else but those guys should have put up a fight.

Spinoff with warriors 3 trying to escape hel.

I'm fine with Thor's new team.

''The Revengers'' are far more interesting.

They should have gone down like Hogun. It was fine Hela steamrollering everyone else but those guys should have put up a fight.
I agree that it would be a better end for them. Hogun went down like a champ.

I'm fine with Thor's new team.

''The Revengers'' are far more interesting.
Most people also find the Revengers far more interesting That doesn't mean those guys couldn't have died a bit more effectively like Hogun rather than being one-shotted like every other Asardian soldier.

I agree that it would be a better end for them. Hogun went down like a champ.
Yeah they could have all fought her like that at the same time which would show Hela's skills off even more and get taken out one by one.

I was upset by the deaths of the Warriors Three. I knew they couldn't have much screen time in a movie this chock full of new characters and I suspected they weren't coming out of this one alive BUT I would have liked to see them put up more of a fight. I'm glad Hogun was able to make a stand at least.

And I agree we needed to see Thor mourn the loss of three of his very best friends. My hope is we'll see this addressed in the future of the MCU somewhere, somehow, some way. Otherwise, I will be very disappointed.

And where the hell was Sif?? Maybe it was better she was absent because she probably would've been killed also. But her storyline also needs attention.

I really enjoyed the film and will watch it again as soon as I am able. Taika got SO MUCH right. But as a Thor fan the way way these four characters were handled left me unsatisfied - along with what went actually down with Jane Foster. I'm hearing talk of a Thor 4 which makes me a little giddy - so there's still hope in my mind that this can be corrected.

I was upset by the deaths of the Warriors Three. I knew they couldn't have much screen time in a movie this chock full of new characters and I suspected they weren't coming out of this one alive BUT I would have liked to see them put up more of a fight. I'm glad Hogun was able to make a stand at least.

And I agree we needed to see Thor mourn the loss of three of his very best friends. My hope is we'll see this addressed in the future of the MCU somewhere, somehow, some way. Otherwise, I will be very disappointed.

And where the hell was Sif?? Maybe it was better she was absent because she probably would've been killed also. But her storyline also needs attention.

I really enjoyed the film and will watch it again as soon as I am able. Taika got SO MUCH right. But as a Thor fan the way way these four characters were handled left me unsatisfied - along with what went actually down with Jane Foster. I'm hearing talk of a Thor 4 which makes me a little giddy - so there's still hope in my mind that this can be corrected.

Totally agree.

I really hope a Thor 4 will eventually happen with Taika at the helm. I want him to return of course since he did an awesome job, but this time i want him be the main screenwriter... He has done that previously with his own movies and i think a Thor 4 would benefit a lot from him being involved at that degree. And i think he can also correct som stuff, refine the pacing and let the movie breathe and take in certain scenes and emotional beats. He has done that with his previous movies but here i feel he was a bit handcuffed with the scrip and also he just wanted to do more of a really fun movie.

I think that he can improve and give us another great Thor movie. King Thor please. ;)

I will say the ending intrigued me greatly because I'm personally a big fan of Jurgen's The Reigning story line which brought Asgard to Earth and I liked it much better than Straczynski's later but more well known variation of the idea.

Jurgens brought some incredibly deep storytelling with very relevant themes. With King Thor having the Odinforce and Asgard headed to Earth that's a type of story that can now be told. However, I'm not sure we could see a Thor film like that with Taika at the helm because it needs to have more dramatic weight and not be a straight up comedy adventure like Ragnarok turned out. I'd rather see someone like the Russos direct that film personally. However, with the reception Thor is now getting, if Thor 4 does come, I suspect it's going to be more of this kind of tone.

Also I'm not sure what happens with Thanos but if all the Asgardians end up dead (possible based on that leaked Infinity War trailer) then that just means this entire movie was pointless. I'm hoping Marvel's not that stupid.

2nd viewing today but this time in IMAX. Was hoping for yesterday because I like a decent crowd just for the reactions but doing it now since I'm downtown and free.

Eh, I gotta say I was pretty lukewarm about the movie.

The MCU gets criticized for taking the humor and lightheartedness over the top. Definitely the case with this movie.

Mjolnir getting destroyed, the Warriors Three all dying like chumps, Loki being in disguise as Odin..these are all things that deserved more emotional pay offs. They were handled as jokes (if at all).

taika_waititi.gif

I will say the ending intrigued me greatly because I'm personally a big fan of Jurgen's The Reigning story line which brought Asgard to Earth and I liked it much better than Straczynski's later but more well known variation of the idea.

Jurgens brought some incredibly deep storytelling with very relevant themes. With King Thor having the Odinforce and Asgard headed to Earth that's a type of story that can now be told. However, I'm not sure we could see a Thor film like that with Taika at the helm because it needs to have more dramatic weight and not be a straight up comedy adventure like Ragnarok turned out. I'd rather see someone like the Russos direct that film personally. However, with the reception Thor is now getting, if Thor 4 does come, I suspect it's going to be more of this kind of tone.

Also I'm not sure what happens with Thanos but if all the Asgardians end up dead (possible based on that leaked Infinity War trailer) then that just means this entire movie was pointless. I'm hoping Marvel's not that stupid.

I prefer Jurgen's King Thor coming to earth over Stracyznskyi's Oklahoma Asgard, I wonder if or when Hela is indeed vanquished with Thor become even more powerful.

I gotta say one of the things that creeped me out and was kind of scary to see was when Hela destroyed the mural in the palace and there was Odin with a massive headress like Hela but even bigger. I was like "Oh man that's some powerful imagery". That's some dark past right there. It was cool but also frightening taking into account how Hela was and then you picture Odin with all his power being an even bigger manifestation of that "evil". Asgard/Odin had some dark past and that was also one of the reasons why the destruction of Asgard itself didn't bother me that much.

It was epic to see Surtur drive the giant Twilight through Asgard into its core.

Eh, I gotta say I was pretty lukewarm about the movie.

The MCU gets criticized for taking the humor and lightheartedness over the top. Definitely the case with this movie.

Mjolnir getting destroyed, the Warriors Three all dying like chumps, Loki being in disguise as Odin..these are all things that deserved more emotional pay offs. They were handled as jokes (if at all).
I only agree in terms of the warriors 3 their deaths were kind of pointless because they do nothing in the movie but it makes sense their deaths went unacknowledged because no one was there to see them die except Hela and Skurge

if they had been used better in TTDW their deaths would have had more impact it is kind of too bad TTDW happened the way it did. I think if the Planet Hulk stuff and Rgnarok stuff were separated into 2 movies it would have been really great

I gotta say one of the things that creeped me out and was kind of scary to see was when Hela destroyed the mural in the palace and there was Odin with a massive headress like Hela but even bigger. I was like "Oh man that's some powerful imagery". That's some dark past right there. It was cool but also frightening taking into account how Hela was and then you picture Odin with all his power being an even bigger manifestation of that "evil". Asgard/Odin had some dark past and that was also one of the reasons why the destruction of Asgard itself didn't bother me that much.

It was epic to see Surtur drive the giant Twilight through Asgard into its core.
Can't imagine how crazy it would be with Odin and Hela leading Asgardian armies conquering everywhere.

It’s clear they wanted to take Thor in a different direction. The franchise was getting stale. As much as I would have liked a proper sendoff for the W3, sometimes to build a new world means tearing the old one down.

I'm hoping she was off-world on some mission, and was unable to get back with the bridge shutdown. Also hoping that if she is in Thor 4, that she is in a co-star position. I want more of the Sif seen in Thor 1, jumping on the Asgardian machine and spearing it straight through.:woot:

Was the guy that Grand Master melted the same guy from the shop in Guardians that Star Lord was trying to sell the orb to?

I don't get why these chose to give Hogun a great last stand and the others do bugger all and get taken out in seconds. I don't mind Sif being absent as it leaves her to fight another day. She was obviously somewhere else while it was all going on.

I realy enjoyed the film and it's great that a Thor 4 is entering conversations now as I didn't think it was really on the cards after TDW with no one else getting more than a trilogy yet.

I'm hoping she was off-world on some mission, and was unable to get back with the bridge shutdown. Also hoping that if she is in Thor 4, that she is in a co-star position. I want more of the Sif seen in Thor 1, jumping on the Asgardian machine and spearing it straight through.:woot:

Kevin Fiege actually confirmed this recently.

I don't get why these chose to give Hogun a great last stand and the others do bugger all and get taken out in seconds.

Hogun was written out very early in the second movie, while the other two got a little more to do. Seems like they kind of switched it around this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"