Thor: Ragnarok The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree about Marvel Netflix villains.

They benefit though from being in these 13 episode shows.

Kingpin, Killgrave, Cottonmouth....all incredible villains. They also get real depth to their characters.

For some reason iMax I always go to isn't playing Thor Ragnarok it's weird, they're only playing the movie in normal theatre's, I was able to get star wars tickets for iMax 3d on this same theatre already, so it's bizzare. Theatre is a cobb theatres not sure how wide spread they are elsewhere.

Looks like Marvel Studios can do no wrong.
17 movies in and no "Rotten" in RT. All good to great films.

Agree about Marvel Netflix villains.

They benefit though from being in these 13 episode shows.

Kingpin, Killgrave, Cottonmouth....all incredible villains. They also get real depth to their characters.

That format suddenly falls apart when Scott Buck takes charge. The benefit disappears for some reason.

Even the lows like TIH, Iron Man 2, Thor The Dark World are still overall enjoyable films.

Even the lows like TIH, Iron Man 2, Thor The Dark World are still overall enjoyable films.

Right right, they're not bad films. And, also, they were still trying to figure out the entire thing, specially in TIH and IM2.

And on paper, I think The Dark World sounded good. But it should've been more epic, more Lord Of The Rings/ Game of Thrones thing. It ended up being so-so, but the second half was considerably better than the first one. Once Loki is released, the film kinda works.

Right right, they're not bad films. And, also, they were still trying to figure out the entire thing, specially in TIH and IM2.

And on paper, I think The Dark World sounded good. But it should've been more epic, more Lord Of The Rings/ Game of Thrones thing. It ended up being so-so, but the second half was considerably better than the first one. Once Loki is released, the film kinda works.

Cut down Darcy and Ian's roles (significantly) and I might like it more than the first film.

Cut down Darcy and Ian's roles (significantly) and I might like it more than the first film.

Sure, sure. I think that was the time they figured out what works and what doesn't. I don't think they've made a similar mistake from that point forward. I mean, they have been much more consistent with tones, or maybe avoiding those cringe moments on the MCU.

My biggest problem with TDW was that Thor had zero arc. He didn't change at all. It was a bit of a mess. Felt like "ok this Infinity Stone now: The movie."

I still liked it, though. Was fun.

My biggest problem with TDW was that Thor had zero arc. He didn't change at all. It was a bit of a mess. Felt like "ok this Infinity Stone now: The movie."

I still liked it, though. Was fun.

For me what saves that movie is the Thor/loki dynamic, I also love the sequence when the dark elves attack asgard

That's why I can never agree that they've made a bad film. Their worst movies are just good or average.

Haha yup. But I've said that it's no longer so much whether a MCU film will be rotten or not, but how fresh it will be this from as far back as 2014. :funny:

Let's not forget the Perlmutter factor as well.

For me what saves that movie is the Thor/loki dynamic, I also love the sequence when the dark elves attack asgard

Yeah. The characters/action is what made it worth while. Some of the comedy was good, too. Thor hanging his hammer on the coat hook got a huge laugh out of me the first time.

Yeah. The characters/action is what made it worth while. Some of the comedy was good, too. Thor hanging his hammer on the coat hook got a huge laugh out of me the first time.

The way they telegraphed the big loki reveal at the end was really bad too, you could tell that was a reshoots, weren't they originally going to kill Loki there?

The way they telegraphed the big loki reveal at the end was really bad too, you could tell that was a reshoots, weren't they originally going to kill Loki there?

I not sure we'll ever really know the truth of that specifically (it was a rumor, though). The behind the scenes of TDW sounded like quite a mess compared to the other MCU movies, so I wouldn't be surprised if it were true.

That's why I can never agree that they've made a bad film. Their worst movies are just good or average.

Agreed. TIH is their worst movie, but it's just "meh" overall. Nothing bad about it, but nothing particularly great either.

Agreed. TIH is their worst movie, but it's just "meh" overall. Nothing bad about it, but nothing particularly great either.

Hulk and Dark World are easily my least two favorites.

Hulk and Dark World are easily my least two favorites.

Yup. It's Hulk, TDW, and Iron Man 2 at the bottom of my list.

Funny enough.... I actually don't remember hearing anything about the troubled production with Thor 2. Can anyone enlighten me?

Just a heads up, we're hosting MCU battles and creating an MCU power tier, the links are in my signature when you get the chance.

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"