Thor: Ragnarok The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a dream come true and I didnt think this kind of epic stuff was on the cards after TDW.

Taika Waititi own words about Miek. :woot:
Oh gosh it's true, he's totally a larvae. He even has little stubby legs like a caterpillar. The spider-like eyes are still inaccurate, though. :o

It is a dream come true and I didnt think this kind of epic stuff was on the cards after TDW.
The biggest reason i came back to SHH was this movie. From the begining i got a good feeling about this movie and then the way they described the movie, the cast, the characters, the director, the different approach... Everything was so enticing. Then the epic Teaser Trailer dropped and woke everyone up.

This things feels epic in so many ways. I love it!

The biggest reason i came back to SHH was this movie. From the begining i got a good feeling about this movie and then the way they described the movie, the cast, the characters, the director, the different approach... Everything was so enticing. Then the epic Teaser Trailer dropped and woke everyone up.

This things feels epic in so many ways. I love it!

I think it'll be a huge boost for the character and he could see a sudden rise in popularity like Cap got after TWS.

I think it'll be a huge boost for the character and he could see a sudden rise in popularity like Cap got after TWS.
Need more Thor movies done right like this if it succeeds.

I think the general disappointment from The Dark World(which I still enjoy a lot)kinda damaged the first Thor too. Many people seem to completely dismiss it but it actually was a pretty good introduction for the character and his world.

That said,Ragnarok looks completely bonkers. Another level altogether.

When Thor is dropped from the chain in the opening of the teaser, the skulls or whatever open to an orange color. I am now thinking that is a Surtur scene based off his eyes.

Yeah, I'm guessing it's in Muspelheim.

Found a interview with Rachel House from THFTWP where she addresses her participation in Thor Ragnarok.

Is there anything you’re watching right now that you’re really excited about?
- It’s a funny thing. I had a very small part in Thor: Ragnarok and…

Thor: Ragnarok will be your fourth time working with Taika Waititi…
- Yeah, it was my fourth film with him. We shot three films together over here. There was one film he made here that I wasn’t in and I’m still not speaking to him about that. (laughs) No, it’s fine. I don’t mind at all… but yeah, the fourth one was Thor and it was so great to watch him manage a huge, giant blockbuster. He was so calm and in his element so I felt very proud of him.

36def3d6b3cd89f1a1e0a96ad86ff833.jpg

Need more Thor movies done right like this if it succeeds.

I think the general disappointment from The Dark World(which I still enjoy a lot)kinda damaged the first Thor too. Many people seem to completely dismiss it but it actually was a pretty good introduction for the character and his world.

Yes, this should be like a new start for the character.

Top: "Golden" Grandmaster, Surtur and ???.
From left to right: Banner, Valkyrie, "Rachel House/???", asgardian Loki, gladiator Thor, Skurge, The Grandmaster, Odin, Miek, Heimdall and gladiator Hulk.
jpeg
Top: Odin, Surtur and Korg.
From left to right: Sakaarian Loki, "Rachel House/???", Valkyrie, Muspelheim Thor, Skurge, The Grandmaster, ???, Miek, Heimdall and gladiator Hulk.
jpeg
Top: Odin, Surtur and Hela.
From left to right: asgardian Loki, "Rachel House/???", Valkyrie, Banner, gladiator Thor, Skurge, The Grandmaster, Fenris Wolf, Miek, Heimdall and "beads" Hulk.
jpeg

Hulk's outfit is a fun nod to Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine.

1004311-ultimate_wolverine_vs_hulk_1.jpg

What's up with that all yellow Grandmaster version in the first picture?

Looking at the character in the red armor, the only thing that comes to mind is a celestial that isn't proportioned right for the toy or is just that tall.
I don't recall them having a fixed height or always being mountain-sized.
It even looks like a mixture of the one we've seen in GotG and the overall design choices they are making for Ragnarok.

The only thing that comes to mind regarding The Grandmaster special color is Gold-blum. :p
Apparently those Funkos release in August or something like that so the names of every single one will be in the boxes. Iit's a matter of time until we know who they really are.

Regarding the height of the figures we have to take into account that of course the scale is not that. Surtur is a giant of a beast, Fenris Wolf is a giant wolf, Hulk is big and so is Korg... its all a matter of puting things into perspective.

The only thing that comes to mind regarding The Grandmaster special color is Gold-blum. :p
Apparently those Funkos release in August or something like that so the names of every single one will be in the boxes. Iit's a matter of time until we know who they really are.

Regarding the height of the figures we have to take into account that of course the scale is not that. Surtur is a giant of a beast, Fenris Wolf is a giant wolf, Hulk is big and so is Korg... its all a matter of puting things into perspective.

Ha! Nice one. I was thinking about something around gold at first, but when comparing to Loki's helmet it doesn't seem like a color that represents gold.

The red figure definitely resembles...

Arishem the Judge

Just an oddly proportioned version, to fit the style of the figurines. I can't be sure, though. It could be something else entirely, but nothing comes to mind.

Edit:

Or Eson the Searcher, who is the Celestial that appeared briefly in Guardians, as I recall. The red and black color scheme I would associate more with Arishem, but some other details resemble Eson.

Last edited:
lmao why are you that Shocked about the cast? We're closing in on Infinity War, Marvel has to introduce a bunch more characters to get to the numbers we're hearing will be in IW
Thor
Hulk
Loki
Odin
Hela
Skurge
Valkyrie
Doctor Strange
Surtur
Fenris
Heimdall
Korg
Miek
Grandmaster

Hold me

This is unfortunately true. When it was out and then later released on Blu I recall there was a lot of positive feelings about the film. About the only real criticism I remember from that time was that many thought that the love story was rushed and even then many were of the mind that it was no different that many films that came before it. I have always felt it was the MCU film that most resembled the first Donner Superman in many ways. I still think it's a great Phase One film on it's own. It's TDW that dropped the ball in being such a lackluster film.

This is unfortunately true. When it was out and then later released on Blu I recall there was a lot of positive feelings about the film. About the only real criticism I remember from that time was that many thought that the love story was rushed and even then many were of the mind that it was no different that many films that came before it. I have always felt it was the MCU film that most resembled the first Donner Superman in many ways. I still think it's a great Phase One film on it's own. It's TDW that dropped the ball in being such a lackluster film.

There were never "positive" feelings as a whole about TDW - whether in theaters or BluRay.

It was a film that clearly lacked a direction - Taylor wanted one thing and Marvel wanted another. Plus there were like five different scribes who worked on it. Then it turned into a screwball comedy in the 3rd act, which focused waaaaaaaaay too much on a character like Darcy. It irritates me to no end that Malekith's scenes were basically cut to feature more comic relief form her. Don't forget the fact the Feige insisted we'd get to see so much more of the other nine realms - ya that didn't happen.

Positive feelings for the first film, that were later tempered somewhat by The Dark World.

I think they may have misjudged a bit why the first film worked, over-emphasizing the Jane, Darcy, Selvig group. Even if they felt at the time that it was worth continuing the story with Jane, Darcy and Selvig were no longer really needed, certainly not in a big role.

Thor would have looked more badass with his long hair in the helmet especially if he didn't cut his hair in this film

Then I wonder how Stephen Strange Dr Strange will fit into Ragnarok? Because we all know Benedict will be in Thor Ragnarok so I wonder if Dr Strange will end up on the same planet as Thor and Hulk? Or if Stephen will cross paths with both Banner and Thor on Earth? But I definitely want to see a Loki/Strange scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"