Thor: Ragnarok The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
main_comiccon_.jpg

Seeing the worlds of Asgard and Wakanda come together like that it would be something if Thor and Black Panther were to form some kind of camaraderie before IW

Barely an hour and a half? Jesus

Barely an hour and a half? Jesus

Not going to lie...that worries me a bit, with everything that's going on in this. I felt Doctor Strange was WAY too short and that had a lot less going on.

However! I like his confidence, and I trust Taika more than that no name that did TDW and that terrible Terminator movie. And he seems confident, you can tell they had a great time, but I'm tempering my expectations on seeing alot of the cool stuff I had in my head lol.

Good video, nice theory :)

[YT]DhdYf9d3TDU[/YT]

Last edited:
Like someone already posted here Taika said the cut right now sits at 100 minutes. 1 hour and 40 minutes. Hope it's short and sweet. Here's what he had to say.

[YT]RZ5PmDAt-7A[/YT]

Please tell me taikas kidding with this 100 minute bs
Wtf is the issue with giving thor a full length film

This isnt "quick and breezy buddy road trip"
Its muhf***in' ragnarok!

I was worried with all the humor talk, then they fully got me on board with the trailers, and now im back to worried again
Stop it marvel

Edit: wow, really, we cant say "F-u-g-g-i-n"? This censorship here is some serious ****ing ********

Last edited:
Maybe its 100 minutes without credits? I'm not worried though even though yeah I wanted Thor to have a longer film for once.

Please tell me taikas kidding with this 100 minute bs
Wtf is the issue with giving thor a full length film

This isnt "quick and breezy buddy road trip"
Its muhf***in' ragnarok!

I was worried with all the humor talk, then they fully got me on board with the trailers, and now im back to worried again
Stop it marvel

Edit: wow, really, we cant say "F-u-g-g-i-n"? This censorship here is some serious ****ing ********

Yeah? You want a 2 1/2 hour movie?

I'm happy. I'd rather them keep it short than try to fit too much fillers in a movie like BvS.

Keep me wanting more.

I think one of the best decisions they've made is using Chris Hemsworth's comedic chops for Thor. I can easily see why some people are tuning into this version of the character. He had a few funny lines in Age of Ultron, those Team Thor clips were brilliant, and now this film. I really like the evolution.

I'm happy. I'd rather them keep it short than try to fit too much fillers in a movie like BvS.

Keep me wanting more.

maybe not 2-1/2" but 1 hours 50 min-2 hours is my sweet spot, this will probably feel rushed imo, even though it may still be good.

Keep me wanting more.

1-40 is barely even a movie imo

And a movie that should be epic, as ragnarok should be, just should not be below two hours
I dont want some 4 hour snyder/lotr nonsense, but 100 minutes is a joke.

isn't 100 minutes now literally the shortest MCU film? For as much as this has going on, it is a little worrying, I get the wanting more thing but what if the infinity war films are the last we see of Hemsworth? And we never get the more? unless IW/A4 are the more lol

It will all depend on the execution.
If done right then it can be short and sweet just leaving one wanting more and go for a second viewing. We can already see from the trailers that there isn't much of "filler" but if he wants he can always add a bit more stuff just to give "breathers"... I trust him.

In terms of the runtime i think this 1 hour and 40 minutes is probably the sweet spot for his movies. THFTWP was 1 hour and 41 minutes.

Last edited:
I agree with the guy interviewing in the video - 17 hours would be about right.

Yeah thats the thing, when "filler" are quieter moments for the characters to talk and consider things and give the viewers a breath, i enjoy those filler moments. If a movie is just boom action beat, joke, boom action beat, thats not a very full or fulfilling experience

Im still seeing it opening day, no doubt, but damn if this didnt just lower my expectations a good bit

As a fan I'm inclined to want more of the good stuff so I had expected more, but after everything Taika has shown this far I think he's earned the right to have me see the movie before criticizing the choice.

1-40 is barely even a movie imo

And a movie that should be epic, as ragnarok should be, just should not be below two hours
I dont want some 4 hour snyder/lotr nonsense, but 100 minutes is a joke.

I have to say that the first line is absurd to me. There are a bunch of truly great movies shorter than 100 minutes.

I wasnt being literal

But i cant think of the last 100 minute movie that didnt have me say, "damn that was it?" at the end

I mean Taika's gotta do his thing so it is what it is. But why does Thor always get the shortest movies? It's not about quality vs. quantity to me - why not both? If I enjoy something I want to linger in that world for as long as I can. Of course the key is *if I enjoy* it. In the end I'd rather have 100 minutes of awesome than 120 minutes of mediocre.

Sometimes less is more 100 minutes means the film is probably quick-paced and "lean". I'm all for there being no "lag".

Mjölnir;35538743 said:
As a fan I'm inclined to want more of the good stuff so I had expected more, but after everything Taika has shown this far I think he's earned the right to have me see the movie before criticizing the choice.
absolutely_right_zoolander.gif

Just what he has shown in 2 trailers gives him the credit to decide whatever he think is best for his movie. He clearly knows what he is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"