Thor replaced by female Thor

So Thor gets a vagina for a year or two. Wonder how he'll handle mensies. :o

Who Could The New Female Thor Be? - IGN Conversation

[YT]zVSfG_Du_kM[/YT]

I heard that Ms Marvel was good.

But you know, that's why they don't make new characters. Cuz mofos don't read stuff with new characters.

Personally, I don't give a s**t. Chick Thor is a temporary rehash of lame idea. Main reason why I'm pretty much done with the big two.

I heard that Ms Marvel was good.

But you know, that's why they don't make new characters. Cuz mofos don't read stuff with new characters.

Personally, I don't give a s**t. Chick Thor is a temporary rehash of lame idea. Main reason why I'm pretty much done with the big two.

I stopped reading comics all together.

So Manglebop has issues about this. I honestly can't figure out how to respond to him.

Not awesome. Shameless pandering.

Who are they pandering to? It's not like there's tens of thousands of readers demanding Thor be turned into a woman.

Tens of thousands, maybe not. Enough of them willing to scream very loudly about wanting:
1. More female heroes, especially in the top tier.
2. ANY transgendered characters. Because, you know, they're all under-represented and crap.

Marvel and DC should just make completely new characters to represent the VERY SMALL but extremely loud LGBT community, instead of changing established characters. I'm not saying they're shouldn't be LBGT superheroes, just get your own. That goes for racial and religious minorities as well. I'm a person of multiple ethnic backgrounds, as well as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Where's my superhero? And if the idea was just to have someone else wield Mjolnir for a while, why not Sif, or Valkyrie? And for that matter, Thor is a proper name, not a title. You can't be the new "Thor" like you could be the new Captain or something. Thordis or Theresa would be the correct feminine versions of the name Thor, by the way.

So Manglebop has issues about this. I honestly can't figure out how to respond to him.

Put him on your ignore list? :D

Probably explain to him that Marvel is a business and if it works to increase sales than that is that.

"Been there, done that. Rinse, repeat"

What else is there to say?

Let me clarify: I'm not as worked up about this as you may think, but I still have a right to say I don't like it. That's pretty much why forums like this exist. :p

This issue has so many people going nuts. Thor has been the best comic since Marvel NOW started and no one ever posts in the thread......announce they're turning Thor into a woman - the board explodes in anger.

It's too late, Marvel has already won. :(

For real though i seen this &*(explode all over social media( i was like do people know some new crazy guy is trying to take over Iran!)
Hahaha! its true there's no such thing as" bad publicity!" Marvel! i salute you for stirring up *()*& AGAIN!

http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/7/16/22883/a_new_god_of_thunder_debuts_in_thor_this_october

Frost Giants beware–there's a new God of Thunder protecting Midgard, and she's not messing around! For the first time in THOR's five decades of publication, the mantle of the mightiest Avenger will be turned over to a new mystery woman.

From Marvel's website. Thor Odinson will be still be around; a woman is taking the God of Thunder mantle. The Thor we like is not undergoing sexual reassignment surgery; it's a different character wielding Mjolnir. So far, in Thor's 50 year history, Mjolnir has been wielded by quite a few characters other than Thor:

-Loki
-Wonder Woman
-Superman
-Captain America
-Beta Ray Bill

I do not see what all the complaining is about; Marvel created a fresh new character, the mystery woman who wields Mjolnir. It's not remapping a character, like Alan Scott; it's having someone else take the mantle. It's no different than:

-Dick Grayson becoming Batman
-Jean Paul Valley becoming Batman
-Bucky becoming Captain America
-Dock Ock taking over Spider-Man

The funny thing is - with the exception of Superior, which I cannot find any professional critical reviews (sorry, ******** fanboys aren't valid)-the three scenarios which are structured the same and were greeted with hysteria, have become some of the more popular stories (or sequences - B&R was part of Morrison's super-massive, several series deal,) in the respective franchises.

What was learned?

-Thor is not undergoing sexual reassignment surgery
-Marvel is creating a new character to take the mantle of a flagship character
-This has been done before, in one offs, and acclaimed runs
-Each of these storylines was greeted by ******** fanboy hysteria, but became popular entries in the respective franchises.

Marvel should hire me as part of their PR department, considering how I called this number perfectly yesterday and have been reiterating the above points over 30+ posts, here, on FB, and Twitter.

It's like the old expression: there's nothing new under the sun. I'd like to think that after publishing for seventy-five years, Marvel has used every story model at least once.

Ohhh, so this is a whole other person. I thought this was a Loki situation where Thor gets turned into a chick. It's more of a Thunderstrike sorta thing......with a Vagina. Meh. :o

It's bad b/c Aaron's Thor was on such a roll and this sounds like a derailment. The fact fhat it's temporary is no consolation, I just hope the real Thor gets a mini solo book about his redemption so I can still get my monthly Thor fix.

So they'll have a few other people as Thor instead of him for whatever reason. Big deal.

I think it would be cool to have a series called "Unworthy Thor" alongside the main Thor title, I'm not going to flip about this until I read a few issues. Jason Aaron had done a great job so far!

I think it would be cool to have a series called "Unworthy Thor" alongside the main Thor title, I'm not going to flip about this until I read a few issues. Jason Aaron had done a great job so far!

Best case scenario is an "Unworthy Thor" book.

What if it's one of his daughters that were introduced in Aaron's run. Or was it grand-daughters? Haven't read the God Butcher arc for a while.

I know it's been done before. It's still a dumb gimmick. I don't know who Marvel thinks they're fooling when they do these things. They'll say it's permanent, but when sales dip, or there's a movie coming out...

Oh, and Loki never lifted the real hammer, only forgeries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"