Thor Score

THE SEARCH IS OVER

NEBBLoRes.jpg

Orchestra all the way. Steve Jablonsky maybe. Or Zimmer ala Gladiator.

What's up with all the rock/metal music? Didn't we get over that with Daredevil?

Orchestra is more classy, appropriate for someone inspired by ancient mythology.

Orchestra all the way. Steve Jablonsky maybe. Or Zimmer ala Gladiator.

Hopefully without the annoying female 'warble' that was present in that score.

You all know the type of vocals I'm talking about, they were present in Elfman's Hulk score and Horner's Troy score too.

I absolutely hate them.

Hate them.

Come on composers - time to give a guy a go at singing. I'm thinking baratone here - perfect for a manly Thor.

Male choral arrangements would be interesting. You do tend to get female choral stuff much more often than male, but I imagine male voices would suit a character inspired by people who sang war songs and sung tales of valor in the mead halls and such.

Yeah, Corp. Totally.

As I've posted previously, there is a snippet of the John Ottman X2 score (the music bridging Nightcrawlers attack on the Whitehouse to Wolverines search at Alkali Lake)which suits Thor to a 't' in my mind (it's even played against a frozen backdrop).

Everytime I watch it, it just screams 'Thor' to me.

Howard Shore would be a perfect pick for this. :up: Also, I hope they adapt a bit from the Avengers score to help tie it in.

Yeah, Corp. Totally.

As I've posted previously, there is a snippet of the John Ottman X2 score (the music bridging Nightcrawlers attack on the Whitehouse to Wolverines search at Alkali Lake)which suits Thor to a 't' in my mind (it's even played against a frozen backdrop).

Everytime I watch it, it just screams 'Thor' to me.
I'll have to look that scene up. I don't remember any of the music from X2.

I'd like to see an orchestral score ala Basil Polidoris's 'Conan'.

Yes. Something big. Powerful. Sweeping. Something that can evoke eras long past and encompass a larger cosmic canvas (that's a large order eh?)

Alas, Poledouris isn't with us anymore.

I liked the guy who did the second Hulk movie. Very romantic - very deep.

Maybe Bruce Broughton has one more really good score in him.

I'm afraid Badelt's approach would sound too much like his "Pirates" stuff.

I'd personally like to see what John Williams would do with it.

The geek in me would've loved to see what Bernard Herrmann would've come up with for this movie.

Howard Shore would be a perfect pick for this. :up: Also, I hope they adapt a bit from the Avengers score to help tie it in.

Hmmm....I didn't think of Shore. He could do some nice stuff. But didn't Jackson hire a collaborator, or 'ghoster', for him to do the more heroic moments of "Lord of the Rings" stuff?

Aah, finally my arch-foe has a name; 'The Collaborator'.

Let's hope she steers clear of this score.

:D

I think Hans Zimmer could do a good score for this.

I agree With Zimmer, tho it makes me wonder if that poll marvel had for what Thor was listening to on the Ipod cover was to see what WE would want to hear. so THEY know what to look for.

So... am I to assume no one agrees with me?

I'd go with Alan Silvestri. His work for Beowulf had a sort of Poledouris sound to it at times...

The second video starts instantly at a piece that sounds like Poledouris. Another good bit 3 minutes into the first video.

[YT]YGm0JPoqqH4[/YT]
[YT]R-9lvXg8KHQ[/YT]

Well I'm on Dialup, I can't view vids to easy. I did like the Beowulf music however.

THOR score needs to be motherfreakin' EPIC.. Duel of the Fates epic.

Branagh's usual collaborator Patrick Doyle wouldn't be a bad choice at all.

What's needed is a competent composer who can compose good orchestral themes without breaking the bank. Thor is a high-risk venture, and I don't think Marvel is going to pay much musically. Sound effect wise yes, but musically no.

Or maybe they can invite Zimmer on a 3-films deal (Thor, Cap, Avengers). Williams are simply too old, risky proposition for a long deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"