Thor's already back!

I think that it is definately Donald Blake, but that doesn't meant that Thor will have his Donald Blake alter ego necessarily. He could just be the key to awakening Thor and the other Asgardians.

Let's face it, there is nobody else who would look like that, with the initials DB who would be "meant" to see the signal and go out to buy a bus ticket to Oklahoma. Donald Blake is one of the only people on Earth who is WORTHY!

Maybe Don Blake, Sigurd Jarlson, Jake Olson, and Eric Masterdon will all meet in Oklahoma and have a throw down to see who gets to keep Thor's hammer.......I'm kidding of course....or am I !!

If they did, Sigurd would totally kick their asses. He was just Thor with his hair tied back in a ponytail and glasses. The rest of them are all mortal schmucks. Eric Masterson and Jake Olson are both off in Heaven-with-a-capital-"h," too, having turned down the offers they got to be ushered into Valhalla. So really it'd just be the fake Don Blake vs. Sigurd Jarlson vs. the fake Jake Olson, and they're all just Thor with different disguises and power levels.
Mr. Green said:
I think that it is definately Donald Blake, but that doesn't meant that Thor will have his Donald Blake alter ego necessarily. He could just be the key to awakening Thor and the other Asgardians.

Let's face it, there is nobody else who would look like that, with the initials DB who would be "meant" to see the signal and go out to buy a bus ticket to Oklahoma. Donald Blake is one of the only people on Earth who is WORTHY!
Donald Blake isn't worthy. Thor in Donald Blake's body was. The real Donald Blake is just some weakling doctor with no fighting instincts whatsoever. No way in bad place would he be worthy of Mjolnir.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Donald Blake isn't worthy. Thor in Donald Blake's body was. The real Donald Blake is just some weakling doctor with no fighting instincts whatsoever. No way in bad place would he be worthy of Mjolnir.
I bet Joe Q and JMS don't know this:(

I'm glad the ridiculous events from "Secret Wars" wasn't mentioned in this story.

I really hope that the DB on the bag of that figure is JUST a teaser!!! I really don't want Thor stuck with Donald Blake again!

Also in reference to BetaRay Bill having the alterego of a black homeless guy that was a REAL let down after how his mini was ROCKING until then!

People keep mentioning the covers and how they didn't reflect the content of the two issues featuring Doom. I really don't have a problem with this and some of you might not either if you look at it from another view point.
These covers are just reflections of Doom's anticipation. Therefore, we had the same anticipation as he did and the same questions of "Will he/I? or Won't he/I"?
With that in mind, I quite enjoyed the covers and the idea that he couldn't even lift Mjolnir. Doom was a catalyst for what's to come with Thor. JMS did well ressurecting (in a sense) TWO Marvel icons.

I never had a problem with the misleading covers of the FF arc myself. Mainly because that's how pretty much all comic covers are now-a-days. :o

Yeah, I just assumed they were red herrings while secretly preparing my revenge plans on JMS if they turned out not to be. ;)

I'm not anxious to see Thor tied to Don Blake or any mortal again, myself, though I wouldn't necessarily mind it in the right context. If he has to have a mortal host, I'd definitely want it to be Blake, though. None of the others have come close to the coolness of Blake, with the whole backdrop of medical drama that Blake could provide. Really, so long as Thor is still Thor and the 60-second limit remains out of the picture, I'll be fine with most things I can think of for Thor's reintroduction.

herakles said:
Also in reference to BetaRay Bill having the alterego of a black homeless guy that was a REAL let down after how his mini was ROCKING until then!

Letdown? What, that he was homeless or that he was black?

Beta Ray Bill/Thor is a great character. Can't wait to see more of him.

As for Thor, I don't mind the Donald Blake guise, I always liked it. Erik Masterson Thor was kind of lame to me, as he didn't talk in Marvel Norse-speak, and he didn't seem as powerful as the Odinson, but damn if he didn't give Gladiator a good fight.

That he was black. Duh. :rolleyes:

I'm kidding, of course. The fact that he's been stuck in a human body at all is just insulting, in my opinion. The implication that a character in today's comics can't be relatable unless they live in New York and have problems with their rent is part of what's annoying me about Marvel lately: too much homogeneity. Marvel's less of a multidimensional universe and more of a giant honkin' New York City with a couple other planets in the galaxy and maybe thirteen other cities and countries in the world.

bloodyarts said:
Letdown? What, that he was homeless or that he was black?

Beta Ray Bill/Thor is a great character. Can't wait to see more of him.

As for Thor, I don't mind the Donald Blake guise, I always liked it. Erik Masterson Thor was kind of lame to me, as he didn't talk in Marvel Norse-speak, and he didn't seem as powerful as the Odinson, but damn if he didn't give Gladiator a good fight.

I didnot like the fact that Omeing gave Bill an Alterego which was too me TOTALLY NOT needed! He could of given Bill, George Bush or any "white rich man" as an Alterego and I would have gotten pissed. Bill goes from a ash kicking cosmic hero in the first 3/4 of the mini to forgotten never-was in last half of the final issue..... not good!!!

Also are you trying to accuse me of something????

DB was fun in the 60's but we are now in 21st cen and IMO alteregos are boring unless done REALLY WELL! and Thor doesn't need anything to hold him down or back when he returns!

herakles said:
Also are you trying to accuse me of something????
Not at all. Why, are you guilty of something?

DB was fun in the 60's but we are now in 21st cen and IMO alteregos are boring unless done REALLY WELL!
I agree that Thor should be above alter egos. Seriously, what risk does he take by just being himself? He's got absolutely nothing to lose by not hiding behind another identity. But for what it's worth, I thought Don Blake was a really well done alter-ego. The only crutch Thor had during his time as Donald Blake was the 60-second crutch. Eric Masterson, and to a (much) lesser extent Sigurd Jarlsson, were unnecessary, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"