Thor's costume

Discussion in 'Thor' started by yoshimura, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamma Burst Registered

Nice suit,mate!
    Btw,that's a good name for a band.How did you come up with it?:)

2. TheLongestDay "FOR ASGARD!!!"

Blame John Wayne lol :p

and thanks dude!

3. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Dang this is your 2nd costume isn't it Longest? Didn't you post one on the Marvel boards of the Coipel costume?
    By the way what's the helmet made from, not the wings but the actual Head part?

4. TheLongestDay "FOR ASGARD!!!"

No this is my only attempt at a Thor costume (so far) the base for the helmet was this believe it or not! lol

[​IMG]

Ive done a few other heroes/villains for fancy dress before though! :yay:

5. Vartha Mod of Thunder

hahaha NICE use of that helmet Longest!

the reason I asked about the Coipel Costume is THAT guy Used these push lights you can get at Walmart for the Discs. I'm using wooden discs from Hobby lobby. Tho mine's a slow go.

6. TheLongestDay "FOR ASGARD!!!"

yeh I really wasnt sure about them at first but as it was a pretty quick job and made on the cheap so I decided what the hell :p

Plus it was last minute because I decided I couldnt go as Joker for a 3rd year in a row! lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(I was going to go as The Sentry but figured the non-comic geeks wouldnt have a clue who he was!)

7. antmanx68 Registered

That is one of the better Joker outfits I've seen. NIcely done.

8. TheLongestDay "FOR ASGARD!!!"

cheerz mate!

9. RogueDK Agent Of The Bat

I'll tell you...you would definetely scare little children with your very convincing aesthetic. And a few elderly people too.

I've seen all kinds of Joker attempts over the last couple of years but your's comes the closest to the real deal.:awesome:

10. Alex_Spider Registered

Holly Dude..!! Your first pic is like it came out of a movie. It's creepy and looks exactly like Ledger Joker. Amazing

11. TheLongestDay "FOR ASGARD!!!"

Thanks guys!!

Im trying to put together a few other costumes right now - trying to keep costs down,but spandex is expensive!:woot:

12. Vartha Mod of Thunder

I worked at a Renaissance Faire Tell me about it. Tight's, when they were needed, were expensive! I only used mine tending bar and managing a shop.

13. Son of Thunder Registered

@ TheLongestDay: Looks awesome man! I think the LEDs are inspired. Plus you got the locks and baby blues to match. The Joker costume is unreal. Thanks for posting both.

14. TheLongestDay "FOR ASGARD!!!"

I may have the blonde hair and blue eyes,but you sir have the GUNS! :)

15. tricon7 Registered

First, I'm not too fond of what I've seen so far of Thor's costume. I would ideally prefer his movie duds to reflect John Buscema's artwork from the 70s. I'm OK with the chain-mail outfit, though. I just don't like his whole biker-look, with the leather pants and black work boots. Is Disney trying to make him into a "common man" or something? And if Iron Man is allowed to have armor, why can't Thor have his traditional yellow boots? And I sure hope he has his winged helmet. Thor without his helmet is almost as bad as Thor without his hammer.

16. Microchip Gettin my applesauce back

I don't know if you've seen the trailer, but I'd suggest you find it and check it out. He clearly is not being made to be "the common man". He looks and acts very brash, arrogant and extremely self-confident. I don't think black pants/boots=common man either!
    He does have his helmet! Again, check out the trailer. He's wearing it in a couple shots and yes it has wings.

You know what, the trailer'll be out pretty soon anyways. Probably with Tron. I'm sure one of the helmet shots will make it in.

17. Asgardian For Odin, For Asgard

Hi, I'm new to the boards, but I think the Thor movie and costume are going to be EPIC!!!

18. Gamma Burst Registered

Agreed,Asgardian.Welcome to the Hype!

19. tricon7 Registered

I've deliberately denied myself the luxury of seeing the bootleg Thor trailer, since I want my first experience of seeing the big-screen Thor to be at the movie theater in all its big-screen excitement with buttered popcorn and Coke in hand - not a cheap quickie-look online. Seems to me that's like peeking at your Christmas presents in your parent's closet the day before Christmas. However, I'm pleased to hear that Thor has a helmet after all. I'm still not crazy about his outfit from the waist down.

20. Kokomo29 "You're my #1 uh-guuuy!"

21. BigThor God of Thunder

I think the outfit looks perfect for a live action "Thor" film. The yellow boots & blue pants would not translate well to the silver screen.

Those "biker boots" were just for concept art, the final version of his shoes are still black but they're shaped very similar to the yellow boots from the comics.

22. JAK® Upstart

How do you know?

23. BigThor God of Thunder

Think about it, black pants with black & slightly red boots look MUCH better with a black shirt & red cape. You gotta remember these Marvel movies are set in a "semi realistic" world.

Yellow boots and blue pants with a black shirt & red cape? The general audience would laugh at that outfit. Trust me, Thor is my favorite superhero but some changes are for the better.

24. JAK® Upstart

What is unrealistic about yellow boots and blue pants?

25. Whiskey Tango Registered

Ain't nothing unrealistic about it, turkey!

[​IMG]

Taste and good fashion sense are another matter entirely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.