Thor's costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally prefer Ultimate Thor's costume and hammer.
And if they made the belt and the hammer the actual source of his power, it could tie perfectly in the science world of Iron Man and Incredible Hulk.
Or, at least, be more believable.
Just, please... leave mythology and magic to the stupid Harry Potter franchise.
Mythology is sort of central to the character. I'd be beyond pissed if they bastardized him by making him tech-based because that's simply not Thor.

Yeah, I don't think the technological approach would be a good idea. But I'm sure it won't happen. After all, the first movie will be placed in ancient times, in a magic land, with lots of mythical beings. If they introduce high technology in that, just so that Thor fits in with the Avengers movie later... it would be pretty stupid... even for Hollywood standards.

I personally prefer Ultimate Thor's costume and hammer.
And if they made the belt and the hammer the actual source of his power, it could tie perfectly in the science world of Iron Man and Incredible Hulk.
Or, at least, be more believable.
Just, please... leave mythology and magic to the stupid Harry Potter franchise.
Oh hell no. That has to be one of the dumbest things suggested around here i've read.

You guys know that in the actual mythology Thor had to where a big magic belt to lift the hammer? He had to wear special gloves to.

You guys know that in the actual mythology Thor had to where a big magic belt to lift the hammer? He had to wear special gloves to.

He didn't need the belt to lift the hammer, and the gloves protected him from some of Mjolnir's power. Plus the belt and gloves were magical not technical.

I think he did need the belt in some myths. But Mjolnir functioned differently in the myths. It didn't have an enchantment, it was just really, really, really heavy, so Thor, who's already strong, with the belt, which made him stronger, was the only one who could lift it.

Possibly but he didn't need it in very many of them. That's the tough thing about Norse mythology though, the Norse were a bunch of spread out villages and tribes and they each had their own stories about the gods. There are wide discrepancies in their appearances and feats. In the case of Thor he could be red headed or blonde, bearded or not, a war loving barbarian or a peaceful god of agriculture, he could summon storms or he was only referred to as the god of thunder because of the sound of hoofs as his chariot was drawn across the sky. It was only after writers started collecting the stories into volumes that they would pick what they felt was the most prominent description or tale and change the details from the other stories to match. When dealing with Norse mythology it all depends on the specific myth and which version/translation of it you've read. So saying that Thor did, needed or looked like anything in the "real' myths is kind of a joke.

Quite true. Not to mention, most of what we do know about the myths is filtered through Christian interpretations, since vikings didn't really write much down.

I know it wasn't technological. But if you've read all of Ultimates 2 you'd know it is not in Ultimates either. I'm not saying they should go with it, but Ultimate Thor is not as bad as you guys make him out to be.

Just stating for the record that I do not want to see Ultimate Thor in the movies. 616 all the way. =D

The truth is the main audience will laugh at a 616 Thor. Not at an Ultimate Thor.

The truth is the main audience will laugh at a 616 Thor. Not at an Ultimate Thor.

That's where you are wrong. His name is Thor. Poeple know Thor is a god. They will expect and accept the real Thor where as even most comic fans laugh at ultimate Thor.

Yeah, movie fans seem to do fine with epic fantasy movies. I don't understand why so many people think putting Thor in that context--which is the proper context that he's always belonged in--would be so silly. No one's saying he needs to speak with Shakespearean pronouns or anything, either. Just give him an English accent and an air of regality in his speech patterns and he'll be no different from Aragorn or the protagonists of any other major, successful fantasy/medieval movie.

Yes. I like Ultimate and 616 Thor, but saying they should go the Ultimate route because audiences wouldn't buy the classic version is just a little silly. I think they should do what they've done with most of the characters, thus far, which is draw inspiration from both.

this
I need the big 3 to be in it in a big way:D Here is a great pic of them drawn by Jason Metcalf and painting done by JPRart on DeviantArt:
2w53j9j.jpg

I know I not great artist but I thought sufficiency could be obtained by developing a baseline picture on a foreign actor whom they'll most likely choose for role of this Thor... putting drawing and painting over him yeeld high effective overview of how to see at looking drawing of the character, understanding that this is just for foundationary work, solid foundations will lead to structure so people can base ideas of what Thor costume will really look like in real life based on impositioning on real picture of moving iktur, dancer or actor:

thortest.jpg

Yeah, movie fans seem to do fine with epic fantasy movies. I don't understand why so many people think putting Thor in that context--which is the proper context that he's always belonged in--would be so silly. No one's saying he needs to speak with Shakespearean pronouns or anything, either. Just give him an English accent and an air of regality in his speech patterns and he'll be no different from Aragorn or the protagonists of any other major, successful fantasy/medieval movie.

You mean Swedish. :woot:

~simba_317

I think if they make this movie it should be 616 thor if people did not laugh at Lord of The Rings Why woukd they laugh at Thor

if the movie is set in "ancient times" this should work, is very close to the classic. as for the cape he can wear it like a royal robe, but in action he throws it off to get ready to scrap.
as for loki he be all tall dark and handsome, but TRUE form should be ugly and decietful.

9009_press11-001.jpg

9009_press13-001.jpg

9009_press09-001.jpg

9009_press08-001.jpg

9009_press10-001.jpg

Loki's appearance is the one thing I didn't like about the Rodi/Ribic Loki series. Loki's never been ugly.

He's never been ugly but I did like that it made him different from the rest of the Aesir. It underlined the fact he didn't really belong amongst them. But whatever..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"