Thousands being harassed by 800-259-7187 on their cell phones. Who is it???

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
and I understand this is happening to lots of people around the Country. The weird part is when you answer the phone nobody is there. When you call back it says the # does not work. I googled it and apparently this is affecting 1000's of people getting calls all day and during the night and there's no way to block individual #'s. Why can't they figure out how to block #'s like that?

Is anyone else getting these calls???

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=800-259-7187&btnG=Google+Search

The google search above shows message board all over the place of people being harassed by this # with dozens of different claims of who it is from getyourdegree.com to a rehab center. WTF? Several people have said sometimes an Indian person answers the phone asking questions about education so maybe the getyourdegree.com is who it is. I don't know. I called my carrier but they can't do anything. I'm getting pissed.

Read these messages in particular:

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-800-259-7187

I'm sure it's some damn computer calling everyone with a false # that shows up on my caller ID. I hope these people are sued because I want in.

Why don't people tag it with a specific ring tone and just don't answer it? :huh:

Duh, Skynet. It's looking for Sarah Conner :p

Why don't people tag it with a specific ring tone and just don't answer it? :huh:

Can I tag it with a silent ringtone? Sometimes in interupts my phone calls, sometimes it'll ring at 2:00 AM. I keep my phone on all the time for emergencies. When I'm in my car if my phone rings (it's set up on blue tooth) it shuts off my radio for me to answer it. They need to invent a way to block particular phone #'s within the phone software itself. I figured the 187 was a code as a joke. Murder but what's the 2597 part?

Edit: Ok so now it's tagged as silent on my phone but that doesn't solve my problem really.

There's caller id on your cell, you don't look at it before you click it?

There's caller id on your cell, you don't look at it before you click it?

Ignoring it doesn't change the fact that it's calling. He doesn't care that when you answer no one is there, he cares that it is calling constantly and making his phone ring/interrupting other calls.

Would you like some one to call you every hour?

I'm pretty sure my carrier does allow you to block one number, so I'm surprised yours won't accommodate you. Is there a don't call list for cellphones? You could get on that.

^ Yes I do but like I said it still affects my calls in the car. My bluetooth automatically shuts off my radio or music whenever I'm in the car when the phone rings whether it's silent or not and it interupts my calls too. Sure you can see it and hit ignore but why the hell should anyone have to make these extra steps multiple times a day because some cowardly jackass knows how to block his #.

I'm pretty sure my carrier does allow you to block one number, so I'm surprised yours won't accommodate you. Is there a don't call list for cellphones? You could get on that.

Verizon doesn't. Also even if they could I think the # is fraudulent. THere are devices that can be used to change the phone # the receipient sees on their ID. So in a month or two they just switch the # anyways and it starts over again. I want these people found and destroyed. He he. Oh and yes I'm on the do not call list and I re-registered again just to be safe. If this is a problem and it keeps spreading it could really overload the system...which might be the point.

Verizon doesn't. Also even if they could I think the # is fraudulent. THere are devices that can be used to change the phone # the receipient sees on their ID. So in a month or two they just switch the # anyways and it starts over again. I want these people found and destroyed. He he. Oh and yes I'm on the do not call list and I re-registered again just to be safe. If this is a problem and it keeps spreading it could really overload the system...which might be the point.

I have Verizon. :huh: They offered to block a number when a guy was making obscene calls to my cell. I don't understand. Maybe it's because the police were involved, I don't know. And I know they can make it look like it's coming from another number because the police told me that, too. But yeah, if they are calling you several times a day, that sucks. :( This could be very serious.

I have Verizon. :huh: They offered to block a number when a guy was making obscene calls to my cell. I don't understand. Maybe it's because the police were involved, I don't know. And I know they can make it look like it's coming from another number because the police told me that, too. But yeah, if they are calling you several times a day, that sucks. :( This could be very serious.

Yep. It's not just me though so it's not personal. It's probably from some stupid website I signed up for one of which was "tagged.com". I deleted that account the same day too.

Ignoring it doesn't change the fact that it's calling. He doesn't care that when you answer no one is there, he cares that it is calling constantly and making his phone ring/interrupting other calls.

Would you like some one to call you every hour?

I've had this problem before, a wrong number but the sons a *****es kept calling so I just tagged it and never answered it, eventually they stopped calling. That was my cell.

It's Asteroid-Man, trying to track us all down.

I heard about this scam that gets people to call back a seemingly toll free number, but then when you do, it racks up long distance charges on yo' foo' ass!!! could be that same idea . . . never heard of it though

Yeah but this is an "800" # I'm calling. I've never heard of that scam with an 800#. I have heard of getting calls from Canada and other Countries where if you call you get nailed with charges and there was little you could do about it. LOL As far as I know you cannot be charged just for calling an 800#.

It's Dog Lips..........................he's looking for a home.

I just assumed it was a premium rate line trying to get you to call back

Can they make a number look like a toll number?
That's something Casey stated in her thread, some info the police told her.

With serious thoughts in mind,i sort of thought it would be a new form of telemarketing.

I got 2 more calls. I'm not calling it back anymore. It's a false caller ID reading I know it so reporting that # is useless. Another thing I noticed on Facebook is everytime you add an "app" it asks if you want to allow it to share your profile info. I removed all the apps and added the ones I really wanted back...and clicked on no. That's a cool Avvy Doggums.

and I understand this is happening to lots of people around the Country. The weird part is when you answer the phone nobody is there. When you call back it says the # does not work. I googled it and apparently this is affecting 1000's of people getting calls all day and during the night and there's no way to block individual #'s. Why can't they figure out how to block #'s like that?

Is anyone else getting these calls???

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=800-259-7187&btnG=Google+Search

The google search above shows message board all over the place of people being harassed by this # with dozens of different claims of who it is from getyourdegree.com to a rehab center. WTF? Several people have said sometimes an Indian person answers the phone asking questions about education so maybe the getyourdegree.com is who it is. I don't know. I called my carrier but they can't do anything. I'm getting pissed.

Read these messages in particular:

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-800-259-7187

I'm sure it's some damn computer calling everyone with a false # that shows up on my caller ID. I hope these people are sued because I want in.

My bad. I've just needed someone to talk to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"