Status
Not open for further replies.
This should be a nice mind ****.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47128

Tim Burton Casts His Alice
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
July 23, 2008

aliceburton.jpg
Tim Burton and Walt Disney Pictures are in final talks with Australian actress Mia Wasikowska to star in Alice in Wonderland, Burton's take on Lewis Carroll's classic fantasy novel, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The film, based on a script by Linda Woolverton (The Lion King), will be produced by longtime Burton collaborator Richard Zanuck, former Disney chairman Joe Roth and Jennifer and Suzanne Todd. It will be shot with live-action and performance-capture footage and presented in Disney Digital 3-D.

Wasikowska got her start on the Aussie series "All Saints" and is a regular on HBO's "In Treatment." She next will appear opposite Daniel Craig in Ed Zwick's war drama Defiance and just completed filming the role of a young Amelia Earhart fan in Mira Nair's biopic Amelia starring Hilary Swank.

Principal photography starts in November.

I've seen her on In Treatment...shes pretty good.

I thought they had another "dark/gothic" Alice movie in the works. Based off a book The Looking Glass Wars. The main character is Alyss not Alice..but still, it's based off the same thing
I'd probably would prefer Burton's anyways.

I think you've gotten it mixed up with Marylin Manson's one, Phantasmagoria: The Visions of Lewis Carroll.

Ph_poster.jpg

Actually, there was supposedly a movie based off the game, "Alice" being made. Last I heard, Wes Craven was directing it, with Sarah Michelle Gellar as Alice. While Wes Craven can make a good movie from time to time if he wants to, I didn't have much faith in this project. Haven't heard anything about it in over a year, so I'm not even sure it's still going to happen. The Burton directed "Alice in Wonderland" movie sounds a lot better anyhow.

Don't be surprised if these happen

Helena Bonham Carter as The Queen of Hearts
Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter.

I hope it will be better than Burton's Planet of the Apes.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47128

Tim Burton Casts His Alice
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
July 23, 2008

aliceburton.jpg
Tim Burton and Walt Disney Pictures are in final talks with Australian actress Mia Wasikowska to star in Alice in Wonderland, Burton's take on Lewis Carroll's classic fantasy novel, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The film, based on a script by Linda Woolverton (The Lion King), will be produced by longtime Burton collaborator Richard Zanuck, former Disney chairman Joe Roth and Jennifer and Suzanne Todd. It will be shot with live-action and performance-capture footage and presented in Disney Digital 3-D.

Wasikowska got her start on the Aussie series "All Saints" and is a regular on HBO's "In Treatment." She next will appear opposite Daniel Craig in Ed Zwick's war drama Defiance and just completed filming the role of a young Amelia Earhart fan in Mira Nair's biopic Amelia starring Hilary Swank.

Principal photography starts in November.

miawic0.jpg

She's a cute, interesting-looking girl. I can see her as a good Alice.

Sort of a cross between Gweneth Paltrow and Claire Danes.

Wasikowska seems like a good choice, she does her part In Treatment.

I'm really looking forward to this movie. Burton's visual style used in "Alice in Wonderland" could be awesome.

Whew, I thought this production was dead. This is a quintessential project for Burton. I can barely contain my excitement for what he has in store to this story.

Easily my most anticipated Burton film in recent years.

I am terribly excited for this movie. This movie was meant to happen, the day Burton's career started. I seriously can't wait.
And I like the casting of Alice. She really looks the part.

I think this sounds cool, Burton making Alice in Wonderland, and plus Alice is my name, I'll play that par-.........oh wait someone else got the role hehe

But I bet Helen Carter will have some sort of role in this, she always does in his film's or Depp that would be cool.

Moion Capture. More revisionism. Tim Burtons tired ass gimmicks. He hasn't made a decent movie since Ed Wood. Just seeing the posters for this movie will piss me right off.

Burton's not the right guy for Lewis Carol at all, it needs someone who can portray the humor, subtly, satire and wordplay of the book. Which is what made it a classic loooong before the Disney version ever hit, after which the zany visuals and creatures became forever perceived as the main appeal of the original. Burton has only ever made two funny movies (Ed Wood & Beetlejuice) and they were down to his cast. Even then, other movies with Johnny Depp have failed to be funny at all.

He'd make a great Mad Hatter.

Why? Because you once saw him in a movie wearing a top hat? or because it's fun to put out Johnny's name for anything remotely 'weird'

I'm kinda getting sick of Johnny Depp. It's like he only "weird, Dark" roles now.

Johnny Depp will be in this for sure, it's Tim Burton so obviously he'll have either a small or major role.

I love Burton and Depp, but no Depp for this one, please. If anyone should play the Mad Hatter, it should be Timothy Spall.

Why? Because you once saw him in a movie wearing a top hat? or because it's fun to put out Johnny's name for anything remotely 'weird'

Probably because Johnny Depp is a given for any Tim Burton film nowadays, and it makes more sense to cast him as the Mad Hatter than Alice.

Probably because Johnny Depp is a given for any Tim Burton film nowadays, and it makes more sense to cast him as the Mad Hatter than Alice.
Depp has actually said he wanted to be Alice just so he could work with Burton again. They're very close.

I could see Depp as the Mad Hatter.

I dunno... I think he'd make a better White Rabbit.

With Helena Bonham Carter as the Queen of Hearts. ;)

So who is Johnny Depp playing in this one? :whatever:

I'm actually really tired of Tim Burton films now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88